Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

Ok people, now off to the boys thread.
    We won't even have to wait around to see Verner skate... in the 1st group

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    It's unlikely, yes. But given how wide open the field is, and how easily the door can be opened by a mistake from the front-runner, I'd never say never.

Even with three spots her chances would be slim at best. Hard to imagine she'd be able to beat all but one American...not without the SOHL and meltdowns from several top contenders...even then they may not send her based on how she's done recently.
    Given how she has performed internationally, during the last few opportunities she has been given, there is no way that she is going to make the Olympic team.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    I highly doubt Yuna's feelings would be hurt if not everyone like her but geez, her fanbots need to be less sensitive. It's part of life. Not everyone is going to like your fandom and it's okay. The world is not going to end ... yet.
    Agreed. They see the need to defend their little princess but it's not necessary.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    It's called Skate America!! You'd expect a bit favorism from the host country. It's really about UR calls, which is why this system sucks. Both of Rachel's jumps looked suspicious rotation-wise. But i assume she got the benefit of doubt from the controller.
    Ahh, no. I mean it can/does happen but Skate America was pretty brutal to their own women last year and placed all non-Americans on their podium. Only one American has won skate America in the last four years and that was Kimmie Meissner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Ok people, now off to the boys thread.
    We won't even have to wait around to see Verner skate... in the 1st group
    Wait for me, I'm going too! *runs*

movin' over the the men's thread.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Given how she has performed internationally, during the last few opportunities she has been given, there is no way that she is going to make the Olympic team.
    I think you're right, but the reason I'm not going to say it's impossible is because I didn't think Czisny stood a chance last year, and look what happened? She WON the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    Great music! I can actually imagine Kozuka and Abbott skating to it.
    All good versions they lined but for skaters I would prefer the original because of the orchestral accompampaniment. Much more color and contrast for a skater and audience to relate to.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I think this comment says it all...

lol sorry I got a little dramatic - I tend to do that a lot.

But I mean, being Asian that kind of stuff is misunderstood a lot, you know? A lot of Asians like to be humble at their achievements and I'm sure some people would take that as being arrogant or even pretentious. I mean, if she started to make number 1 motions in the air with her fingers and jumping up and down only, I would think she's an arrogant girl, but I like that she shakes her head in disbelief at her own abilities.

On another note, I found Rachael's program pretty delightful. I had little faith in her artistry before, but for some reason, during her step sequence tonight I was drawn in. It was cute, but also very captivating. Good job girl!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    It's telling that lakeshore was hoping for YuNa to "bomb" and wants to cheer on a middle-of-the-pack skater like Mira Leung.

Some people have inferiority complexes and hate greatness...
    Last edited by prettykeys; 11-14-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Agreed. They see the need to defend their little princess but it's not necessary.
    And it more often than not just backfires on them by causing even more resentment....

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    lol sorry I got a little dramatic - I tend to do that a lot.

But I mean, being Asian that kind of stuff is misunderstood a lot, you know? A lot of Asians like to be humble at their achievements and I'm sure some people would take that as being arrogant or even pretentious. I mean, if she started to make number 1 motions in the air with her fingers and jumping up and down only, I would think she's an arrogant girl, but I like that she shakes her head in disbelief at her own abilities.
    LOL

Yeah, it's okay. Just telling you not to get too worked up--sometimes you have to realize when you're not dealing with a reasonable person.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    i feel sorry for yu-na; at first she only had to worry about beating mao; Now her biggest rival is her WR world record and after breaking it three times in a row everyone is watching her; i was so nervous and i could feel her tension and nervousness; like she now feels the pressure to break everytime; its huge; no one skates clean everytime. She is gonna be a mess at the gp final . I hope not ; like my sassy yuna
    I don't think she considers her biggest rival her world record. Orser looks like a level-headed coach. He won't let her do that.

I love her skating and I'm very happy to see her perform well, but I must say this breaking world record thing has become kind of ridiculous. OK, judges, I got it that you all love her, but don't let her break WR everytime! It makes me nervous watching her.

Custom Title
    I think Rachel's 3t was rotated before she fell so maybe that is why her tech scores were better than folks think they should have been. And she really did sell the program. I do think that maybe Julia should be in second in the SP. Close though.

Yuna did under rotate a bit. I wonder why she gets away with it and Mirai gets zinged. Also her layback is not that good. The rest of the program is great and I don't think she PCS are out of line.

I think Fumie should take up speedskating and I miss her scratch spin.

I don't get the fuss over Alexe. She skates like a junior.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    And it more often than not just backfires on them by causing even more resentment....
    How true that is. I wish ALL uber-fans (of any skater, not just Yuna) would read this and think again before jumping all over someone who doesn't share their view...

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast