Thread: Anybody going to Skate Canada?

Custom Title

Anybody going to Skate Canada?

Due to a last-minute decision, I've decided to journey to the vast wilderness outside of Toronto, or Kitchener for Skate Canada. Unfortunately the seats I purchased are rather dismal...does that mean the event is very popular and all the decent seats have been all snapped up?

Is anyone here on GS going?

On the Ice
    I am!!! Thankfully, I managed to get some good seats! I'm hoping the event is packed. I can't imagine it not being a full arena. Skate Canada must be doing a lot of advertising considering it is the Olympic year.

I will go on the weekend too~

And, I am glad that I was still able to get the Gold Section tickets and also pick up the Gala tickets after hesitating. I heard that the Battle of the Blades will also perform in the SC gala

Ironicly, I had to drive to Toronto for Skate Canada International when I was living in Kitchener; now I am in Toronto, and I have to go back all the way for same event
    Last edited by gopatrick; 11-13-2009 at 06:20 PM.

I'll be there too and I can't wait!!

After all the travelling I've had to do this year from Northeastern Ontario to Toronto and back due to foot surgery, I finally have a fun trip that will have nothing to do w/me having to see someone w/MD at the end of their name!!!

Did I mention I can't wait?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icedancexpert View Post
    I am!!! Thankfully, I managed to get some good seats! I'm hoping the event is packed. I can't imagine it not being a full arena. Skate Canada must be doing a lot of advertising considering it is the Olympic year.

Darn, I was hoping that I would be able to sneak into better seats than my nosebleed ones if the arena wasn't very full....I better pack my binoculars, then.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Darn, I was hoping that I would be able to sneak into better seats than my nosebleed ones if the arena wasn't very full....I better pack my binoculars, then.
    I don't think the arena is that big. You should probably still be able to see fairly well.

Custom Title
    I'm going! I purchased my all-event tickets fairly early but still my seat is not that good. So no need to regret for a last minute rush ticket.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Due to a last-minute decision, I've decided to journey to the vast wilderness outside of Toronto, or Kitchener
    Haha.. spoken like a true Torontonian.

Kitchener is my hometown! Would love to be able to go, but I don't live there now and don't have the budget for the trip :-(

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm a maybe.

I have a ticket but I've been sick the past week and I'm not quite over it yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VGL View Post
    I'm a maybe.

I have a ticket but I've been sick the past week and I'm not quite over it yet.
    have a speedy recovery! You still have one more day to get better!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post

Kitchener is my hometown! Would love to be able to go, but I don't live there now and don't have the budget for the trip :-(

Do you think I am in a better shape? I am on Uneplyoment insurance, but what the heck, I had there the best time of my life at GPF 2001, there was no way anything would dstop me going.I am superpsyched

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post

Secret: Toronto is not my hometown.

Alas, the 'centre of the universe' indoctrination seems to be getting to me nonetheless!

Custom Title
    I'll be there on Saturday. I bought the tickets a while ago and they aren't that good. Of course there are way better ones on sale now. But, as someone mentioned, the rink isn't all that big so it shouldn't be too bad. It still sort of bugs though....