Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Well said! what about my faves: Switzerland,Czech Rep, I have to worry about one winning over the other. Not easy to do.
    Especially since the skater from Switzerland has made some stinging remarks about CoP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but which Czech do you mean - Brezina?
    Perhaps he needs a bit more schooling as I don't see him quite ready to challenge for the podium in Vancouver.

But for 2014 - yea baby

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Well, at least my favoritism isn't based on nationality. If I was a true patriot, I'd go for Evgeni. And how convenient that would be. The guy always wins everything, always lands his jumps.
    True patriot, lol! Funny expression! At least you have the option To go or Not to go (with nationality) so you are the lucky ones!
    Cause If i had to go with nationality option to have a favorite skater... I even wouldnt have known figure skating exists!
    Except for the Themistocles

Well, at least my favoritism isn't based on nationality. If I was a true patriot, I'd go for Evgeni. And how convenient that would be. The guy always wins everything, always lands his jumps.
    Takahashi has actually won me over since leaving Morozov. I like his attitude and love his SP. I hope to see him skate well in Vancouver. Not too well, mind - but he can have my imaginary bronze .

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    What I like about Lysacek is that he always gives it his all.

He is not the most talented athlete in the game and he does not have natural grace. But he squeezes every ounce of effort and showmanship out of himself every time out. His performances just keep building and hold my attention throughout. Other competitors often start to fade after the halfway mark. I find myself lookin at my watch at the three minute mark -- gee, it seems like he has been out there a long time.

Now if Evan would just wear costumes with a little fuller cut, so he didn't look like he was six feet tall and weighed 97 pounds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Evan, from my observation, is not a popular skater, but he has been winning in LA and Japan with a silver in Paris. One has to see the competitive about him if not the entertainer.
    I was genuinely happy for Evan when he won Worlds. He deserved it and like MM noted, he makes the most of the talent he has. What I do resent is the way he's being marketed for this season as though he's the most talented, hardest working person to ever set skates on the ice. He never makes mistakes, the judges just don't recognize how great he is . And I do think that he's been overmarked on PCS for a while now. He's not the only one, but he's skating this weekend, so I'm hardly going to complain about the judges holding up Stephane Lambiel.

That's all I can manage. Cut my finger and typing seems very hard right now.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    True patriot, lol! Funny expression! At least you have the option To go or Not to go (with nationality) so you are the lucky ones!
    Cause If i had to go with nationality option to have a favorite skater... I even wouldnt have known figure skating exists!
    Except for the Themistocles
    Yes, a true one. What's so funny about that? A true patriot is, IMO, a person who tends to think flapping arms deserve highest PCS there is, because it's good for the country.

Themistocles and his partner.... didn't they retire last year?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Yes, a true one. What's so funny about that? A true patriot is, IMO, a person who tends to think flapping arms deserve highest PCS there is, because it's good for the country.
    ??
    I m sorry , you misunderstood my comment...I didnt even say all that. I never heard the true patriot as an expression before and i found it funny as I translated in my mind in greek..thats all. How you got upset with that will remain a mystery to me.

Themistocles and his partner....
    Naomi Nari Nam.

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/200...8/yi8yLU8L.jpg

A decade ago, when she burst onto the scene as a thirteen-year-old in a Kristi Yamaguchi Christmas special, she not only won the cutie-patootie award, they had to retire the trophy.

At her first U.S. Nationals (in singles) she gave Michelle Kwan a scare by winning the short program. Then in the long, she fell on her head and knocked herself out, but was able to gether her wits enough to continue with the program.

She was supposed to be Miss Next, but hip injuries did her in.

not sure if we're talking Plushy and Russia or Evan and the USA... but I don't equate skaters and their success or failure as having much of anything to do with a country as a whole... good bad or otherwise... just another member of a sports team (in Evan's case it's Team USA... Plush is a member of Team Russia)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ??
    I m sorry , you misunderstood my comment...I didnt even say all that. I never heard the true patriot as an expression before and i found it funny as I translated in my mind in greek..thats all. How you got upset with that will remain a mystery to me.
    I didn't. That was me being humorous and funny. Or at least, trying to. But of course I failed as usual. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Especially since the skater from Switzerland has made some stinging remarks about CoP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but which Czech do you mean - Brezina?
    Perhaps he needs a bit more schooling as I don't see him quite ready to challenge for the podium in Vancouver.

But for 2014 - yea baby
    My favorites have to have: 1. Great Flow. 2. Big Tricks. 3. More Transitions than crossovers. 4. Constantly moving to the beat of the music.

They do not need glitzy costumes.

Custom Title
    My heart was broken for Tomas, poor boy, what's going on? He looked so sick, must be a really tough day for him! Hope he'll have a great comeback tonight. Go Tomas!

Meanwhile, I'm very happy for Evan, this program is growing nicely, inspite of the UR 3A, I think he did better than Cup of China and the lead is very well deserved.

I watched him live several times, 07 Nationals, 08 Skate America and SOI, I'm really impressed. I don't think skater's popularity on certain figure skating forum is representitive to the general public's preference at all, at least for Evan's case, he's definitely the crowd's favorite in the arena, he brought the house down! One thing I really appreciate is that he always gives it everything and always skates with full commitment, energy and passion, he really stands out in those aspects.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    I found a clip of Evan's jr world long on youtube and it just blew me away; I think he should go back to color;
    Last edited by enlight78; 11-14-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    I finally made it onto this site! I'll make the best of it.

Little late for this but I'm so happy that Shawn Sawyer won his first GP medal. I just love watching this guy skate his heart out!

Can someone tell me where I can upload his fabulous SA exhibition?

Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    I finally made it onto this site! I'll make the best of it.
    Welcome! Post often, post long! (Sorry for the confusion.)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    oakl008

To upload, you can always use youtube. If you want to limit distribution and keep the quality of the clip high, I recommend http://www.mediafire.com

If what you mean is download, Shawn's EX can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lzjhzktdymz

The file is a .avi file. If you can't play it, send me a PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi Doris. Yes, I meant download lol. I really should edit more often. I sent you a PM .

Mathman, thank you for the welcome. My computer signs into multiple networks and different IP adresses every time, and some are apparently not allowed onto this site. It's wierd because I never posted anything on this forum before now. If it continues to happen (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), I will try to call my IP and figure it out.

Anyway, I like this site.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast