Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 372

Thread: Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

  1. #331
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Here is a funny story....the arena was relatively empty for most of the day. The ladies begin and all these Koreans enter the arena...Yu Na skates and they all leave. In fact, my mother went outside during the Zamboni break before the men's final and she said that they all left in chartered buses and there were a whole load of the buses! I feel so bad for her. The state police were actually there to escort her out of the building! The media is out of control. The camera clicking during her program was so friggin loud! In fact, at one of the practice sessions this guy was up in her face with a television camera while she was tying her skate. Many people have been commenting how they would not want to live like that!
    I know Korean media loves to blame Japanese skaters, etc. for interrupting Yuna's practice sessions, etc. but I think it's the Korean media that is the truly in the way of her happiness. I just can't believe how they just refuse to leave her alone.

    You know what's really sad though? For some reason, if Yuna does not win the OGM, they'll crucify her.

  2. #332
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    I think it's gotten more attention than necessary b/c some Korean rags decided to run a story on how Suguri interrupted Yuna right after SA SP. It's just getting ridiculous.

    It's just like another article they ran right before SA SP about how the WSJ ignored / dissed Queen Yuna by not having any figure skating articles featuring her. I'm sure the WSJ will be happy to run a front page article on her....when/if she becomes the CEO of Goldman Sachs.

    P.S. I'm not saying that Yuna implied that Suguri interrupted her or that she was upset that the WSJ didn't run an article on her. It was all implied / written by 3rd rate reporters who just want to stir up trouble. I've never seen Yuna imply or say anything negative about anyone during interviews. It's always the reporters who put some "controversial" spin on everything she does or says to rile people against JP skaters or something. It bothers me greatly b/c I don't like that at all and I feel like they're using her to sell more rags.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-15-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: remove disapproved quoted material

  3. #333
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I know Korean media loves to blame Japanese skaters, etc. for interrupting Yuna's practice sessions, etc. but I think it's the Korean media that is the truly in the way of her happiness. I just can't believe how they just refuse to leave her alone.

    You know what's really sad though? For some reason, if Yuna does not win the OGM, they'll crucify her.
    They can't leave her alone. They are doing their job. It is all because YuNs is in a status of Hollyood stars or Tiger Woods. Do US media leave them alone? Media is media. No big difference in US and Korea.

    No, you are wrong. YuNa failed to win Worlds in 2007 and 2008, and GPF 2009 in Korea, but no media criticized her. I think you have a stereotyped view of Koreans.

  4. #334
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    They can't leave her alone. They are doing their job. It is all because YuNs is in a status of Hollyood stars or Tiger Woods. Do US media leave them alone? Media is media. No big difference in US and Korea.

    No, you are wrong. YuNa failed to win Worlds in 2007 and 2008, and GPF 2009 in Korea, but no media criticized her. I think you have a stereotyped view of Koreans.
    Only b/c she said she was sick / injured.

    Have you seen what they did to a swimmer of theirs?

    I don't have a stereotyped view of Koreans. For your information, I did not criticize Koreans, but the MEDIA.

    I find the media overly intrusive, the way I find the JP media overly intrusive when it comes to Mao and other skaters.

  5. #335
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lloret de Mar, Spain
    Posts
    377
    sillylionlove
    I feel so bad for her. The state police were actually there to escort her out of the building! The media is out of control. The camera clicking during her program was so friggin loud! In fact, at one of the practice sessions this guy was up in her face with a television camera while she was tying her skate.
    Things like that happen a lot. But it was worse already, so I'm pretty sure that it won't affect her.

    silverlake22
    They get taller, the center of gravity changes, so even if they hardly gain any weight at all the jumps are still different. I mean I read the thread where people were talking about Yu Na's strict diet, but I mean if she has to go around hungry all day just so she can do 3-3 jump combinations isn't that saying something about the sport? She should just eat, she's already amazing
    We don't know for sure what's about her diet and if it's true, what's the reason behind it. She gained weight over time anyway as her height increased, so I don't think that it is related to jumps, although I agree that it affects them.

  6. #336
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Only b/c she said she was sick / injured.

    Have you seen what they did to a swimmer of theirs?

    I don't have a stereotyped view of Koreans. For your information, I did not criticize Koreans, but the MEDIA.

    I find the media overly intrusive, the way I find the JP media overly intrusive when it comes to Mao and other skaters.
    She wasn't injured at all at the last GPF when she was 2nd to Mao.

    The swimmer had several issues, and it was internet not media that heavily criticized him. Don't be confused.

    Yes, sometimes Korean media is overly intrusive, but you are exaggerating it. I can tell many cases where US media or European media were overly intrusive.

  7. #337
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Internet is not part of the media? Interesting.

  8. #338
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Internet is not part of the media? Interesting.
    I am talking about fan boards not internet news media.

  9. #339
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71
    Please don't bring the nationalism to this board. I'm already tired with all the anti-J/K videos on the Youtube searched with Yuna's name. It's even not sure if all Korean Yuna fans are overreacting to interruption during warm-ups. I saw a YT posters who keep uploading videos saying Yuna has been interrupted during warm-ups at SA, and they're subscribed to posters or have subscribers/friends who upload anti-Yuna, anti-Korean videos. I found it kinda funny. I'm even wondering if they're J/K haters from the 3rd country

    In my previous post, I said what happened during the SA rehearsal was just an accident, because i don't think that skater is doing it intentionally. That's just who she is. She just doesn't care at all about others. All my respect for skating great at the age of 28, but if I was a skater, I wouldn't be willing to practice with her on the same ice link.

    Anyway, I hope all skaters can skate perfect, injury-free. I just can't wait for LP performances of Elene, Yuna and Rachael this evening.

  10. #340
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    She wasn't injured at all at the last GPF when she was 2nd to Mao.

    The swimmer had several issues, and it was internet not media that heavily criticized him. Don't be confused.

    Yes, sometimes Korean media is overly intrusive, but you are exaggerating it. I can tell many cases where US media or European media were overly intrusive.
    She said she was SICK. (Note that in my post I said "sick / injured")

    Internet is part of the media.

    I'm not exaggerating it. How many US or European athletes had to leave their home countries because of the media intrusion? Yuna left in part b/c the media wouldn't let her practice in peace.

    P.S. I understand that Korea does not have a rink for figure skating, but given her talent and international competition results, they would've given her a rink if she'd insisted on it.

  11. #341
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    I do remember seeing Suguri bumping into another skater during warm-up at the National. It may just be that she's just extremely inattentive.

    At least she didn't bump into Mao. The JSF would've had a heart attack otherwise.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 11-15-2009 at 10:28 AM.

  12. #342
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I've heard reports from people who are not Yu-na ubers that Suguri was shadowing Yu-na in that practice.......
    I have learned it is best to ignore these people. I used to argue with them but they have an agenda and become very rude.

    They must not be skaters or they would know that everyone takes relatively the same path to do a jump so everyone is shadowing everyone. Also, close calls are somewhat common at freestyle. Theres a lot going on.

    One of these poeple kept putting vulgar, racist remarks on a youtube video I put up. They kept changing their you-tube ligon but I could tell it was the same person.

    Just ignore them and maybe they will go away.

  13. #343
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    Anyway, I hope all skaters can skate perfect, injury-free. I just can't wait for LP performances of Elene, Yuna and Rachael this evening.
    Same here!

    I hope Julia does better in LP. I know her previous GP was a big let down.

    P.S. Does anyone know why Rachael scored higher than Julia?

  14. #344
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8tr321 View Post
    I have learned it is best to ignore these people. I used to argue with them but they have an agenda and become very rude.

    They must not be skaters or they would know that everyone takes relatively the same path to do a jump so everyone is shadowing everyone. Also, close calls are somewhat common at freestyle. Theres a lot going on.

    One of these poeple kept putting vulgar, racist remarks on a youtube video I put up. They kept changing their you-tube ligon but I could tell it was the same person.

    Just ignore them and maybe they will go away.
    There are skaters who do shadow other skaters in practice as a form of gamesmanship. I think that a lot of the youtube videos are ridiculous....

  15. #345
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    There are skaters who do shadow other skaters in practice as a form of gamesmanship. I think that a lot of the youtube videos are ridiculous....
    The Youtube Video War started (or perhaps it was always there but intensified) b/c SBS reported that Yuna blamed JP skaters for interrupting her practice. The only problem was that Yuna NEVER said it. She just mentioned that sometimes it can be hard to practice b/c other skaters can be in the way and that at some competitions it's disruptive / too much, but she never named anyone or mentioned nationality, etc.

    Since SBS is a big media outlet in Korea, the JP media picked up the story, and a lot of JP fans, etc. became very upset. The JSF requested clarification from their counterpart in Korean Federation, and eventually the JSF told all their skaters to avoid doing anything that can cause misunderstanding overseas.

    SBS apologized to Yuna, but as far as I know, they never apologized to the JSF or the JP skaters.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 11-15-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •