Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

Custom Title
    evangeline
    Of course it's normal to be nervous. But I think the point Mathman was trying to make is, shouldn't a visibly nervous and tentative performance be negatively reflected in the skater's PCS?
    But I guess it's reflected? Or not?
    And she was handling it. Not the best way, but she wasn't completely defenseless.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Excuse me? So "a pit on the ice" means that the ice is even, or uneven?

And English is supposed to be my SECOND language...yeesh.
    Where did a pit come from? I did not watch the ladies event at TEB and did not read any articles on Yu Na this season about this incident. By you stating it was uneven ice, the image I get in my head is that the ice is not level which is why I said this is almost impossible. If it was a hole in the ice then yes I can understand how that would throw her off on the take off.

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Nope that's the first I've heard of this explanation.
    I did not watch the ladies event at TEB and did not read any articles on Yu Na this season about this incident.
    Well that explains your lack of knowledge, and I'm glad to have been of service in your edification.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Yuna is still doing the same entrance; 3 turn. The problem came at the landing. It looked like her foot got caught when she landed.
    Yes, she always does 3 turn before flip. But she starts the 3 turn differently.
    At TEB, she turns right on the first turn.
    At SA, she turns left.

Apparently Orser advised her to do so to make the jump easier, but apprantly she's having more difficulty with it.

Custom Title
    Where did a pit come from? I did not watch the ladies event at TEB and did not read any articles on Yu Na this season about this incident. By you stating it was uneven ice, the image I get in my head is that the ice is not level which is why I said this is almost impossible. If it was a hole in the ice then yes I can understand how that would throw her off on the take off.
    Sometimes skaters, if they pick hard enough, they'll accidentally dig out a chunk of ice, leaving a duvot. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Of course it's normal to be nervous. But I think the point Mathman was trying to make is, shouldn't a visibly nervous and tentative performance be negatively reflected in the skater's PCS?
    One would think so - are YOU agreeing with me from an earlier discussion

Just kidding and no official comment about this.........
    Last edited by janetfan; 11-15-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Sometimes skaters, if they pick hard enough, they'll accidentally dig out a chunk of ice, leaving a duvot. It happens.
    Thanks. Yes I know this - I've skated for over twenty years. Just was confused about the term pit is all

Where did a pit come from?
    Thanks. Yes I know this - I've skated for over twenty years.
    Mmmhmm...sure.

Banned
    Why did a judge give Yuna a +1 goe for the first combination?

Custom Title
    Elena Glebova:

1F-2t-2t (might be all singles)
    3 loop - shaky landing
    3s-2t
    Spiral seq
    3T-3T (?)
    Layback
    3S
    2A
    2A
    Flying sit
    SlStp - very little speed
    CCoSp

Not gonna lie, I like her Victorian-vampire outfit. Honestly, she did so many toes and sals, I started to get confused which jump is which. She slowed down so much the music was dragging her.

How this qualifies as a victorian-vampire is beyond me: http://sport.err.ee/index.php?06101418

Tripping on the Podium
    For those who wanna see what happened with Yuna's flip at TEB at close-up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAp1DbQIAI

see around 4:49

If you understand Japanese or Korean, you'll also hear what Arakawa said at that moment (The guess that impressed everyone later)

Custom Title
    newvie
    If you understand Japanese or Korean, you'll also hear what Arakawa said at that moment (The guess that impressed everyone later)
    Maybe you'll just write it since not all of us know Japanese.

"I retied my skates too tight,"
    from here.

Heh. That one is new. We should totally start a list "Best excuses by skaters". "Retied my skates too tight" is in the middle, together with "the ice is crushy" (Lambiel, Worlds 2008) and "the Triple Axel only looks underrotated from a certain perspective" (Lysacek, Grand Prix 2008).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    oh, golly....am I a jinx? I watch YuNa and she falls?
    I feel like I'm a jinx too. She always performed well when I watched her live. I should have stayed up late to watch her. *feeling very sad now* Oh gosh, I was actually very serious when I said that.

On the bright side, now she knows what's like to skate under immense pressure, and she can learn to deal with it now.

And now I have to get myself prepared to go to work with a heavy heart. Blue Monday indeed. :(

Banned
    I'd like granny to win Euros. At least she can land 4 types of good triples. The other European ladies' jumps are absolutely pathetic.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast