CoP and Music | Page 4 | Golden Skate

CoP and Music

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I agree with everything you've written except the part in bold. I think he plays the system perfectly well with his current tactic - the system rewards what he does because he does it well,can you imagine Brian trying to pander and attempt to be a ballet dancer on ice? He wouldn't pull it off and his PCS would take a nose dive.

He uses his exuberant style very very well, and despite all the talk of lines - he has is on the best male skaters posture wise that there is. He has a really straight back like Rochette. It's a shame that higher levels in footwork = sloppy posture and spastic limbs because IMO one of the best things about Brian is his straight back.
I think Brian might be able to do it and up his levels for step sequences and his transitions score. But it would be slow and ugly, and he wouldn't enjoy it, so it would affect his overall performance - he'd just be going through the motions. Usually you can see when skaters are playing the system rather than skating a program that means something to them (Johnny Weir being an obvious example). Which is why I think skaters should be encouraged to develop their style rather than forcing everyone into an identical mold.

Obviously we both agree on the part in bold. And we probably agree that nobody should ever wear fuchsia boots? :laugh:

schiele

Final Flight
I think Brian might be able to do it and up his levels for step sequences and his transitions score. But it would be slow and ugly, and he wouldn't enjoy it, so it would affect his overall performance - he'd just be going through the motions. Usually you can see when skaters are playing the system rather than skating a program that means something to them (Johnny Weir being an obvious example). Which is why I think skaters should be encouraged to develop their style rather than forcing everyone into an identical mold.

Obviously we both agree on the part in bold. And we probably agree that nobody should ever wear fuchsia boots? :laugh:

Great posts Ant and Buttercup! :clap::clap:
I have never realised why I have problems with Weir lately until Ant pointed it out in his post..
I think fuchsia should be officially banned in writing under ISU regulations. :rofl::rofl:

antmanb

Record Breaker

Maybe the fuchsia boots are a ploy to repulse the judgse so they don't look at their feet to spot mistakes :laugh:

Maybe the US ladies should wear them to avoid getting the UR calls?

I liked fuchsia boots of them:eek: Just hated the pointy things at the end...:rolleye:

Seriously seniorita - are you sure you got your head checked out properly?! ;) (only partly kidding :laugh:)

Ant (ducking and running :laugh:)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I liked fuchsia boots of them:eek: Just hated the pointy things at the end...:rolleye:

Maybe we will see Plushy in such boots? :p

If he could be a "baby" I am sure he would not be embarrassed to wear the fuchsia boots. :yes: :cool:
And think of how they would help highlight his steps and spins ;) :rock:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seriously seniorita - are you sure you got your head checked out properly?! ;) (only partly kidding :laugh:)

I KNow!!!:eek:It s worrying that I have heard this like ten times since monday..I also really liked Joubys sp in NhK which is more worrying:unsure:, although I totally blame Medusa for that!
But these boots, Pechelat's and Rubleva's that I saw in Rostel were the only things that got me interested in ice dance:party2:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I KNow!!!:eek:It s worrying that I have heard this like ten times since monday..I also really liked Joubys sp in NhK which is more worrying:unsure:, although I totally blame Medusa for that!
But these boots, Pechelat's and Rubleva's that I saw in Rostel were the only things that got me interested in ice dance:party2:

:rofl: :rofl:

Surely John Kerr in a kilt should have accomplished that long ago? :unsure:

How I envy him for his hair... :laugh:

.....you envy John Kerr's leg hair....???? :rofl:

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
his hair not his hairs :laugh: I'll have to take a look at that OD to see what it's like

actually I can hold my own regarding the legs, but boy his SCALP hair, even off ice is :bow:

ETA: His stockings are way to high to say anything about his leg hair

:rofl: :rofl:

I knew what you meant i was just being silly because of the way the responses were laid out!!

I have to say i wasn't keen on the long flowing locks look when he grew it, though it seemed every male ice dancer at the time was trying to channel Gwendal!

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
I thought by physics laws Plush without the spaghetti hair would have been rotating even faster!!!:eek:

Surely John Kerr in a kilt should have accomplished that long ago? :unsure:
Yes Yes that was the highlight of the show in Germany, how I forgot:biggrin:

schiele

Final Flight
Then it's clear to me, he has grown the mullet in order to not totally crush and embarrass his competitors. He is a true sportsman :clap: :laugh:

On the contrary, I think it's to give the impression that he is actually spinning faster than he is.. :rofl: