Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

Custom Title
    Is the deduction 2 points for stopping and resuming the program? (they had -3 total deductions).. I think it should be more like -5... for disrupting the flow, for getting an "unfair" breather... and also to counterbalance any sympathy PCS the skater might end up getting!
    Last edited by amateur; 11-07-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Custom Title
    Protocols are up.

As for the deductions of K/S:
    Falls: -1.00 Interruption in excess: -2.00

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Wow, K/S's score is RIDICULOUSLY inflated. It's like the Pairs event today was so tragic that the judges were just dying to score someone high.
    totally agree with you!!! K/S is overrated....... Miss Kawaguchi can be awarded "the best worst drama"........ never enjoy any of their programs,,,their expression is a bit over the top....

some people said "If Kawaguchi didnt fall,," ,,,its competition, not soap opera,,dont have too many "IF" out there,,,,,

have a look the score details.....the last judge must be blind or daydreaming......

Well Done! Pang/ Tong,,,another good performance,,,not perfect,,,but good enough!

Looking forward to seeing them in Tokyo!!!

I wonder if they'd taken the full three minutes they'd have gotten -1 for the fall and -3 for excess interruption (like a point taken off for every minute?)

Custom Title
    Last edited by Danale; 11-07-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Custom Title
    I think, the "last" judge in the panel really NEED TO BE ASKED, how and why he/she gave 8.25 points to Kavaguti/Smirnov for almost all part of a fawlty, interrupted program?

I wonder his/her nationality or the name of his/her sleeping tablets (most be too strong).

the links are switched but thanks for posting the videos

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    the links are switched but thanks for posting the videos
    Oops. Long morning
    Fixed it.

Custom Title
    Thanks for all the PBP everyone. I hope Yuko gets herself checked out for that nasty knock on the head. She could have injured herself and not even know it. They are still one of my faves going into Vancouver.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post
    Thanks for all the PBP everyone. I hope Yuko gets herself checked out for that nasty knock on the head. She could have injured herself and not even know it. They are still one of my faves going into Vancouver.
    Mine too, but I can see the hate building up.. For anyone doubting their motives, may I ask to watch the fall in close cap again?
    I just love their style, their programmes and their Th4Sal, even if they dont land it.
    P/T are absolutely fab as well, don't get me wrong. They're my two fav teams actually.

Banned
    Neither Pang nor Yuko has clean line or good staking skills. But at least Pang has some good atristry/performance to back up. Yuko is so over the top, it's difficult to watch.

Custom Title
    Congratulations Pang & Tong. Very glad they've made it to the GPF. I wanna see a showdown between two of my favorite pairs, S/Z and P/T.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Neither Pang nor Yuko has clean line or good staking skills. But at least Pang has some good atristry/performance to back up. Yuko is so over the top, it's difficult to watch.
    Kawaguchi's skating skills are head and shoulders above Pang's. She has much better edging and stroking, However, I agree, they both have a wiry line that I find somewhat awkward to look at

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    D&B have improved their connection to each other this year. I liked both of their programs.

I don't know what's going on with Rena Inoue. She looked...I don't know...depressed almost. I've always found her somewhat hard to connect to but this was different. It was nice to see Todd Sand in the K&C. He looks great!

P&T have a wonderful program. I find both of them extremely likeable and as soon as they take the ice I'm immediately in their corner. They win me over with their presence.

K&S- wow! That was a very nasty fall. I can't believe she finished the program, and so well too. I like her a lot. I'm worried that she is more hurt than she let on. She had a look on her face similar to an NFL player who receives a huge hit, leaves the game, and later the announcers come on and tell you he has a concussion.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I think Rena really feels more pressure, skating in Japan, than skating in the US.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast