Pairs LP, Saturday Nov. 14th 3:45 p.m EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP, Saturday Nov. 14th 3:45 p.m EST

skatingbc

Final Flight
I turned up the volume on my feed, and she keeps saying that she can't feel her foot or her leg or something. She said she didn't want to try the throw because she knew she was going to fall hard. It was sort of obvious that something was off with her though. She looked out of it during the whole program. Poor D/B!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
She keeps repeating that she can't feel anything. She also mentioned that their was an issue at the beginning of the program, so I don't know if she was sick/shouldn't have skated or what.

life684

Final Flight
I turned up the volume on my feed, and she keeps saying that she can't feel her foot or her leg or something. She said she didn't want to try the throw because she knew she was going to fall hard. It was sort of obvious that something was off with her though. She looked out of it during the whole program. Poor D/B!!

that was a nasty fall, hope she is ok

amateur

Final Flight
Yeah i think she was maybe nursing some kind of injury on that leg going in to the program?? i also heard her say she didn't even want to try that throw, that she knew that was going to happen, and I think she made some comment about even pushing off that foot to start the program causing some weird sensation (hence that odd stumble). This is what I think I heard, anyway. I hope she pulls through ok!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
D/B withdraw! So sad....:cry::eek:

Volosozhar/Morozov
3S + 2T seq - he stumbles on both jumps
(refresh...!!?)
3LoTh - nice
Li
(refresh again?)
PCoSp
SpSq
3Tw (didn't see/refresh)
3STh - nice
Li
FCoSp
Li
DSp

amateur

Final Flight
I hope D/B can come back strong at their next events - that LP has the makings of a really lovely program - love the music!

i love to skate

Medalist
V/M - A pretty good skate. I always find them to be an odd match. The best triple twist in the world though. Her split in the one hand overhead is also the best in the business, IMO.

gold12345

Medalist
V/M... Multiple mistakes on the sbs jumps, but two good throws and their usual great 3twist. M/B will probably just miss out of a medal here, unfortunately.

i love to skate

Medalist
S/Z - I don't get the hype over this progam. Touch down and almost fall on sbs double axel and on the throw triple loop. Why are the Chinese teams spins so bad?? S/Z's pair spin travelled about 4-6 feet! :unsure:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Shen/Zhao: Not clean, but it'll do the job. The best in this field in terms of audience projection and they really do have a great connection as a team, something we're not really seeing.

127.04/201.40, 1st/1st

amateur

Final Flight
Shen & Zhao, BEAUTIFUL :love: :love:

several flaws, but I barely care. The choreography of this program is really beautiful. The opening half especially - stunning. Love the musicality they have developped. I'm going to have to rewatch S/S's Free Skate from last Worlds to see whether I think this has just surpassed that one as the (far and away) best Pairs program in at least 4-5 years. Nothing else out there comes close.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Love, love Shen and Zhao... mistakes, overscore... I don't care.
Everyone has the right to an off day (could it be because they had to skate earlier than antecipated?). Better here than at the olympics.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Not perfect, but wonderful, and wonderful is better than perfect. Welcome back, Shen and Zhao! :love:

i love to skate

Medalist
Love, love Shen and Zhao... mistakes, overscore... I don't care.
Everyone has the right to an off day (could it be because they had to skate earlier than antecipated?). Better here than at the olympics.

They didn't have to skate earlier. V/M skated around during the time D/B would have been performing. Everything was still on track.

They were overscored though.