Copied from Tanith and Ben's protocols:
Program Component Scores

Skating Skills 7.75 8.50 8.00 7.75 7.75 8.25 7.75 8.50 8.75
Linking Footwork / Movement 7.50 8.25 7.75 7.75 7.00 8.00 7.75 8.50 8.50
Performance 8.00 8.50 8.25 8.25 8.00 8.50 8.00 8.75 8.50
Choreography 8.00 8.25 8.00 8.00 8.00 8.50 8.00 9.00 8.50 8.20
Interpretation / Timing 8.25 8.75 8.00 8.25 8.00 8.25 8.00 9.00 8.50 8.25

Judges Total Program Component Score (factored) 48.72

The issue seems to be in Linking footwork/movement-and there are some glidy empty spots in it yet.

They also could be getting better GOE. I know D&W collect 3's for their spin, and for that first lift.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Tweet from Lynn Rutherford:

Drama in the mixed zone. Anna Cappellini collapsed with joyful tears when she and partner Lanotte gained the silver medal and the GP Final.

There's an interesting podium, where the silver and bronze(I assume) medalists are happy but the gold medalists aren't!

I think Bonaly in 1994 takes that prize (even if she wasn't the gold medalist)!

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Wait, anti-semitic? Remember, this was the competition that caused Albena Denkova to circulate a petition asking essentially for an explanation of the scores as C/S beating D/V was pretty much bunk based on the skating itself. You think they did that out of anti-semitism? Or do you think the accusations of payoffs (I'm trying to be sensitive here, but yes, the Lithuanian Federation did accuse Mr. Chait of making payoffs) is the anti-semitic part. I'm genuinely curious, as far as I understood it, that was one of the most spurious medals of the decade (generally accepted as such).

I remember watching a vid of it and hearing Vanagas make a remark about being unable to fight "big money" which definitely carried unfortunate implications. I'm not sure if he even consciously meant anything anti-semitic by it, and obviously he was upset, but still, he shouldn't have made it.

I have the tape, I have watched the press confrence, and the entire event, and post, over and over again, V of D/V told the media that he felt that "You know there is money behind the Jewish team, Jewish money, that's the only reason they won." Denk/Staviski, and Navka/Kostamarrov (sp? on all counts) were also pretty voacl on that day. One commentator said that "Those Jews must have paid someone off" It really hurt. There were other things said that are too cruel to post. Galit and Sergai earned that medal. The backlash was uncalled for.

Right now I want to take in the joy of this victory for the Zaretskis and go in search of the medal ceremony so that I can watch the Israeli flag fly high.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I think Bonaly in 1994 takes that prize (even if she wasn't the gold medalist)!

But that was a classic setup: gold medalist happy(*most* gold medalists are), silver medalist unhappy because she wanted to win, bronze medalist happy because she medaled.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Tweet from Lynn Rutherford:

Drama in the mixed zone. Anna Cappellini collapsed with joyful tears when she and partner Lanotte gained the silver medal and the GP Final.

There's an interesting podium, where the silver and bronze(I assume) medalists are happy but the gold medalists aren't!

Lynn Rutherford should just shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enthusiast

On the Ice
Even with the win I am getting anxious for Tanith and Ben. If they can't get past 95...

MissIzzy don't worry about it yet. Even if B/A lose GPF, they have over 2 months to make corrections. They were off to an even slower start last yr, and look where they ended up by Worlds. Linichuk is a great coach, she'll have them so fine tuned by Olympics. Linichuk ain't Shpilband. she knows what she's doing, her students always improve the quickest.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Cloudkicker, given how much you wanted it, I'm glad it happened (and I don't even care for K/N), and I do want to say thank-you for explaining your comments. I was completely unaware of those comments and yeah, it was completely uncalled for (even though I do think they were robbed). Enjoy the victory today.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
MissIzzy don't worry about it yet. Even if B/A lose GPF, they have over 2 months to make corrections. They were off to an even slower start last yr, and look where they ended up by Worlds. Linichuk is a great coach, she'll have them so fine tuned by Olympics. Linichuk ain't Shpilband. she knows what she's doing, her students always improve the quickest.
IMO the program is awful. They need to dump it. It's extremely empty and artificial.

herios

Medalist
Not yet. Cappellini and Lanotte make Grand Prix Finale. The Kerrs are in the exact same situation that they were; they have to wait until next week.
Even with the win I am getting anxious for Tanith and Ben. If they can't get past 95...

Faiella /Scali could derail the Kerr's if they deafeat P/B, then it will be a tie and the best scores will prevail between 5-7 place

Dyan

On the Ice
No way, K/N are finally getting the marks that reflect thier skating and it is about time.

....On another note about Tanith and Ben,
I liked them alot more when their programs had a comedic element to them, and they were fun, and not so serious.

I agree with you regarding K&N cloudkicker.

What people are saying about K&N this year is how I've felt about this team since the 07/08 season. In general I do feel they are solid skaters but IMO have yet to be good enough to be medal contenders. After they skated, I expected C&L to beat them but was shocked to see them all the way down to fourth. I respectfully admit to being wrong about K&N possibly being held up due to the absence of DomShabs. The programs K&N are skating to don't help either. I agreed with Susie Wynne's description of the FD as heavy. The music is heavy and it drags K&N down and the FD is also heavy. Heavy on the acrobatics but the rest doesn't stand out in any way.

There has been some discussion about Marina Zoueva trying to pigeonhole V&M as the romantic team. IMO it seems that some have forgotten the early years of B&A focusing on the West Side Story and Elvis type programs. I love the more sophisticated and polished B&A but the judges seem to be reluctant to accept the "new" B&A. In reality the style of FD B&A are skating to isn't new at all. It's a natural progression of their skating that for whatever reason got sidetracked for a while in favor of the fast, difficult but very youthful looking FD's.

I could see Tanith's frustration and don't blame her one bit. It appears that once again B&A got dinged with the GOE scores. B&A are going to have to skate at 200% just to keep from loosing GOE points. It seems they can't afford to be the least bit tentative. In fairness, I did see some hesitation; it looked as if some changes in transitional holds and the exit from the first (or second) lift were different. However, while I understand B&A not getting a personal best score but that FD IMO should have scored between 98 or 100.

Dyan

On the Ice
IMO the program is awful. They need to dump it. It's extremely empty and artificial.

I can't change your opinion if you find the program awful after all that is subjective but "empty?" IMO B&A's content is as good as that of D&W and V&M.

Dyan

On the Ice

Good point Enthusiast.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

that's subjective/relative (where there can't be objectivity. artistry is subjective, period). ;) just saying...

I like this piece, reminds me of their 2007/08 FD... it doesn't feel like 4.5 minutes, feels way less.

beep_beep

Medalist
I like this piece, reminds me of their 2007/08 FD... it doesn't feel like 4.5 minutes, feels way less.

Part of it might be because FDs are 4 minutes long at most... :biggrin:

I'll give that this program is really smooth and I still can't believe how much Tanith has improved.

Dyan

On the Ice
As with any competition I guess one has to take the good with the bad.

:rock: for C&L's silver medal as well as B&A winning another gold and cinching their spot at the GPF.

But meh for B&A's IMO too low FD score.

Also for N&B finishing 6th in the FD; they must have lost some points as well. I'm surprised to see C&Z finish ahead of them in the FD. After seeing C&Z's programs in China I wouldn't have placed them ahead of N&B unless Kim and Brent made some mistakes. N&B like B&A made some changes to their FD since their first GP event and seemed to skate well. Also N&B's programs are a step up in difficulty from last year. At least B&A are getting the levels they deserve but that area has always been an issue for N&B.

B&A and N&B still have some work to do pre-nationals it seems. :sheesh:

**Carol**

Rinkside
Part of it might be because FDs are 4 minutes long at most... :biggrin:

I'll give that this program is really smooth and I still can't believe how much Tanith has improved.

I was about to say the same thing :thumbsup: they are improving on the programs over the season too , and they just had one week to worls since china rigth? Their scores were low but I'm sure they will works and change something of the FD to raise the goes or whatever 9I really don't get this scores system :laugh:)

for the other tems. :rock::rock: to C/L and Z/Z

KKonas

Medalist
Oh oh

Belbin looked majorly pissed at the score. LOL.
They have the reason to worry. Both V/M and D/W for some strange reason significantly over-scoring them so far.

Yes, Tanith looked like she was ready to hit someone when the scores came up. Hope it's not Charlie! This situation may end their romance. But I think B&A's program is a big downer. Audiences not crazy about it - very limited reaction and this is at home! What's with this Las Vegas showgirl dress? This story is based on a medieval poem. Tanith not convincing as Mary Magdalene-type. Judges don't like it either which is why they get low PC scores.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Belbin looked majorly pissed at the score. LOL.
They have the reason to worry. Both V/M and D/W for some strange reason significantly over-scoring them so far.

Yes, Tanith looked like she was ready to hit someone when the scores came up. Hope it's not Charlie! This situation may end their romance. But I think B&A's program is a big downer. Audiences not crazy about it - very limited reaction and this is at home! What's with this Las Vegas showgirl dress? This story is based on a medieval poem. Tanith not convincing as Mary Magdalene-type. Judges don't like it either which is why they get low PC scores.

Wait please tell me that Tanith and Charlie are not dating?