OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah well the Kerrs' Folk Dance didn't look anything like a country western dance I know... so take it for what you will

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte: Cute, fun. Too long a wait in the beginning before they start skating. The lift needs refining. My feed froze a couple times so I didn't get a full feel for the program.

Scores: 54.09/86.13, 1st/1st

amateur

Final Flight
I liked the Zaretskis (the first program i caught today). Charming, i found I didn't care about the tech weakness.

C/L - enjoyable, but there is something boyish about him, his style, and the way he presents her (or doesn't). This puts me off them a bit as a top contending team. Their skating skills seem good and smooth enough, but still something falls short. Lifts very sloppy and reeked of effort. But they are still enjoyable and engaging overall

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm really annoyed with the fact that IN does not seem to be broadcasting the music as part of their audio, it just seems to be on in the background and the focus is on the commentators, either it should be the other way around or they should make the audio levels equal like they do on normal broadcasts :sheesh:

beep_beep

Medalist
I might have a shot at trying to like K/N's OD if the costumes are gone...
my eyes hurt (and this is a bad program...)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think skating [read: ice dance] is the reason purple is not among my favorite colors

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Khoklova/Novitski: Elongated "look at me" intro before the program begins, which set me a little on edge. The ending spin into the lift is cool. Them trying to find new positions for her legs is not. The tool has become a gimmick. And there's the disparity between the two - she's just more natural on the ice, I think. A couple of bobbles overall. Didn't like the way the music went into the guttural dirge.

Scores: 49.53/86.47, 4th/1st

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
B&A:

Did they change something in the routine? Thier OD looks less Soviet this time.
Tanith is so pretty.

Still prefer D&W's OD.

Wrlmy

Medalist
LOVED B/A!! Totally in league of their own. There are parts they can improve on, but the speed and the chemistry were amazing!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Belbin/Agosto: Well, that was awesome. Gangbusters opening (after the too long pose). Easy lifts. Comfortable, relaxed, engaging, exciting (love the ending). Room for improvement but I loved where they're at.

Scores: 60.95/100.23, 1st/1st

If K/N get third overall by the end of this competition, I will be very happy.

life684

Final Flight
B&A:

Did they change something in the routine? Thier OD looks less Soviet this time.
Tanith is so pretty.

Still prefer D&W's OD.

D/W can dance some dance call it kathak and get away with it. But others cannot especially european dances they have to stick to proper music and costumes and moves have to be authentic.

**Carol**

Rinkside
wow good score for B/A, huge difference betwen them and K/N.

Tanith and Ben are loking so confident and happy this season :thumbsup: