Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    I don't think she considers her biggest rival her world record. Orser looks like a level-headed coach. He won't let her do that.

I love her skating and I'm very happy to see her perform well, but I must say this breaking world record thing has become kind of ridiculous. OK, judges, I got it that you all love her, but don't let her break WR everytime! It makes me nervous watching her.
    I can see your point - but a more honest opinion is that Yuna did not belong int his group of girls tonight. She is way to good for them and better than the score differencial.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post

I think Fumie should take up speedskating and I miss her scratch spin.

I don't get the fuss over Alexe. She skates like a junior.
    Lol, I miss Fumie's scratch spins too! They really did a good job of getting a "wow" reaction out of the audience right at the end of the program. She's skating pretty well, but she needs to become a bit more of a CoP-robot.

Alexe is a bit juniorish, but I think she has the potential if you look at some of her more successful programs. Her jumps are clean when they're done properly. She has pretty good technique. I'd say she may very well become the next big thing for US ladies skating in a couple of years.

Down With It
    She was off tonight, plain and simple.

Custom Title

Yuna did under rotate a bit. I wonder why she gets away with it and Mirai gets zinged.

Yu-Na is world champion and clearly the class of the entire ladies' field, it's not surprising that she gets the benefit of the doubt by the technical caller. Also, to me, Mirai's UR-ing is MUCH more obvious than Yu-Na's by a long, long mile....

I think Rachel's 3t was rotated before she fell so maybe that is why her tech scores were better than folks think they should have been. And she really did sell the program. I do think that maybe Julia should be in second in the SP. Close though.

Yuna did under rotate a bit. I wonder why she gets away with it and Mirai gets zinged. Also her layback is not that good. The rest of the program is great and I don't think she PCS are out of line.

I think Fumie should take up speedskating and I miss her scratch spin.

I dont get the fuss over Rachael. I liked Julia and Fumie better tonight.

Personally I don't think scores are that big of a deal. So when you break your own WR by half a point or whatever, it's really not worth getting worked up about.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    And it more often than not just backfires on them by causing even more resentment....
    Well, I understand where you're coming from, but part of the problem is that there are so many uber-Yuna fans around that it's hard to tell apart who's making a normal observation from someone who's crazy about Yuna and wishes everyone else bad luck. I mean I feel like the minute someone starts to defend Yuna strongly, everyone thinks he's one of "those" people.

On the other hand, I actually loved Julia's program. It's amazing that she's actually gotten a consistent SP going. Her LP's less reliable though...

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=SerpentineSteps;428826 [/QUOTE]

You really love underdogs don't you.

Custom Title
    SerpentineSteps, it's okay to love underdogs, but let's watch everyone with a clear head dahhling... It's really funny, when S/S led over M/T and D/D in the SP @ TEB, you were upset and making ridiculous comments about pairs being too predictable, skating should be less predictable, blah blah blah... But S/S bombed the LP, and,well... you can finish the end of that sentence

ETA: Rachael Flatt did not deserve that score. Her flutz has appeared again, expectedly.
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 11-14-2009 at 09:20 PM.

take off the oven mitts
    i still like alexe 2nd best behind yeonah at this event. i don't care about the jumps. but darn if her hopes for one of the oly spots didn't just vaporize like her nerves.

very happy for julie sebestyen and fumie suguri and their strong skates. first time seeing tugba and i like her a lot--if her long is also choreographed by kurt all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    very happy for julie sebestyen and fumie suguri and their strong skates. first time seeing tugba and i like her a lot--if her long is also choreographed by kurt all the better.
    Saaaaame ^__^

Custom Title
    Well, first of all I liked a lot Fumie Suguri's program. Don't know why, probably she wasn't the best tonight, but besides Yuna she made a biggest impression on me.

Then I felt very sorry for Rachael Flatt. She did it good, but the fall just looked scary and it was not in a good moment, so I was really sorry for her.

Yuna was... Well, I better won't be talking about it, because I think a lot of people are tired of it. So it's just it. I'm not sure she had underrotated jump. But I can't say it for sure, because my stream quality was really bad, so maybe I didn't see it. But overall I think she was better than at TEB and her score is deserved. And about underrotation... well, we will check this out later, but, of course, everyone has errors sometimes. And Yuna too, of course.

R.D.
    Agreed. They see the need to defend their little princess but it's not necessary.
    Well, I'm not sure who are those people you are talking about, but as for me, if I'm one of those uber-fans, I don't really defend her, but sometimes there are some misinformation about her or some dubious statements and I just try to highlight all that when it's possible. As for this thread, I don't see anything against her (but, of course, I didn't read it all). Some of her fans actually said that she had underrotated jump too, but I didn't notice it.
    But well, I hope at least everyone likes her programs and her performance regarding of score and other things.

I feel really happy right now, because, I think, she really showed very good skating and I always have great emotions afterwards.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 11-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.

YuNa is a phenoneman. She's breaking her own records. Is there an adjective to describe her whole persona as well as her skating?

I have to say that I take back my remarks about Rachael's jazzy SP in China. She was marvelous in L.Placid. Her one mistake was that second jump in the combo where she landed on the back part of her blade which made her fall backwards. That's not an opinion. It's the Law of Physics. If the USFS does not send her to Vancouver, they will be making a huge mistake. I love Mirai and Caroline but realistically, it's Rachael.

Julia Sebestyen has come into being a very lovely skater with clean programs and that whole makeover of her being presents a lovely lady. How many Olys has she be in?

I'm sorry for her fans, but Emily had no redeeming features in that SP. It would have been better if she had gone to Sectionals before Nats. As of now, she should not be one of the chosen 2 to go to Vancouver.

All the other gals, particularly the Swedish gal, did well.

I don't see any change of results in the LP.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Without Mao around, Yu Na really is in a class of her own. Even though I'm tired of hearing commentators drool about her, what else can they do?
    It does get old. But yes, not much else they can do when no one else is even close..

some of us take the Sport seriously and don't worry about favorites, or trolls, and YuNa is simply the best this season, as well as Nobi. We will learn more about Evan in SC as well as Akiko.

Constructive criticisms beat out boorish criticisms. n'est pas?

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast