Music: Moanin' by Art Blakey; Drum Thunder Suite by Art Blakey
2 Shawn SAWYER CAN 1
Music: Assassin's Tango by John Powell
3 Jialiang WU CHN 2
Music: All Alone by Joe Satriani
4 Tomas VERNER CZE 3
Music: Zorba the Greek
5 Florent AMODIO FRA 4
Munich (soundtrack) by John Williams; Papa Can You Hear Me? (soundtrack) by John Williams
6 Yasuharu NANRI JPN 5
Music: Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso by Camille St.-Saens
7 Andrei LUTAI RUS 6
Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
8 Igor MACYPURA SVK 7
Music: Blues for Klook
9 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 8
Music: My Way by David Mnatsakanyan; Christmas Fantasy by David Mnatsakanyan
10 Ryan BRADLEY USA 9
Music: Dark Eyes performed by Nika Leoni and Sergei Trofanov
11 Evan LYSACEK USA 9
Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski
12 Brandon MROZ USA 9
Music: Temptation by Freed and Brown

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Start Order now posted

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Igor MACYPURA SVK

2 Andrei LUTAI RUS

3 Jialiang WU CHN

4 Ryan BRADLEY USA

5 Shawn SAWYER CAN

6 Yasuharu NANRI JPN

Warm-Up Group 2

7 Florent AMODIO FRA

8 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE

9 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN

10 Brandon MROZ USA

11 Evan LYSACEK USA

12 Tomas VERNER CZE

This is great! Now I can amaze my friends by saying, in real time, "I think Macypura should get a plus 1 on that triple flip -triple toe combo that he just did." Then when they say, "how do you know it was a triple flip?" I can say, "Oh, this is just one of the many things that I happen to know!"

By the way, Macypura's thrid element should be a solo triple Lutz out of footwork, right?

gsrossano

Final Flight
This is great! Now I can amaze my friends by saying, in real time, "I think Macypura should get a plus 1 on that triple flip -triple toe combo that he just did." Then when they say, "how do you know it was a triple flip?" I can say, "Oh, this is just one of the many things that I happen to know!"

By the way, Macypura's thrid element should be a solo triple Lutz out of footwork, right?

whops, yes. better fix that!

seniorita

Record Breaker
is there a case that they may ask you first place "who is Macypura'?
cause thats what i was gonna ask anyway...:eek:

is there a case that they may ask you first place "who is Macypura'?

Then you say, well, you may not have heard of Macypura yet, but just wait until the Olympics, his name will be on everyone's lips, "Who is this Macypura who just won the Olympic silver medal, behind Plushenko? Where can I sign up for the Macypura fan club?"

seniorita

Record Breaker
Then you say, well, you may not have heard of Macypura yet, but just wait until the Olympics, his name will be on everyone's lips, "Who is this Macypura who just won the Olympic silver medal, behind Plushenko? Where can I sign up for the Macypura fan club?"
:rofl:
what can i say, you win everytime!!! :laugh:

He really might be the guy I was telling from lower rank that will have the skate of his life and beat all in Olys!!! But now I m curious and I will watch him! Well he skates first, he might be the only I ll manage to watch awake anyway!;)

And we should open a Macypura thread :biggrin: (how he is pronounced?)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
He really might be the guy I was telling from lower rank that will have the skate of his life and beat all in Olys!!! But now I m curious and I will watch him! Well he skates first, he might be the only I ll manage to watch awake anyway!;)

And we should open a Macypura thread :biggrin: (how he is pronounced?)
Just add him to the Plushenko thread - remember during CoR when Plushenko was going on about his Skate America invite? And then it turned out that there was no empty slot because even though Takahito Mura was out, that slot had been filled with... Igor Macypura! :biggrin:

But that wasn't Igor's fault. The USFSA didn't want Pklushenko to come in and derail the Lysacek train.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am worried for Andrei, because I read in the practices thread that his skates had not arrived on time, and his SP is ambitious. According to the list, several of the men plan to include a 4-3 in their SP, which brings to mind a question for me: why is Lysacek not including a quad in his SP? It makes me wonder.

^^^
Well, it's nice to hear he is around. An earlier post had him Missing-In-Action. Thanks for letting me know his skates have arrived. He probably will not be at his best, but at least, he'll try. Andrei is my fave Russian skater. Dying to see What Dickson has done fo him.

seniorita

Record Breaker
But that wasn't Igor's fault.

I was joking of course:) Never attack a skater :yes:especially if he is to get the silver at Olys;)

R. Federation seems not to think high of Lutai this season:no:, I hope he skates very good here and at nationals so they change their mind and consider him for Olympic team!

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
why is Lysacek not including a quad in his SP? It makes me wonder.
Maybe because he doesn't need one yet? It's very possible he can win here if he just skates clean. Unless Tomas Verner is really on in both SP and LP (which doesn't happen too often).

janetfan

Match Penalty
Maybe because he doesn't need one yet? It's very possible he can win here if he just skates clean. Unless Tomas Verner is really on in both SP and LP (which doesn't happen too often).

The article about Evan today said Carroll is holding it out for now until he is sure Evan's last injury is completetly healed. The article said Evan may show the quad at Natls.

Who knows if you can believe some of these articles though.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
The article about Evan today said Carroll is holding it out for now until he is sure Evan's last injury is completetly healed. The article said Evan may show the quad at Natls.

Who knows if you can believe some of these articles though.

Oh, like that? I'm not sure I remember what Evan's last injury was, and when it happened. I take it Evan's isn't completely healed yet then.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Oh, like that? I'm not sure I remember what Evan's last injury was, and when it happened. I take it Evan's isn't completely healed yet then.

He had a stress fracture right before worlds thus he couldn't use the quad in LA. He had it on his picking leg for the quad toe.