Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST: | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

ahminc

Spectator
Dear god, you joining just to leave this comment just proves RD and I right. Difference of opinions, no big deal as long as we're polite here.

thank you for your advice.
but I think some people seem too strict to YUNA.
I know... because she is the best skater in the world now.
anyway, I was just wondering about this forum for a long time and I joined.
I wanted not only leave my opinion but also read other opinios and pass them to my friends who is wondering about figure world's news.
Is it a problem? Please just welcome me.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
The URs are usually accurate, once you take prerotations into account. Go back to some of Miki's UR downgrades and look at her entries; you'll see my point.

Went on at some length about this in my earlier post.

Miki does have her share correct downgrades but then there are some that I think was fine and I'm just talking about the loop her triple-triple combo.

I wanted not only leave my opinion but also read other opinios and pass them to my friends who is wondering about figure world's news.

The problem is that you post with this attitude that no one is allowed to question/ critique Yuna. All opinions are allowed here as long as you remain cordial.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't know if it's best team ever stuff, but Jeff Buttle definitely knew how to work COP, as does Joannie Rochette.

prettykeys

Medalist
You think that looked UR? umm.. I don't think so.
If her jump is UR, other ladies skaters' jumps are all UR.
YUNA is perfect.
You shouldn't be so overly critical.
As a YuNa fan, I can tell you that the 3T coming off the 3Lz-3T looked underrotated, but not more than 1/4 of the allowed underrotation, so YuNa probably did not get the "<" penalty.

yqs100

On the Ice
seems like the olympics ladies competition will be the most predictable event...............................kind of boring,,,,

shallwedansu

On the Ice
If you want to feel welcome, then you have to be open to others' opinions. You get what you give. If you think people are being overly critical of Yu-Na then maybe you're being overly critical of their opinions.

Honestly, it's much easier and better for Yu-Na's image if you just ignore it, rather than defend your goddess. It's doing her no good by calling her perfect. Even Yu-Na knows herself, that she's not perfect.

ahminc

Spectator
If you want to feel welcome, then you have to be open to others' opinions. You get what you give. If you think people are being overly critical of Yu-Na then maybe you're being overly critical of their opinions.

Honestly, it's much easier and better for Yu-Na's image if you just ignore it, rather than defend your goddess. It's doing her no good by calling her perfect. Even Yu-Na knows herself, that she's not perfect.

Umm.. I see this atmosphere now..
Here is no different from other site.
I just expressed my opinion... umm..
I think "perfect" caused a misunderstanding. Sorry for my poor English.
Anyway, thank you for your advice. I will keep it in my mind whenever I drop by here.

Last edited:

Sk8tr321

Rinkside
Skate America Ladies Short

I just watched the ladies short.

Yu Na was great and her TES was deserved but I notice that most of her PCS scores were in the 8's and Rachael Flatts were in the 6's.

Was Yu Na's PE,CH, and IN really that much better than Rachael's?

I thought Rachael's program interpretaion was great and I don't usually think that about her. Especially her footwork sequence - music, performance, attitude, choreography, all top notch.

Don't get me wrong I think Yu Na's James Bond program is great but the gap in the PCS scores I don't understand. I am in no way an expert on this however we are talking about performance, interpretation, and choreography here.

Nadia01

Final Flight
It does get old. But yes, not much else they can do when no one else is even close..
Well...other skaters need to step up. Then the commentators won't have to drool so much over Yuna.

I watched her SP on YouTube, and thought it was very nicely done.

I do feel very sorry for Julia b/c I think she was robbed.

sjwh08

Rinkside
Sad to see every single time there's a new Yuna vid becomes available (practice or competition), there's someone who attacks her technical element. Then there are Yuna fans trying to defend it, then there are bashing on these fans saying that "Everyone's allowed an opinion!". Over and over and over and over again.

I personally think that there's a almost zero room for "opinions" in terms of technical element. So it's not surprising Yuna fans want to respond to this kinds of remarks. I don't remember seeing Yuna fans' responding much to posts like "I just don't like Yuna." or "Her skating's not pretty." etc., which are topics wide open to "opinions".

It just doesn't seem right to say that Yuna's jump is technically wrong and back the remark by "Leave me alone, I'm entitled to my opinion." False accusation and expressing a matter of taste are different matters.

Those who can't help but nitpicking and false accusations bother me much more than Yuna fans responding to those. But those seem to have a good tactic. "Accuse Yuna fans back for ever responding."

sjwh08

Rinkside
Anyways, congrats to Yuna on a good performance today. I didn't like the costume 1st time but now I like it. :clap::clap::clap:

Now that Rachel seems to be get the silver, any predictions on the GP final spots?

evangeline

Record Breaker
I personally think that there's a almost zero room for "opinions" in terms of technical element.

Well, factors such as camera angle allow for much room in interpretation and opinion when it comes to technical elements. The nature of the matters being discussed--the minutiae of rotation, for instance--also tends to result in differing opinions, no?

Besides, has anyone really "attacked" or "bashed" Yu-Na here? The closest post I saw to this was someone stating that maybe, perhaps Yu-Na's 3T looked under-rotated to his/her untrained eye (which does not constitute as attacking or bashing at all). Yu-Na's fans are perfectly welcome to disagree with comments like these. What, however, is being objected to are sweeping statements declaring that Yu-Na is perfect and that any differing opinions of her or her technical elements are absolutely wrong with no justification whatsoever.

Additionally, one should also keep in mind that Yu-Na is far from the only skater being questioned about URs. Just look at the entire thread....you'll see UR-calls tacked to other skaters' jumps as well.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yu Na is not perfect, but if her 3-3s are under rotated I think it just goes to show how hard it is to do a 3-3 as a woman of a substantial age and height. Mao, Yu Na, Caroline, Mirai, Rachael all did 3-3s without suffering from UR penalties a few years ago. I think it just goes to show that it's a lot to easier to rotate when you're a teeny 5 ft tall 14 year old. If you look at the tallest skaters in the field-Carolina, Kiira, Alexe, etc-all about 5'6 5'7, they generally suffer from inconsistency with their jumps. Rachael is still tiny, but Yu Na at 5'5 is almost as tall as those skaters who dazzle us half the time then fall frequently the rest of the time. Mao I think is the same height as Yu Na, and Caroline and Mirai were listed as 5'4 last year and could easily be 5'5 or taller by now. Even though all these skaters are thin and extremely fit, I think they might just be at a disadvantage being a little taller than most skaters. But this is just a thought

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"substantial age" ???? how old is she again? pretty sure she's younger than I am (24) and I'm pretty sure SUBSTANTIAL is well in both of our futures.

SusieH

On the Ice
It's doing her no good by calling her perfect. Even Yu-Na knows herself, that she's not perfect.

Yeah, I just read the Icenetwork review. Yuna herself was very self-critical and claimed that "the footwork and last [camel combination] spin were slow and struggling" Orser also said "She knows she has a lot of work to do."

Congratulations to the leading three ladies. :) Of course I'm very happy for Yuna. As her fan, I actually feel sorry for her that she felt that nervous entering into this competition. But I guess that's what being one of the best in the world is all about. You just have to learn to be strong and control your nerves in big competitions. That's how you become one of the best in the field.

Despite Flatt's unfortunate fall, I found her program very pleasant and enjoyable. Julia Sebestyen's performance was a delight to watch. I'm not familiar with this skater, but I hope she can keep it up tomorrow. :)

poorScorer

Rinkside

Well said. I cannot agree more.

Being a big yuna's fan myself, I think some of her 'uber' fans' really hurting her image.
I kindof feel sorry for her. She definitely deserves better fan there.

And I really applaud for Jullia Sebestyen.
hope she won't repeat that FP of russia tommorrow.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
"substantial age" ???? how old is she again? pretty sure she's younger than I am (24) and I'm pretty sure SUBSTANTIAL is well in both of our futures.

She's 19, which IS young, but it just seems like figure skating, like gymnastics, is one of those sports where girls peak at like 15-16. Not all of them obviously, but if you look at Kimmie, Emily, Mao, Caroline, Mirai, Rachael etc, they seem to have more trouble jumping as they get older. They get taller, the center of gravity changes, so even if they hardly gain any weight at all the jumps are still different. I mean I read the thread where people were talking about Yu Na's strict diet, but I mean if she has to go around hungry all day just so she can do 3-3 jump combinations isn't that saying something about the sport? She should just eat, she's already amazing

sjwh08

Rinkside
Well, factors such as camera angle allow for much room in interpretation and opinion when it comes to technical elements. The nature of the matters being discussed--the minutiae of rotation, for instance--also tends to result in differing opinions, no?

Besides, has anyone really "attacked" or "bashed" Yu-Na here?

I said bashing on "Yuna fans" and attacking "Yuna fans" annoys me.
By the way, If technical calls by us TV or small video viewers can be subject to "opinions" because of the inaccuracy of viewing it through camera, I think the burden of proving UR is on those of us calling UR. That is, it requires a lot more caution calling UR than calling that a jump is not UR. Technical calls being subject to camera angles and all doesn't mean that anyone's free to call UR because it's his/her opinion but it means that it needs a bigger caution for us to call UR.
It just seems that some people don't hesitate to call UR saying "It just looks like that to me. I can say whatever I feel like."