Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 182

Thread: Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

  1. #1
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,653

    Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

    1 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 1
    Music: Moanin' by Art Blakey; Drum Thunder Suite by Art Blakey
    2 Shawn SAWYER CAN 1
    Music: Assassin's Tango by John Powell
    3 Jialiang WU CHN 2
    Music: All Alone by Joe Satriani
    4 Tomas VERNER CZE 3
    Music: Zorba the Greek
    5 Florent AMODIO FRA 4
    Munich (soundtrack) by John Williams; Papa Can You Hear Me? (soundtrack) by John Williams
    6 Yasuharu NANRI JPN 5
    Music: Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso by Camille St.-Saens
    7 Andrei LUTAI RUS 6
    Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
    8 Igor MACYPURA SVK 7
    Music: Blues for Klook
    9 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 8
    Music: My Way by David Mnatsakanyan; Christmas Fantasy by David Mnatsakanyan
    10 Ryan BRADLEY USA 9
    Music: Dark Eyes performed by Nika Leoni and Sergei Trofanov
    11 Evan LYSACEK USA 9
    Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski
    12 Brandon MROZ USA 9
    Music: Temptation by Freed and Brown

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,653

    Start Order now posted

    Warm-Up Group 1

    1 Igor MACYPURA SVK

    2 Andrei LUTAI RUS

    3 Jialiang WU CHN

    4 Ryan BRADLEY USA

    5 Shawn SAWYER CAN

    6 Yasuharu NANRI JPN

    Warm-Up Group 2

    7 Florent AMODIO FRA

    8 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE

    9 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN

    10 Brandon MROZ USA

    11 Evan LYSACEK USA

    12 Tomas VERNER CZE

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    This is great! Now I can amaze my friends by saying, in real time, "I think Macypura should get a plus 1 on that triple flip -triple toe combo that he just did." Then when they say, "how do you know it was a triple flip?" I can say, "Oh, this is just one of the many things that I happen to know!"

    By the way, Macypura's thrid element should be a solo triple Lutz out of footwork, right?

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    This is great! Now I can amaze my friends by saying, in real time, "I think Macypura should get a plus 1 on that triple flip -triple toe combo that he just did." Then when they say, "how do you know it was a triple flip?" I can say, "Oh, this is just one of the many things that I happen to know!"

    By the way, Macypura's thrid element should be a solo triple Lutz out of footwork, right?
    whops, yes. better fix that!

  6. #6
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    is there a case that they may ask you first place "who is Macypura'?
    cause thats what i was gonna ask anyway...:o

  7. #7
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    is there a case that they may ask you first place "who is Macypura'?
    Then you say, well, you may not have heard of Macypura yet, but just wait until the Olympics, his name will be on everyone's lips, "Who is this Macypura who just won the Olympic silver medal, behind Plushenko? Where can I sign up for the Macypura fan club?"

  8. #8
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Thank you so much, GS Rossano!!! Such a help for this non-skater and slow fan.

  9. #9
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Then you say, well, you may not have heard of Macypura yet, but just wait until the Olympics, his name will be on everyone's lips, "Who is this Macypura who just won the Olympic silver medal, behind Plushenko? Where can I sign up for the Macypura fan club?"

    what can i say, you win everytime!!!

    He really might be the guy I was telling from lower rank that will have the skate of his life and beat all in Olys!!! But now I m curious and I will watch him! Well he skates first, he might be the only I ll manage to watch awake anyway!

    And we should open a Macypura thread (how he is pronounced?)

  10. #10
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,426
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    He really might be the guy I was telling from lower rank that will have the skate of his life and beat all in Olys!!! But now I m curious and I will watch him! Well he skates first, he might be the only I ll manage to watch awake anyway!

    And we should open a Macypura thread (how he is pronounced?)
    Just add him to the Plushenko thread - remember during CoR when Plushenko was going on about his Skate America invite? And then it turned out that there was no empty slot because even though Takahito Mura was out, that slot had been filled with... Igor Macypura!

  11. #11
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    that slot had been filled with... Igor Macypura!

    he just lost a potential huge future fan:sheesh:

  12. #12
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    But that wasn't Igor's fault. The USFSA didn't want Pklushenko to come in and derail the Lysacek train.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    938
    I am worried for Andrei, because I read in the practices thread that his skates had not arrived on time, and his SP is ambitious. According to the list, several of the men plan to include a 4-3 in their SP, which brings to mind a question for me: why is Lysacek not including a quad in his SP? It makes me wonder.

  14. #14
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    ^^^
    Well, it's nice to hear he is around. An earlier post had him Missing-In-Action. Thanks for letting me know his skates have arrived. He probably will not be at his best, but at least, he'll try. Andrei is my fave Russian skater. Dying to see What Dickson has done fo him.

  15. #15
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    But that wasn't Igor's fault.
    I was joking of course Never attack a skater especially if he is to get the silver at Olys

    R. Federation seems not to think high of Lutai this season, I hope he skates very good here and at nationals so they change their mind and consider him for Olympic team!
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-13-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •