Free Dance, Sunday, Nov. 15, 4:30 pm EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Free Dance, Sunday, Nov. 15, 4:30 pm EST

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm getting anxious too, but they din't had time to actually change anything on the program. In chine they recive level 3 for step sequence, muts be the same here to.

Thi first lift is great, the final position of it was great too

But B/A had more level fours than D/W or V/M in China (vs CoR and TEB)

beep_beep

Medalist
DelSchoes and DomShabs better show up soon, all of these free dances are boooring. The only one I really liked this far is Faiela/Scali.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, protocols are up. Quick glances...

1. B/A getting mostly 1s and 2s. Everything but steps level four, both steps level three.

2. K/N - only ONE level four, the rest 3s and 2s. They had the lowest base score on the night.

3. C/L gave up points on the combo lift.

4. The Zaretski's had the same base value as B/A

oxade21

Match Penalty
Okay, protocols are up. Quick glances...

1. B/A getting mostly 1s and 2s. Everything but steps level four, both steps level three.

2. K/N - only ONE level four, the rest 3s and 2s. They had the lowest base score on the night.

The power of the tech panel. Looks like Canadians will be very aggressive this Olympic season in Dance.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
My "What the Hell" was more directed at the sheer shock of the scores. Okay, someone with more knowledge of history: K/N in 2008 = C/S in 2002.

No way, K/N are finally getting the marks that reflect thier skating and it is about time.

Galit and Sergai C/S, won Israel's first world medal in figure skating, in a moment of heroism and joy for Am Yisrael. What happened following that was a backlash was something that could be described as anti-semetic comments made by certain skaters and commentators. The backlash cost C/S their career, and so saw some of those that made those comments rise to the top of the podium through Torino.

To this day, I still have the tape from that day, I watched the Israeli flag fly high with pride.

Sorry on a high from the victory for Israel and still passioned to this day about that event in Nagano.

On another note about Tanith and Ben,
I liked them alot more when their programs had a comedic element to them, and they were fun, and not so serious.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Pretty much, and I largely think that's fair. But it's still weird.

How do you mean, Oxade21?

It means when you have certain known person sleeping in bed with Schpilband camp and ready to kill for "Oh, Canada", you get levels 1s if you do not belong to both.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I would almost have preferred if their levels had been down. At least then they could have certainly done something.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No way, K/N are finally getting the marks that reflect thier skating and it is about time.

Galit and Sergai C/S, won Israel's first world medal in figure skating, in a moment of heroism and joy for Am Yisrael. What happened following that was a backlash was something that could be described as anti-semetic comments made by certain skaters and commentators. The backlash cost C/S their career, and so saw some of those that made those comments rise to the top of the podium through Torino.

To this day, I still have the tape from that day, I watched the Israeli flag fly high with pride.

Sorry on a high from the victory for Israel and still passioned to this day about that event in Nagano.

On another note about Tanith and Ben,
I liked them alot more when their programs had a comedic element to them, and they were fun, and not so serious.

Wait, anti-semitic? Remember, this was the competition that caused Albena Denkova to circulate a petition asking essentially for an explanation of the scores as C/S beating D/V was pretty much bunk based on the skating itself. You think they did that out of anti-semitism? Or do you think the accusations of payoffs (I'm trying to be sensitive here, but yes, the Lithuanian Federation did accuse Mr. Chait of making payoffs) is the anti-semitic part. I'm genuinely curious, as far as I understood it, that was one of the most spurious medals of the decade (generally accepted as such).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Okay, what Tanith and Ben are not getting is the PCS. And there are some wacko changes to PCS this year:

1. Some components get a gratuitious 0.5 every time you do a gratuitous twizzle outside of the actual twizzle sequence, provided it's appropriate to the music.
2. Same AFAIR for extra lifts
3. There are penalties in some components for excessive stopping and posing.

Someone in real teknik (Linichuk, I'm calling yoohoo) needs to read those PCS guidelines in ISU Com 1567 to understand why B&A are not getting the levels. If you check the protocols, it's pretty consistent on a per judge basis, and now it's through 2 competitions.

Pl. Name Nation TSS= TES+ PCS+ SS MO PF CH IT Ded.- StN.
1 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA 95.62 46.90 48.72 8.05 7.95 8.30 8.20 8.25 0.00 #10
2 Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI ISR 87.94 45.80 42.14 7.00 6.85 7.05 7.15 7.20 0.00 #7
3 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 85.73 43.60 42.13 6.95 6.65 7.25 7.30 7.25 0.00 #8
4 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS 81.78 37.70 44.08 7.30 7.20 7.40 7.50 7.45 0.00 #9
5 Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN USA 80.49 44.70 35.79 6.05 5.70 6.10 6.10 6.05 0.00 #4
6 Kimberly NAVARRO / Brent BOMMENTRE USA 79.42 42.10 37.32 6.25 5.95 6.40 6.30 6.40 0.00 #6
7 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV RUS 76.47 41.60 34.87 5.75 5.70 5.90 6.00 5.80 0.00 #5
8 Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET FRA 73.66 41.90 31.76 5.25 5.00 5.50 5.50 5.45 0.00 #1
9 Caitlin MALLORY / Kristjan RAND EST 72.03 39.60 33.43 5.50 5.40 5.65 5.80 5.65 1.00 #2
10 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 64.04 35.10 29.94 4.80 4.85 5.15 5.25 5.05 1.00 #3

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Or do you think the accusations of payoffs (I'm trying to be sensitive here, but yes, the Lithuanian Federation did accuse Mr. Chait of making payoffs) is the anti-semitic part.

I remember watching a vid of it and hearing Vanagas make a remark about being unable to fight "big money" which definitely carried unfortunate implications. I'm not sure if he even consciously meant anything anti-semitic by it, and obviously he was upset, but still, he shouldn't have made it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It means when you have certain known person sleeping in bed with Schpilband camp and ready to kill for "Oh, Canada", you get levels 1s if you do not belong to both.

And that's Dostatni (I mean, if we're gonna make accusations here, can we at least use names and not innuendo? We're not twelve).? Of course, B/A didn't get any level ones. Nor did K/N.\

I remember watching a vid of it and hearing Vanagas make a remark about being unable to fight "big money" which definitely carried unfortunate implications. I'm not sure if he even consciously meant anything anti-semitic by it, and obviously he was upset, but still, he shouldn't have made it.

Thanks, and I agree. I wasn't aware of that (I was aware that he had said something along the lines of "When you see the judging panel, you know how the judging will go" in terms of countries. That's paraphrasing, by the way.)

Last edited:

lakeshore

Match Penalty
B/A are so much better. Crazy CoP. Can't believe they were scored so looow. Stupid, stupid CoP, all manipulation.

Enthusiast

On the Ice
I mentioned in the CD thread about the issue re: Israeli judges country hopping to different countries, and/or coutnry hopped to judge for Israel. The Hungarian and British judges who judged at the GP events (TEB, CoR?) are Israelis. The Israeli judge who judged @ this panel used to judge for Hungary.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Tweet from Lynn Rutherford:

Drama in the mixed zone. Anna Cappellini collapsed with joyful tears when she and partner Lanotte gained the silver medal and the GP Final.

There's an interesting podium, where the silver and bronze(I assume) medalists are happy but the gold medalists aren't!