Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

^^ I really enjoy reading your posts. You make a lot of sense and your humor just cracks me up.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    No but the only place you dont refer about Plushenko' flaws is the Testing Area!

I think reputation marks comments are in threads of every grand prix event so far and not only in Skate America. So nobody did it selectively here, specifically for Evan. Carol said there are conspiracies in judging also for Weir, or just Evan?

It is better to say what Joe says and get over with it!
    to be honest, I must admit I have deep schodnfreud(sp) for Plushenko. I would not object to see Florent beat him.
    And yet I laughed with this Cause do you know there is a famous abbreviation in another forum that sums up this ?
    ABOP (All but o' plushenko)

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    No but the only place you dont refer about Plushenko' flaws is the Testing Area!

:
    OK, if it will make you happy I will post about Plushy at the "Testing Area."
    But then you will owe me a favor

And let' s move on from Plushy since this is the SA thread and he is not competing here.

But it is too bad Plush was chicken to accept the invitation to SA

It would have been nice to see such a "battle of flapping arms"

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought Lysacek was way better than Amodio yesterday. True, Amodio was deep into the soulful artsiness of it all. But Lysacek gave a great performance. I thought he deserved his high scores in choreography, interpretation and especially performance/execution.

On the Universal sports coverage Evan was asked wheter he was "surprised" that his triple Axel was downgraded. He said that he was, a little, but that he knew he had left a "grey area" that would be open to judges' interpretation. It's "on the skater" to clean up those grey areas so that you don't put your fate in the hands of the judges.

I thought that was a good (if politically correct and perhaps a tad disingenuous) answer.
    Evan axel even looked underotated in real time; He kills me with this; Miki Ando for example always admits to her underotations but Evan it is either the camera angle or the grey area; I wish he would man up about this and his flip(lip).Is it some kind of mind game; If i dont confess the tech panel will overlook it; I was almost becoming a fan of his but really;come on My favorite comment is "to clean up your grey areas so that you don't put your fate in the hand of the judges" Is he talking about levels or jumps?

how is it not "manning up" it IS a grey area... all of a sudden their dinging him for it... it's always been wonky and he knows it as the entire world knows it... I doubt in the next four months or so he'll get a different entry into the axel (aka a correct one) so he might as well shrug it off... he knows when he throws the 3A in it's going to get hit, there's really nothing he can do at this point and stay consistent with the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    And let' s move on from Plushy since this is the SA thread and he is not competing here.
    yes that was my point before.

Oh, Tomas condition looks worse in daylight, he looks pale in sp and he is coughing, i hope he is better today..

His coach said he is sick http://twitter.com/LynnRutherford

Cant wait to see him skate well and I m also looking forward to amodio's cirque du soleil program again, i love it
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-14-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Back to Evan as headless burned chicken (Friebird?), at least some of his music actually portrays the evil king Kastchei. I think I heard F. Carroll tell Evan, "This is a really good character for you." Maybe it was the villain he meant? Maybe he's not even trying to be a bird (a feather here or there notwithstanding). It's really not a very avian performance.

Anyway, I will never ever be a fan of this guy, but I had to admit he skated extremely well. I'd be very happy if the charismatic Florent could pull off a win, though.

What was with all the black gloves last night?

What I like about Lysacek is that he always gives it his all.

He is not the most talented athlete in the game and he does not have natural grace. But he squeezes every ounce of effort and showmanship out of himself every time out. His performances just keep building and hold my attention throughout. Other competitors often start to fade after the halfway mark. I find myself lookin at my watch at the three minute mark -- gee, it seems like he has been out there a long time.

Now if Evan would just wear costumes with a little fuller cut, so he didn't look like he was six feet tall and weighed 97 pounds...
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-14-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Now if Evan would just wear costumes with a little fuller cut, so he didn't look like he was six feet tall and weighed 97 pounds...
    If he did that I might be able to be a fan! But he has invested his whole identity in this "Man in Black" thing that makes him look like a scarecrow.

I agree with everything you say, and so I respect him without being able to love his skating. I'm working on it... at least now I can watch him without yelling. I guess for me it still comes down to whether Johnny is in the competition... sorry!

I must have been a zombie yesterday but I just realized cutie Macypura is coached my Kwan's sister?
    Ha, now i got the love

My bringing up the word Schodenfreud (someday I will learn how to spell it.) was the way some posters speak about their less than admired sportsmen, and even their happiness when a particular country seems to be losing ground. The latter was quite evident when the USA did not come up to standards in the Junior GPs and so many posters were happy about that.

The anyone but .... or Schodenfreud(sp) exists. That can not be denied.

Evan, from my observation, is not a popular skater, but he has been winning in LA and Japan with a silver in Paris. One has to see the competitive about him if not the entertainer. Maybe he will have a meltdown in the LP. Some posters will be very happy about this and complain that he should have gotten 12th instead of 8th. And the beat goes on......

Not worth it.

What I like about Lysacek is that he always gives it his all.

He is not the most talented athlete in the game and he does not have natural grace. But he squeezes every ounce of effort and showmanship out of himself every time out. His performances just keep building and hold my attention throughout. Other competitors often start to fade after the halfway mark. I find myself lookin at my watch at the three minute mark -- gee, it seems like he has been out there a long time.

couldn't have said it better myself (and I agree his costuming really accentuates his stick figure)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Takahashi at NHK (this will not endear me to seniorita or Hsuhs... ).
    Well, at least my favoritism isn't based on nationality. If I was a true patriot, I'd go for Evgeni. And how convenient that would be. The guy always wins everything, always lands his jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Evan, from my observation, is not a popular skater, but he has been winning in LA and Japan with a silver in Paris. One has to see the competitive about him if not the entertainer.
    I think that can be said on the general figure skating boards, but unless things have changed drastically since 2008 Nationals Evan seems pretty popular with teh people in the stands... he's, somewhat unfortunately, one of those skaters that needs to be seen LIVE to really understand why the crowd gets into the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Well, at least my favoritism isn't based on nationality. If I was a true patriot, I'd go for Evgeni. And how convenient that would be. The guy always wins everything, always lands his jumps.
    Well said! what about my faves: Switzerland,Czech Rep, I have to worry about one winning over the other. Not easy to do.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast