Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Skate America: Predictions

Custom Title
    It's the same thing with Weir and his coffee diet. That's why he is always getting sick.

Medalist
    New Yuna banners by fans @SA.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000001498

I want one of those.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    unbelievable.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    gold12345, chuckm, I'm trying really hard not to worry.

Happiness and Laughter are also a big thing with Health Issues. I have Benny Hill tapes to bring to a hospital if I have to stay there for a long time.

I should think Brian O would know about any dangerous dieting intended or not.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I should think Brian O would know about any dangerous dieting intended or not.
    Exactly. Orser himself was very slim when he was competing. He must be well aware of weight control of skaters.

Custom Title
    Thanks to the Nadia (I hope it's OK if I post her translation) from yunaforum.com here is more complete translation of that quote from the article:

IBSports: [...] Yuna almost never eats dinner. She eats some cereal. We talk in the evening her time a lot due to the time difference, and she usually says she's hungry. One time I joked "Funny Jjampong" (It's not funny in English, but it's a teasing remark in Korean.) She then said, "I want to eat jjangpong." (jjangpong = spicy noodle dish) But she never eats anything not on her menu. I feel sorry for her at times.
    Actually that guy always talks like that (it's not the first time I read "I feel sorry for her" from him), so maybe he is exaggerating, but there may be a reason for her not to eat dinner. She is not that kind of person who will do something unreasonable and I don't think that she is that hard on herself for nothing. She is in a good state of health, her weight is OK and if it goes this way there has to be some reason for that. I think she is one of the strongest skaters right now judging how she looks after her performance. So I think she gets enough food for sure, but maybe her timetable is a bit different or something.

Really nothing bad happens, if there would be some kind of problem, we would notice it. But right now her performances are incredibly good and she looks very happy. From the pictures that I have seen of her, when she is eating something, she eats all kind of food and not a little bit.

So I really think we are worrying about nothing here. Actually, I myself don't have a dinner due to my schedule and nothing happened with me, I just eat more at breakfast and later...

I do have real predictions of course...

Pairs

1. Xue SHEN / Hongbo ZHAO (CHN)
    2. Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)
    3. Keauna MCLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA)
    4. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV (UKR)
    5. Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN (CAN)

Men

1. Evan LYSACEK (USA)
    2. Tomas VERNER (CZE)
    3. Brandon MROZ (USA)
    4. Shawn SAWYER (CAN)
    5. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Ladies

1. Yu-Na KIM (KOR)
    2. Rachael FLATT (USA)
    3. Fumie SUGURI (JPN)
    4. Alexe GILLES (USA)
    5. Susanna PÖYKIÖ (FIN)

Ice dancing

1. Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO (USA)
    2. Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI (RUS)
    3. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
    4. Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI (ISR)
    5. Kimberly NAVARRO / Brent BOMMENTRE (USA)

Medalist
    Doesn't cereal count as food?

Medalist
    Yuna's official SA practice clip (with a fall in the 3F).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cNbHdl_ZVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4zmgYoqco

I know a lot of people who have their big meal for lunch and something light for dinner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I know a lot of people who have their big meal for lunch and something light for dinner.
    My Mexican friend told me they do so in Mexico.

I wonder if Yuna likes Special K...(my favorite!! and Raisin Bran-my least favorite...)

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    And if you know where to look, you can see our very own Blades of Passion doing a triple Lutz on the ground.
    Mathman, do tell!
    Actually a Triple Flip. Triple Lutz off-ice is just...awkward. There's no momentum. You can at least sort-of practice the Flip off-ice, though, because of the 3-turn going in.

Hmm, yeah, I should make some videos for the viewing pleasure of the board. I'll see if I can grab a video camera this weekend.

Custom Title
    yu na is awesome! i'm really interested to see who will get third here though (assuming yu na wins by a landslide and rachael gets the silver). i'd say it's a toss up between fumie, alexe, emily (though i haven't seen her skate recently), elene, and maybe susanna although i know little about her skating.

what's the deal with elene though? she's such a great jumper and does 3-3s in most of her competitions but always seems to place low regardless. she has so much potential

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Amd if you know where to look, you can see our very own Blades of Passion doing a triple Lutz on the ground.
    And if you look a bit further, you' ll bump into this guy, who "skates" Mao's, Miki's, Yu-Na's and Daisuke's programs in his own backyard:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yToTk#p/u

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast