Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP Saturday Nov 14th 9:00 p.m EST

*sigh* Carmen....

still his best Free Skate in a long time....

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I would never pick on Tomas cause I enjoy him very very much.
    And in general I m not famous for picking on skaters I dislike. When exactly I bashed Evan?
    I dont even think he flails that much. At all. All i see is a very well calculation of his arms even in crossovers. Plushenko yes, he flails arms, hair and butt in all directions. But I love it. It is all his, it is his style and you just like it or not. But it all comes natural, doesnt seem like "How did Nicol showed me?I send my one arm right and my other left"
    If I want to see frenetic skate(and much more) i pick a plush program, if i want to see a jazzy skater I pick Tomas, if I want to see an actor I pick Amodio or Oda, if I want to see drama i go with Weir or Taka, if i want to see something magical I choose Lambiel. Evan has come too determined this season and I m sure he will be one of the few non headcases in Olys cause he is that good, but I just cant find an originality or his soul in his skate.
    At the bottom line who am I to judge, Plush has no choreo.

First things first. Skate to Carmen.

!!!!!

I fell off my couch after this
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-15-2009 at 07:04 PM.

I dunno, I think Evan's going to do something similar to what he did at nationals 06... want it too much and make one or two little boneheaded mistakes due to lack of concentration on the step at hand and go down... I pray i'm wrong, but i'm going to be prepared this time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I like Bradley's program but he skates SO SLOW. His basic skating is almost painful to watch, I'm sorry.

He lacks technique on the jumps too. His Quads are barely rotated and all of his other Triples look burdensome. His 3Axel is the only jump that sometimes looks good. He gets massive height on it and there is something about the forward takeoff to the Axel that makes his wild technique somewhat appealing for that jump.

The spins are not a strong point either.
    Yeah, but... the guy has been hanging around trying to make the A team for s-o-o long. It was a real kick to see him land TWO QUADS!! A TRIPLE AXEL! And an fun and funky program to boot.

and Ryan's a cutie-patootie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    He really is. If you ever meet him in person give him a box of German Spaetzle in my name. He once said he really likes them
    I gave him a hard time when I took his picture a few years back with a friend of mine, he is a lot of fun and really sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Your posts are starting to sound contradictory. There were also not more than 3 people from Europe who were clearly criticising Evan in this thread.

The expression "Fräulein" in Germany was originally meant to distinguish married women from unmarried women. These days it's an insult, because it was often used to belittle and ridicule girls, younger women and unmarried older women. It's a condescending and patronising expression, meant to lower the value of women's opinions and intellectual abilities. You used it just like that. It's by the way outdated, if used in public every woman can demand an official apology from the offender.
    You give me too much credit, as I only thought "fraulein" might be used like "young lady." And please consider how limited we "colonial" boys are.
    We are all so culturally challenged it is amazing I could even know one word of any foreign language.

I remember speaking with one of the many thousands of our soldiers who have kept the peace and protected your country since 1945. He told me just don't call the ladies "frau" they don't like that. He said call them "fraulein" and not to forget to offer them a chocolate bar if I wanted to get on their good side.

His advice seemed to work pretty good for me as I always had a great time in your country and even have a business partner there. His daughter was an exchange student in USA and stayed in my home for a year. We used to either call her "fraulein" or "fritzi" even though her name was Julia. She didn't seem to mind and I love this girl like she was my own daughter.

If you want to make up a story that "fraulein" is insulting , even though I did not know it, (and don't believe you) I apologize.
    I sincerely apologize to all three of the "Evan bashers extraordinaire" and appreciate that two of you are typically nice to Tomas

And we can all like different skaters. I watched Evan's LP again this afternoon and thought his closing steps were the best I have seen this season. He just simply outworks other skaters, even has many triples = points in the second half of his program.

Tomas can beat any of them if he could just be more. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank)

Guten nacht

Custom Title
    Yeah, I actually thought "fräulein" was a term of endearment, sorta like "dear" is here.

Oh, everyone can make mistakes while trying to speak a foreign language, I myself did some mistakes on these boards over the time. But the Fräulein thing is not hard to find out. Look here. And no, I didn't write that article "to make a story up".

What I always found most annoying about Fräulein, is that the grammatical gender of the word is neutral. As is "Mädchen", the word for girl. It's just, a boy "der Junge" is always male - but a woman is first "das Mädchen", "das Fräulein" and finally, when she is married, she is "die Frau". Hooray, now she is allowed to be female!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, I actually thought "fräulein" was a term of endearment, sorta like "dear" is here.
    I would object to someone I didn't know calling me "dear"... It can come across quite condescending.

This board is so educational.
    He said call them "fraulein" and not to forget to offer them a chocolate bar if I wanted to get on their good side.
    From all the fraulein talk, honestly I m only upset that I didnt get the chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Janetfan, it all depends on how you use it and in which context. And it is also important who you are adressing. Some older unmarried women will for example still insist on being called a Fräulein. This is often frowned upon but these women are humored.

Now, generally speaking Medua is right. Good intentions or not (and it is a leftover from the old patriachical days. It is not politically correct to address a woman, married or not, as Fräulein. Not all would perhaps have such strong movements about it but likewise not many would appreciate it either. See, it is even "das Fräulein". A neutre, many girls were referred to as "es/it" in the past. Pretty rude they were in these days.

That is definitely not the case. You can maybe still use it btw to address a waitress.

Just stating the issue...
    Danke K.

I am glad I apologized (even if it was a very strange, unbelievably longwinded apology that came with a rather dubious story attached to it.

I will call my precious Julia an apologize to her because I probably called her "fraulein" a few thousand times a week when she was living in my home.

BTW, I do know about ordering a "dry martini" in Germany. Ask for that and you will be served three vermouths Yes, I t really did happen to me

just offering up my annoyance - hate being called "young lady" - that's what I get when I'm in trouble with my parents... (though I don't get that at age 24 lol)

yes, I'm young... thank you for noticing, but age for women seems to be negative as a youth and as an elder... what is that about? it's just a number... I'd rather be known for my intellectual/personality (can't think of the word I want to use! how ironic) maturity.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Wikipedia lists "Mademoiselle". Is that offensive?

People don't even call me "little lady". They just ask for my ID card...

And Senorita in spanish!

Now I am offended. Not a single picture to honor me in wikipedia?:sheesh:

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast