Skate America: Predictions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skate America: Predictions

hellcat

Rinkside
What's going on, guys?
And about the muscles... You know that size != force? Her hands are OK for me and while jumping they actually support 4G pressure with quite an ease. I think she is really strong girl looking at her stamina.

In the Countdown Vancouver by Universal Sports, they show Yuna doing 2A w/o blades on!

She can definitely defy gravity! How many of you can do 2A on ground?

Medusa

Record Breaker
She can definitely defy gravity! How many of you can do 2A on ground?
Of us - probably not too many. But then again, it's not our job to do that. I hate this "do it better"-attitude. It's not my job, why should I do it better? Just because I talk about it?

Being able to do Axels on the ground is not too rare among the top competitors, I think. Sandhu has been doing 2A and 3A on the ground, Lambiel has done 2As on the ground...

Last edited:

Tango_D_R

Rinkside
Being able to do Axels on the ground is not too rare among the top competitors, I think. Sandhu has been doing 2A and 3A on the ground, Lambiel has done 2As on the ground...

I can barely do the single axel on the ground.
3A on the ground?? wow :eek:

with my roller blades on, I can do a gorgeous spirals though

hellcat

Rinkside
Of us - probably not too many. But then again, it's not our job to do that. I hate this "do it better"-attitude. It's not my job, why should I do it better? Just because I talk about it?

I apologize if you took it offesive but I was just curious as I couldn't even do one full rotation as a mere mortal. I never meant to say that you should not talk about it if you can't.

And I thought it would be pretty hard for a female skater to do 2A on ground.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Yu Na is a little on the thin side but it's still within the normal range, definitely not overboard! I'm around 1.62m and my weight is similar to that of Yu Na's ... it could be an Asian thing; Asians are of a different build and IIRC, generally lighter.

Anyway, I'm seriously not fussed about what she eats. Vegetarians and vegans don't eat any kind of meat and still live healthy, active lifestyles. As long as she's happy and not suffering from eating disorders, I think a restrictive diet is fine, so long as it's balanced. (I think everyone is just concerned, not judgemental, especially after Jenny mentioned many skaters suffer from eating disorders)

Since when has this turned into a thread about Yu Na's diet? I think we ought to set up a new thread just for this :rofl:.

And looks like Yuna and Mao`s height is the same. in a summer interview of Mai to Mao, she said that Mao`s weight is 47kg, same as Yuna, and Mao has a nutricionist of Weider, then I don`t think is a coincidende, yuna and Mao`s nutricionist know what is the normal weight for a girl of that height, age and athlete.

oh, yes, the predictions! 1. yuna 2. Flatt 3. Fumie (I hope)

sorry my english

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Boy has this thread gone off topic....I can land a single axel while jump-roping

Medusa

Record Breaker
Boy has this thread gone off topic....
Hmm. I think there is an actual reason why this has gone off-topic. The whole line-up is not really exciting. In every discipline you can pick out the winner.

Ladies - duh.

Men - I still think that this was specially set up for Lysacek, so that he can win SA for the first time in his career. There is 95% probability that he will win this. The only real rival they had to pick was from the 4th-6th at Worlds, and from those they picked Verner, who is the most likely to bomb.

Dance - I managed to predict every dance podium right so far this season. Which has nothing to do with luck or skill (I know nothing about dance), but with the horrific predictability of every dance event.

Pairs - even if the Shen/Zhao have a mistake here or there, they are not going to lose this competition.

Queens Guy

Rinkside
Yu-Na's diet

Sorry for another Yu-Na's diet post.

I've just read an article in Korean (written today) quoting what people around Yu-Na said about her. Koo Dong-Hee, VP of IB Sports (Yu-Na's agency), said, "Yu-Na barely eats dinner for figure skating. She eats cereal a little (for dinner). Because of the time difference, I speak with her on the phone during the night time of Toronto. Whenever I speak with her, she says she is hungry... She never eats more than what's planned. I feel sorry for her."

http://isplus.joins.com/article/article.html?aid=1266833

Last edited:
I think Evan is the most maligned skater on this Board, and he is a World Champion. He's won over everyone in his career save Plush and Stephane.