Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    She put her foot down on twizzle, most likely got level 1 on that element.
    That is correct. First they went out of synch, he was turning half turn behind her, then she put one foot down when switching direction.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I am romanian and our folk music from Moldova region is exactly how B/A are dancing. the costumes are what I used to wear in kindergarten, when I was dancing at our festivities.

I am not denying that Moldova was soviet for decades, but before 1940 was part of Romania, going back to middle ages.
    Well, I think it's a great thing that unlike me, ppl of a different cultural background don't associate B/A's OD with Soviet Union. More power to Linitchuk! I didn't live before 1940s, I only tell what I saw.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    That is correct. First they went out of synch, he was turning half turn behind her, then she put one foot down when switching direction.
    That would be no level, I think? since it is a "Sequential Twizzle" and requires twizzles in both directions. If she put her foot down before the second set, the second set don't count, and without at least one twizzle in the second set, the whole element doesn't count.

I am glad to see the Zaretskis take the bronze in the OD, and I would really like to see them take the Bronze overall, they are within reaching distance.

I did not like the Russian couple K/N at all, she maybe flexable but I do not see the chemestry.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I watched the replay on ice network on the twizzles-looks like Jana got about 1 1/2 rev. before she put the foot down. So it should be level 1. They must have gotten downlevels in the footwork sequences as well as the twizzles to get that TES score.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6