Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Skate America: Predictions

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    And if you look a bit further, you' ll bump into this guy, who "skates" Mao's, Miki's, Yu-Na's and Daisuke's programs in his own backyard:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yToTk#p/u

I hope that guy was filming all of those ONLY in his own backyard.. with nobody around.. for his own sake.

Had it been my mother witnessing this scene in her backyard, she would totally beat the crap out of that guy with a broomstick and call the police.

Seriously though.. those jumps are unbelievable!
    But please, no spirals.. no spins..

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango_D_R View Post
    But please, no spirals.. no spins..
    You're too harsh!! He's been progressing in those areas!!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    OMG, that made me laugh so hard.

Lacking technique on the jumps but his flexibility and balance on the Spiral is actually quite good! Really!

LMAO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    i'm really interested to see who will get third here
    True, but I'm interested in the whole podium. Rachael has one more opportunity to make the Final here. She's going to be out for blood.

Down With It
    With a 2nd at SA does she have any shot at the Final? I thought she had to win...and that won't happen barring a mid-comp WD by yuna

Custom Title
    Everyone really thinks Yu Na is unbeatable by Rachael? I'm not sure... I sure hope so; because I'm not ashamed to say I much rather have Ashley in the final than Rachael. Plus; I'm in love with Yu Na's triple-triple which is a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    True, but I'm interested in the whole podium. Rachael has one more opportunity to make the Final here. She's going to be out for blood.
    I did say a silver would give Rachael consideration for the Final. I did not say she would be in the Final.

There is a lot of iffing to do here. Here's what we know:

Miki is IN the Final at 30

Mao and Yukari are at 20 , not certain yet.

Leonova and Wagner at 24, possible

YuNa is at 15

Suzuki is at 15

Joannie is at 11

Czisny is at 9

Flatt is at 9

Zhang is at 9

My IF would be
    Ando
    YuNa
    Suzuki
    Leonova
    Wagner and ???

Rachael to be considered as well as Czisny and Zhang if they get Silver and will be tied and also eliminate Mao and Yukari. If they get bronz they will tie with Mao and Yukari and It will be the greatest tie-breaker of all time.

Anyone see it different, let me know. I'm not perfect.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    New Yuna banners by fans @SA.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000001498

I want one of those.
    More banners are coming to Lake Placid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Everyone really thinks Yu Na is unbeatable by Rachael? I'm not sure... I sure hope so; because I'm not ashamed to say I much rather have Ashley in the final than Rachael. Plus; I'm in love with Yu Na's triple-triple which is a thing of beauty.
    Rachael can't beat Yu-na. But Yu-na can certainly beat herself, and Rachael can take advantage.

Custom Title
    Joesitz, that sounds right. However, I feel the competition is going to be a lot more stiff for caroline and alissa at SC, there are going to be a lot of good skaters there and Caroline is not a judges favorite and Alissa will need to keep it together. And that is for either one of them to win silver, as we can assume Joannie will win gold. Rachael on the other hand doesn't have much competition in SA (besdies Yu Na). It would be a big upset if Fumie or Emily or Alexe or even someone else beat her out for the silver. She's so good under pressure that I don't see this happening, plus I don't think anyone else besides Yu Na has planned 3-3s in their programs except her (and possibly Elene, but she always seem to have trouble in the LP). I think if Rachael wins silver then she will most likely go to GPF

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    With a 2nd at SA does she have any shot at the Final? I thought she had to win...and that won't happen barring a mid-comp WD by yuna
    Theoretically, she does.
    With 2nd placement at SA, Rachel gets 22 points(4-2)

Now this is a must - Rochette placing 3rd or less, when 3rd Rochette 22 pts(3-3)

.Zhang or Czisny 2nd - Rachel, Zhang/Czisny tied at 4-2, 22pts(higher total combined score goes to Final)

.Zhang or Czisny 3rd or less - Rachel to the Finals.

.Zhang or Czisny 1st - Zhang/Czisny goes to the Final. Rachel out.

Note : All is considered under Rochette placing 3rd or less.
    and NOT considering Akiko placing below 5th(which is highly unlikely considering the SC ladies field)

If Rochette place 1st,
    Kim, Ando, Rochette, Akiko, Leonova, Ashley goes to the Finals.

If Rochette place 2nd, and Zhang/Czisny 1st,
    Kim, Ando, Zhang/Czisny, Akiko, Leonova, Rochette/Ashley(higher total score) goes to the Finals.

(again not considering Akiko below 5th)

If something's incorrect, please let me know.
    Man.. this is complicated..

ETA : 1-4 beats 2-3 and 2-4 beats 3-3, am I right?
    because if it doesn't, this whole post needs to be edited..
    Last edited by Tango_D_R; 11-13-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Custom Title
    Extremely complicated...
    What if Czisny and Zhang go first and second and knock Joannie down to third and Akiko in fourth?

Czisny 1st and 4th as well as Akiko 1st and 4th equals Ashley's score of 24;
    Zhang will have 22; Joannie as well...
    That would be like on huge tie break...Especially if Rachael got 2nd at Skate Canada as well.

All in all; it's very, very unlikely that either Mao or Yukari are going to make the final with 20 points under their belt...

Tripping on the Podium
    Extremely complicated...
    What if Czisny and Zhang go first and second and knock Joannie down to third and Akiko in fourth?

Czisny 1st and 4th as well as Akiko 1st and 4th equals Ashley's score of 24;
    Zhang will have 22; Joannie as well...
    That would be like on huge tie break...Especially if Rachael got 2nd at Skate Canada as well.

All in all; it's very, very unlikely that either Mao or Yukari are going to make the final with 20 points under their belt...

I thought 1-4 beats 2-3(both 24), same as 2-4 beats 3-3(both 22), am I wrong?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango_D_R View Post
    I thought 1-4 beats 2-3(both 24), same as 2-4 beats 3-3(both 22), am I wrong?
    No I don't think so; if they have the same amount of points 24 or 22 than they go into a tie-break and it comes down to who got the highest total score of the two competitions combined. I think...

Tripping on the Podium
    No I don't think so; if they have the same amount of points 24 or 22 than they go into a tie-break and it comes down to who got the highest total score of the two competitions combined. I think...
    Actually 1-4 definitely beats 2-3. The other cases I'm not sure..
    You can find this 'why' in some other thread by Mathman's history class.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast