Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    in my case, I blame Barney (but you do have a point)
    yes but I like green.. so I can't really blame Barney for my dislike of certain colors as he has both

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I resp disagree. D/W can't get away with a mediocre performance, I don't see it happening.
    The main problem for me in D/W OD is that is kind of bollywod, not Idian Folk Dance

Custom Title
    I resp disagree. D/W can't get away with a mediocre performance, I don't see it happening.
    Performance aside, they have picked 3 Bollywood songs, one may be remotely inspired by Kathak others are not. Others are picking up genuine music that is used to dance the program.

and steps are also not genuinely kathak or inspired by kathak
    Last edited by life684; 11-14-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by **Carol** View Post
    The main problem for me in D/W OD is that is kind of bollywod, not Idian Folk Dance
    Bollywood's been around for quite some time, it may be seen as a part of the culture. It all started with Raj Kapoor in the 1950s, if not earlier.

Tripping on the Podium
    yeah but still not that Folk like the others. i'm with Life684

Custom Title
    Bollywood's been around for quite some time, it may be seen as a part of the culture. It all started with Raj Kapoor in the 1950s, if not earlier.
    Yes, may be before Raj Kapoor. But Indians don't regard Bollywood dances as folk dances, further more they are calling the dance Kathak rather than bollywood dance (or they did initially).

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    and steps are also not genuinely kathak or inspired by kathak
    You're prob right, it's possible I wouldn't recognize genuinely kathak moves even if they were performed right under my nose.
    Still like that fake OD.

Custom Title
    B&A:

Did they change something in the routine? Thier OD looks less Soviet this time.
    Tanith is so pretty.

Their dance never was soviet to begin with. It is a moldavian folk, and Republic of Moldova used to be before the 1940 part of Romania, and the western half of it is still there in the eastern region of Romania..

The last section of their dance is an extract of Romanian Rapsody # 1 by Enescu, the most famous romanian composer.

Custom Title
    Good for N/B, seasonal best!!

What happened with C/Z? Why their TES was so low? Did I miss something?

I really enjoy B/A OD, smes to be atuthentic, the costumes are cute and I hope they keep improving over the season. They are skating really fast don't they?

what happened to K/N really low scores?

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Their dance never was soviet to begin with. It is a moldavian folk, and Republic of Moldova used to be before the 1940 part of Romania, and the western half of it is still there in the eastern region of Romania..

The last section of their dance is an extract of Romanian Rapsody # 1 by Enescu, the most famous romanian composer.
    Moldova stayed Soviet for decades. The kind of dance B/A are using, was to see on Soviet TV regularly. That is why I called it 'Soviet'.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    It looks like one element was completely ruled out, but I don't know how. Lowest TES of the competition. Anyone?
    That was a very bad dance. It is a shame they could hang on to second after being 5th in the OD. There is something wrong with how much the CD is influencing the outcome. It is like a protocol place holder.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    I really enjoy B/A OD, smes to be atuthentic, the costumes are cute and I hope they keep improving over the season. They are skating really fast don't they?

what happened to K/N really low scores?
    She put her foot down on twizzle, most likely got level 1 on that element.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    That was a very bad dance. It is a shame they could hang on to second after being 5th in the OD. There is something wrong with how much the CD is influencing the outcome. It is like a protocol place holder.
    K/N are just a fraction of a point ahead of C/L, who from what I've read here (feed kept freezing on me) weren't particularly brilliant. I've no problem with CDs being a big part of the score, so long as they are judged properly.

I still maintain there was some sort of deal with the devil, which expired after 2009 Euros.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 05-07-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Custom Title
    Moldova stayed Soviet for decades. The kind of dance B/A are using, was to see on Soviet TV regularly. That is why I called it 'Soviet'.

I am romanian and our folk music from Moldova region is exactly how B/A are dancing. the costumes are what I used to wear in kindergarten, when I was dancing at our festivities.

I am not denying that Moldova was soviet for decades, but before 1940 was part of Romania, going back to middle ages.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast