Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    No they are judging rotation. Judges are the ones who decided, GOE wise whether the jump is UR or not. They make the choice individually and mark according to what they think is right. Before, the caller would decide and the judges would ALL HAVE to mark accordingly to what the tech called. Judges now don't see the UR mark until protocols are out.
    The caller is still the one who decides whether the jump is a triple or double for base value. The judges can think in their own minds whether it was under rotated or not, but they are not given the official call. Their GOEs reflect the execution of the jump and unless it's an obvious cheat, the GOE is not affected.

I know. I am a judge.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Just FedEx her the gold already...let everyone else battle it out for the remaining spots.
    Thankfully, the competition for second and third is quite tight (both here and at the Olympics) and should make for a worthwhile competition.

Custom Title
    Go, YuNa!
    I can't wait to see her on YouTube.

Here is one version of Classical Gas, a guitar piece by Mason Williams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQh7F_1mbk

You see why I want someone to skate to it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbyskates View Post
    The caller is still the one who decides whether the jump is a triple or double for base value. The judges can think in their own minds whether it was under rotated or not, but they are not given the official call. Their GOEs reflect the execution of the jump and unless it's an obvious cheat, the GOE is not affected.

I know. I am a judge.
    You are correct!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    It was no contest, Yuna should be skating against the guys

I like Yu-Na, but she ain't no Midori Ito

Judging by what I just saw I take it that Emily Hughes is not going to make the Olympic team. Personally, I never saw the what all of the hype was about anyways. I feel that the only reason she was 'hyped' is because she is Sarah Hughes' little sister, and all through Torino they media kept asking if lightning would strike twice.

But I am sorry to see that Alex did not do as well, I was hoping that she was going to really present her case to be considered a serious contender for the olympic team. At this rate it is going to be Rachel and or either Carolina Zhang or Miri Nagasu.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    (S)he's calling anyone who disagrees with the judging pretentious (yes, even those that think that Yu-Na should have won by a mile but not by a WR)
    I was just making a technical comment regarding her jump combo. she is my favorite skater.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbyskates View Post

I know. I am a judge.
    I know that as well but the judges' individual opinions on UR are respected moreso since the changes, hence GOEs will vary as opposed to the straight -3s.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Just FedEx her the gold already...let everyone else battle it out for the remaining spots.
    She'd be in 3rd at the mens event in this competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I was just making a technical comment regarding her jump combo. she is my favorite skater.
    Exactly. Me too. To some of these fanbots, however, not calling her a gift from God is equivalent to being anti-YuNa.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    I think it depends on the camera angle.... Anyway, I hate she pretentious behavior everytime the new WR comes up... Stop doing that...
    Hello? Pretentious? Wait, you ARE talking about Yeon-A right? Are you kidding? So many people say that she is so humble and I agree with them! When I see her reactions to her scores, she seems nothing but genuinely happy and humble. When she shakes her head, it's her shaking her head at disbelief at the high score she got, not pretentious behavior. I hope you know what that word even means.

I apologize if you're not talking about Yeon-A, but if you are, I think you need to go back and think about it again.

Sorry I'm being harsh, but that comment kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    Oh and she has a higher TES score than all the men at this competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Judging by what I just saw I take it that Emily Hughes is not going to make the Olympic team. Personally, I never saw the what all of the hype was about anyways. I feel that the only reason she was 'hyped' is because she is Sarah Hughes' little sister, and all through Torino they media kept asking if lightning would strike twice.
    Well of course you can't escape the Hughes' name recognition... but to be fair to Emily, she did have some good accomplishments of her own - did she not medal at Junior Worlds? and a very respectable topp 10 in the Olympics. So she created some of her own "hype", if you want to call it that, simply by being a good competitor, whatever her limitations. Of course the media would play things up too much though with the "lightning striking twice" stuff... but that is simply what the media does... best to ignore it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    To make it closer to a men's SP comp, if you remove Yuna's spiral seq and let's say we count her step seq twice, leave all else the same, where would her score stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Go, YuNa!
    I can't wait to see her on YouTube.

Here is one version of Classical Gas, a guitar piece by Mason Williams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQh7F_1mbk

You see why I want someone to skate to it.
    So agree... this music has been on my skating program wish list for many years.
    There's the Clapton version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55A9H-PqOvY
    and Chet Atkins' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtvALWlKK4

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast