Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP, Saturday Nov. 14th 3:45 p.m EST

Custom Title
    CBC article on D/B's Withdraw. Mostly confirming what others have typed, but it's always good to have quotes from them directly.

Custom Title
    Three nines, two of them in P/E? Really? I love Shen/Zhao and if they deserve to win at the Olympics, I'll be glad for them, but that's too much.

Custom Title
    Thanks Shen/Zhao bring back what Pairs really need to show........

The jet lag affected them a bit...but thats ok......im sure they will be better and better

Custom Title
    Hongbo was sick, stomach problem and vomit, and he slept only 3 hours last night. That was why there was a little bit of energy problem. But he managed to have gone through the program. Still very good for the night but not as good as they've trained.

Custom Title
    Shen and Zhao are amazing! Welcome back! Now let's go for the Olympic gold!

Custom Title
    Shen and Zhao didn't have a perfect program but they definitely can't be described as having "little speed."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    Shen and Zhao didn't have a perfect program but they definitely can't be described as having "little speed."
    mate, just ignore those people who are unhappy to accept the fact or need a pair of glasses.

no matter how good Shen & Zhao perform, those people seem have similar words "little speed" "rusty" "overrated" blah blah...whatever....can they be a bit innovative?,

Shen Zhao are great! at least most people love them,,

Quote Originally Posted by yqs100 View Post
    mate, just ignore those people who are unhappy to accept the fact or need a pair of glasses.

no matter how good Shen & Zhao perform, those people seem have similar words "little speed" "rusty" "overrated" blah blah...whatever....can they be a bit innovative?,

Shen Zhao are great! at least most people love them,,
    Ummm, it's called being objective. Just because people have criticisms about their program and performance doesn't mean they don't think S/Z are a great pair. I prefer to look at skating this way and not through rose coloured glasses...

Medalist
    Erm, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that he/she is any less "objective". We're basically all just sharing our personal opinions here.

IMO you can't really draw all that many conclusions from the scoring in these GP events. The right people won and the judges are generous with all the clear winners. We will see if any of the griping about overscoring is justified when all the top pairs meet. P/T had good scores as well. And the judges IMO often helped the inconsistent S/S out because they saw them as the top pair...so it's not like S/Z are the only ones who are getting the benefit of the doubt.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Here is what happened with Duhamel and Buntin...during the 6 minutue warm up they were practing a throw...I think...anyway she popped it and landed really weird on her ankle and then proceeded to skate around the rink on one leg while shaking out her right leg. When then went over to her coach and it appeared that she tweaked her ankle. They had a discussion and then they went backstage as the warm up was over. When the started skating it was evident that she was favoring that ankle and leg and they were totally off from the beginning...so the throw that she fell on and hit her head on the ice was the same one that she tweaked her ankle on during practice. So I think that it was the injury to the ankle as when she was over at the judges...she talked about her ankle and then said that she hit her head now too. Thanks to the camera guy for getting that close up so I could read her lips!!
    Oh...I saw this all live in case you guys were wondering. It's a shame to as they were having great practices!!
    Last edited by sillylionlove; 11-15-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I was hoping they would medal! I love the way their lifts go up so fast, and yet Craig can actually land his jumps. Very impressive. I like them better than D&D.

I'm so sad they had to withdraw.

Rinkside
    S/Z: not perfect, but great. Comparing to some world champion who
    barely have ONE clean lp, they deserve the score 127 according to what they delivered yesterday.
    Can't wait to see them in the Olympics 3 months later.
    They are truely a legend in this field.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Here is what happened with Duhamel and Buntin...during the 6 minutue warm up they were practing a throw...I think...anyway she popped it and landed really weird on her ankle and then proceeded to skate around the rink on one leg while shaking out her right leg. When then went over to her coach and it appeared that she tweaked her ankle. They had a discussion and then they went backstage as the warm up was over. When the started skating it was evident that she was favoring that ankle and leg and they were totally off from the beginning...so the throw that she fell on and hit her head on the ice was the same one that she tweaked her ankle on during practice. So I think that it was the injury to the ankle as when she was over at the judges...she talked about her ankle and then said that she hit her head now too. Thanks to the camera guy for getting that close up so I could read her lips!!
    Oh...I saw this all live in case you guys were wondering. It's a shame to as they were having great practices!!
    hope Duhamel can recover soon, I like their performance,, very powerful

What a shame about the Canadians. I hope they can recover and skate well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by katha View Post
    Erm, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that he/she is any less "objective". We're basically all just sharing our personal opinions here.
    Did you actually read the post I quoted? I was referring to the parts where it said that no matter how S/Z skate those that criticize all use the same words such as little speed, rusty, etc. We also apparently need some "glasses" and are unhappy they are doing well. That's what I was referring to.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast