Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

Custom Title
    Well, guys. Those of you who wanted her to perform worse than usually (for very different reasons), should be glad, because she did more than you wanted, she has 187 point instead of 190 as some posters wanted.

What's happened is very normal, I guess, because all the pressure that media put to her ("already won Olympics, the season is over") definitely couldn't help her. And now we discover incredible thing - "she is a human too". That's just funny. She is human and always was.

Today's performance, I hope, will prevent some journalists of making stupid remarks, because as we all know, the competition is not over until the last skater skated. And who knows?

Ironically, before her performance Brian was directly asked if Yuna can be beaten and after thinking about it, he said, that no, she's unbeatable. Ironically, Rachael Flatt (who did very, very good LP) won over Yuna exactly after this question. Because as we all know, and Yuna knows, and Brian, Yuna is not unbeatable. They never said things like that (unlike Tarasova, but that's another question), but when a journalist asks that question so rude, you feel like you will betray your skater if you say that she is beatable, so he answered another thing.

But anyway, even thought this performance wasn't the best, that changes nothing. Yuna Kim is the best skater and nothing can take away from her things that she'd done in the past.

So I hope that you enjoyed her struggling, but heroic performance and that little Korean skater will have her place in your heart. Please, be kind to her.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 11-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Flatt was not exactly that good. Even in her 'clean' lp, she's very sloooow, her spins were atrocious, and steps were just blahh.
    so So true.

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Uneven ice? Huh?
    Yes, did you ever hear her explain why she kicked up her foot, raised her arms, and all but prepared for the 3flip and never executed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    True, but this time out Kim skated like a scared puppy thrown onto the ice. The program components are supposed to be about the overall effect of the program taken as a whole. Did you honestly see anything in this performance that deserved 7.50s and 7.75s in choreography, interpretation and performance?
    Definitely. All her jumps today, even the landed ones, seemed hesitant, no flow, no height. She looked scared and incredibly nervous.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    The NBC commentator commented her shoulder position was not quite right during take-off. She's having trouble with 3flip, period. It remains to be seen whether it will get worse.
    I agree she's having trouble with the flip, it just remains to be seen whether it is a technical issue (which you believe it is) and a mental issue (which is my stance). We will have to wait and see how she deals with it later on in the season, no matter which one it actually is.

Anyways, I don't think i've said it. Good job to both Rachel and Julia!!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel5555 View Post
    Well, guys. Those of you who wanted her to perform worse than usually (for very different reasons), should be glad, because she did more than you wanted, she has 187 point instead of 190 as some posters wanted.
    You must understand that I didn't WANT her to bomb. But at the same time, the fact that she did have a sub-par FS shows that she is not invincible, and thus things just got a little more interesting...

The two statements I made above may sound like they contradict each other, but it's more like one was a result of the other.

Custom Title
    Mathman
    True, but this time out Kim skated like a scared puppy thrown onto the ice.
    After she makes a mistake, she starts to be nervous. I remember 4CC of the last season, one fall, but she was a bit tense until the end. And this time she made some unusual error, so It's normal that she was a bit scared.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 11-15-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Yes, did you ever hear her explain why she kicked up her foot, raised her arms, and all but prepared for the 3flip and never executed it?
    Nope that's the first I've heard of this explanation. That's quite an odd excuse. Did other skaters have issues with this as well? I've never heard of uneven ice before...

Custom Title
    R.D.
    You must understand that I didn't WANT her to bomb. But at the same time, the fact that she did have a sub-par FS shows that she is not invincible, and thus things just got a little more interesting...

The two statements I made above may sound like they contradict each other, but it's more like one was a result of the other.
    Hey, I didn't address it to you Or anyone specific...
    And she didn't bomb really, otherwise she wouldn't win by overall score.

I know that you care more about interest of the competition. But it's really like that, you never know anything for sure and the more someone wins, the more pressure he has. Usually.

Rinkside

I thought she said she felt something on the ice, rather than the ice being uneven.

Nope that's the first I've heard of this explanation. That's quite an odd excuse. Did other skaters have issues with this as well? I've never heard of uneven ice before...
    I am glad that you are assuming it's an excuse.

YuNa said that as she prepared for it, she "felt something on the ice", most likely a pit or scratch that disturbed her line of skating.

I guess this is just an impossibility to you, and that if it happened to YuNa, such a freak accident should have to happen to all the other skaters, too, especially the ones not going last when the ice is likelier to be smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Princesspts View Post
    I thought she said she felt something on the ice, rather than the ice being uneven.
    Yes, she said those words. But I clarified it, in case that rabble about a certain fans' flowers' seeds being the culprit was going to be raised again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel5555 View Post
    Mathman

After she makes a mistake, she starts to be nervous. I remember 4CC of the last season, one fall, but she was a bit tense until the end. And this time she made some unusual error, so It's normal that she was a bit scared.
    Of course it's normal to be nervous. But I think the point Mathman was trying to make is, shouldn't a visibly nervous and tentative performance be negatively reflected in the skater's PCS?

YuNa said that as she prepared for it, she "felt something on the ice", most likely a pit or scratch that disturbed her line of skating.
    Well before you said it was "uneven ice" and now you changed it to "something being on the ice". I can believe the later more than your first statement. I asked about other skaters because it would be almost impossible to have only a small section in the ice that was uneven.

Well before you said it was "uneven ice" and now you changed it to "something being on the ice". I can believe the later more than your first statement. I asked about other skaters because it would be almost impossible to have only a small section in the ice that was uneven.
    Excuse me? So "a pit on the ice" means that the ice is even, or uneven?

And English is supposed to be my SECOND language...yeesh.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast