Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skate America: Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by french quarter View Post
    I heard she doesn't eat more than 1,200 kcal a day during a season.
    I think that as long as Yu-na is getting nutritional advice (and I hear she does things like it certain fruits/ lots of fish etc) 1200 day is okay, its what some women use when they are on a diet. Less than that would be more scary.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I think that as long as Yu-na is getting nutritional advice (and I hear she does things like it certain fruits/ lots of fish etc) 1200 day is okay, its what some women use when they are on a diet. Less than that would be more scary.
    I like slim girls.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Noooo!!! Eat, YuNa, eat!
    I used to hear that Yuna does not eat snack at all during competition season.

I thought she looked less skinny and her proportion started to be a woman in this past 2 years. Look at her body during 2006-2008, I

still remember the satorare guy who was banded from this board used to call her popeye's sweetheart.

She turned into refine beautiful lady in this season.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Ladies:

1. Ummmm. oh, I know. Kim!
    2. Cohen (She WILL show up. She WILL put it together. I DO believe in fairies, I DO I DO.)
    3. Flatt ... but really there are plenty of ladies who could also medal .. Fumie, Julia, even Alexe. this is a tough one.

Men:
    1. Lycasek
    2. Verner
    3. Bradley. (There has be SOME moment when he holds it together. Why not this time? And he DOES have a quad...)

On the Ice
    Noooo!!! Eat, YuNa, eat!
    Don't worry, she's O.K.

I also heard that she's very cautious not to gain weight during the season, which affects the quality of her jumping. But she loves bread and ice-cream, and appeared as an model of bakery shop here, in Koea.

Actually some Yuna fans worried about her height instead...Her father is over 6 feet and very very slim while her mother is short. In one interview his father mentioned Yuna was very good at controlling her eating and her mind even when she was a kid.

Men
    1. Tomas
    2. Evan
    3. Ryan

Ladies
    1. YU-NA!!
    2. Rachael
    3. Elene

Pairs
    1. Shen/Zhao
    2. Zhang/Zhang

Dance
    1. Belbin/Agosto

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    1200 kcal is NOT okay for an elite athlete who spends hours in training every day burning off energy. I sincerely hope this report is not true. And I must say that Yu-Na seems pretty well-adjusted and has such a good team around her, so I can't imagine they're being irresponsible about this.

Custom Title
    I certainly hope this is not true. An athlete of her caliber, who trains as hard as she does, needs way more than 1,200 calories a day!

My niece last year decided to go on a diet, and restricted herself to just over 1,000 calories a day. The result? At 5'4", she ended up at 76 lbs! It was a shock when she came home from college for the summer. After seeing a registered dietitian for about five months now, she's about 100 lbs, still way under her ideal weight.

Custom Title
    hmm I don't think this is true. Even Korean fans said they never heard about this.

Medalist
    The fact that we don't see her becoming super skinny in a short period of time means that she's eating enough to get through her training and practice and we should not worry about anything.

It is true that she said she's watching her weight especially during the competition season. I could notice her face becoming rounder during off-seasons especially when she's staying in Korea , meaning that she eats more during off-season. Off-seasons must be when she does most of the intense training and practice, so I'm not worried.

By the way, I notice that she's still slim but her thighs are bulkier this season. Must have done some squats.
    Last edited by sjwh08; 11-09-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    hmm I don't think this is true. Even Korean fans said they never heard about this.
    It's WELL KNOWN to them. Why don't you at least google it first before claiming that it isn't true?

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...102100218.html
    Last edited by french quarter; 11-09-2009 at 02:25 PM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Men:
    1. Evan LYSACEK (USA)
    2. Tomas VERNER (CZE) (I would love and hope for Tomas to win!)
    3. Brandon MROZ (USA)

Ladies:
    1. KIM Yu Na (KOR) (could potentially win by 45-50 points over everyone else at this event.)
    2. Rachael FLATT (USA)
    3. Susanna POYKIO (FIN)

Pairs:
    1. SHEN Xue/ ZHAO Hongbo (CHN)
    2. ZHANG Dan/ ZHANG Hao (CHN)
    3. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR/ Stanislav MOROZOV (UKR)

Ice Dance:
    1. Tanith BELBIN/ Benjamin AGOSTO (USA)
    2. Jana KHOKHLOVA/ Sergei NOVITSKI (RUS)
    3. Anna CAPPELLINI/ Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-09-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Noooo!!! Eat, YuNa, eat!
    But she needs to be light to fly:

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/52650533.gif/

It's WELL KNOWN to them. Why don't you at least google it first before claiming that it isn't true?

Thanks for the link. I love it when people can back up what they claim.

Well, after reading the article, I am quite sure that she will retire after Vancouver - because, honestly, who wants to continue with such a miserable diet after having won the biggest prices this sport has to offer?

And there is no way, by the way, that this is healthy. Of course doctors are supervising it, but that doesn't mean it's healthy, doctors supervise lots of stupid things.

I never thought that athletes have such extreme diets. Now it explains a lot - how Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson looked like normal girls in a matter of months after the Olympics. Or even how Sasha Cohen suddenly developed curves.

This is also the best way to keep puberty from happening. I don't know how long Kim has been on this diet, but if her former Korean coach is talking about it, I guess not just since last year. It explains a lot.

Custom Title

Thanks for the back up. By the way, I doubt it is WELL KNOWN because when I asked them on the Korean forum, even they didn't know about this.
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 11-09-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast