Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutai arrested for car theft

Lutai arrested for car theft

Link

Since this is not a rumour any more, I think I can post it.

Wow. That is just an amazing level of stupidity. Why would anyone do such a thing?

I guess Sergei Voronov's ticket to Vancouver has just been confirmed, if it wasn't already. And this will probably be the end of Lutai's skating career.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Between driving drunk and stealing a car, he will likely spend some time in jail, I would think...fortunately there was no accident or high speed police chase involved.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Wow. That is just an amazing level of stupidity. Why would anyone do such a thing?

I guess Sergei Voronov's ticket to Vancouver has just been confirmed, if it wasn't already. And this will probably be the end of Lutai's skating career.
    Well maybe he didnt mean to steal steal? Maybe he was just utterly pissed and decided to be stupid for fun? Cos otherwise this is utterly beyond me how an amateur athlete can be this daft!

Custom Title
    Wow, that is reckless and he surely has thrown his skating career away. So disappointed to hear what happened.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    thats why he was wearing the gloves ?

how stupid is what he did...god..no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Well maybe he didnt mean to steal steal? Maybe he was just utterly pissed and decided to be stupid for fun?
    I don't think he would have done it if he weren't drunk. I mean, how was he planning to bring the stolen car back to Russia, in his back-pocket?

I haven't known this guy even though he is not too young. Perhaps I have gotten outdated after taking some break from watching FS. Nonetheless, I wish him good luck in getting over this.

Andrei, Andrei, What happened? I'd love to hear your side of the story. I can't imagine losing in SA would drive one to drink, but maybe Mischin could. Good luck to Andrei, when he was on, he was first rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Andrei, Andrei, What happened? I'd love to hear your side of the story. I can't imagine losing in SA would drive one to drink, but maybe Mischin could. Good luck to Andrei, when he was on, he was first rate.
    I hope they make him sit in jail for a few days so he can sober up and think about this.

But I also hope they will give him a suspended sentence, a fine (which in reality he won't have to pay) and put him on a plane to Moscow. He will have enough troubles when he gets home so I see no need to punish him twice.

Sorry to hear such news but naturally relieved no one was hurt and no property damaged.

His lawyer can plead him out on DUI charges and get the grand larceny charges (is a Chevy Impala really so "grand"?) reduced as part of a quick plea.
    Last edited by janetfan; 11-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Here is my very creepy response to this story...

Sunday morning after my mom and I went to the USFSA figure skating breakfast, I decided that I wanted to go down to the speed skating rink and take some pics (after all Eric Heiden won 5 gold medals there). There is a building on the edge of the rink next to the road. Anyway, who is sitting behind this building but Andrei Lutai. He is stilling on a duffle bag texting away on his phone. I looked at my mom and was like "he must be hiding from Mishin since he skated poorly.: Really he was all by himself and it was like 11 am. I was thinking why would be just be sitting there all alone, in that particular spot! It was wierd. Anyway, we kept walking and then he looked up at my mother and me and smiled so me being my stalker self, I was like oooohhhh he's in street clothes...let's go take a picture of him. So we went over and he was really nice and I think he was trying to talk to us but I don't know a single word of Russian. So we said thank you and left. He went back to texting on his phone.

Sunday night we were back in our hotel in the Econolodge and I was like, I wonder why all those police are out there? I was going to go outside and see what the deal was but I was already in my pajamas!

So yeah kind of creeped out!! It's a shame because he missed the first two practices because his stuff was lost and then them let him practice for about 15 minutes alone on the ice before the compulsary dance and I thought he didn't do that bad considering. Now, I would post what is probably the last picture of him before he went to jail but I have no idea how to insert a picture from my computer!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Sorry, but why on earth did he do something so stupid and reckless? He must have been piss drunk and out of his mind. It's such a waste of talent and life.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Awful news.
    He needs a good lawyer. Hope he gets one.

Rinkside
    This is horrible! The charges are really serious. I'm so sorry for him. Hopefully this incident doesn't haunt him for the rest of his life.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Awful news.
    He needs a good lawyer. Hope he gets one.
    The Russian consulate called the attorney who is representing a Russian boxer on a drug charge! But I think he kiss his figure skating career goodbye! I am pretty sure mishin and piseev are done with him! And who knows what the isu will do. The Russian team left and they left him sitting in jail! What a waste of talent!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast