Anybody going to Skate Canada? | Golden Skate

Anybody going to Skate Canada?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Due to a last-minute decision, I've decided to journey to the vast wilderness outside of Toronto, or Kitchener for Skate Canada. Unfortunately the seats I purchased are rather dismal...does that mean the event is very popular and all the decent seats have been all snapped up?

Is anyone here on GS going?

icedancexpert

Rinkside
I am!!! Thankfully, I managed to get some good seats! I'm hoping the event is packed. I can't imagine it not being a full arena. Skate Canada must be doing a lot of advertising considering it is the Olympic year.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I will go on the weekend too~

And, I am glad that I was still able to get the Gold Section tickets and also pick up the Gala tickets after hesitating. I heard that the Battle of the Blades will also perform in the SC gala:clap:

Ironicly, I had to drive to Toronto for Skate Canada International when I was living in Kitchener; now I am in Toronto, and I have to go back all the way for same event:laugh:

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
I'll be there too and I can't wait!!

After all the travelling I've had to do this year from Northeastern Ontario to Toronto and back due to foot surgery, I finally have a fun trip that will have nothing to do w/me having to see someone w/MD at the end of their name!!!

Did I mention I can't wait? :biggrin:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I am!!! Thankfully, I managed to get some good seats! I'm hoping the event is packed. I can't imagine it not being a full arena. Skate Canada must be doing a lot of advertising considering it is the Olympic year.

Darn, I was hoping that I would be able to sneak into better seats than my nosebleed ones if the arena wasn't very full....I better pack my binoculars, then.

hongligl

Final Flight
I'm going! I purchased my all-event tickets fairly early but still my seat is not that good. So no need to regret for a last minute rush ticket.

amateur

Final Flight
Due to a last-minute decision, I've decided to journey to the vast wilderness outside of Toronto, or Kitchener

Haha.. spoken like a true Torontonian.

Kitchener is my hometown! Would love to be able to go, but I don't live there now and don't have the budget for the trip :-(

VGL

Rinkside
I'm a maybe.

I have a ticket but I've been sick the past week and I'm not quite over it yet.

herios

Medalist

Kitchener is my hometown! Would love to be able to go, but I don't live there now and don't have the budget for the trip :-(

Do you think I am in a better shape? I am on Uneplyoment insurance, but what the heck, I had there the best time of my life at GPF 2001, there was no way anything would dstop me going.I am superpsyched:cool:

evangeline

Record Breaker

Secret: Toronto is not my hometown.

Alas, the 'centre of the universe' indoctrination seems to be getting to me nonetheless!

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
I'll be there on Saturday. I bought the tickets a while ago and they aren't that good. Of course there are way better ones on sale now. But, as someone mentioned, the rink isn't all that big so it shouldn't be too bad. It still sort of bugs though....