Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ice Network has not listed a time for its broadcast to be available. I believe NBC will be broadcasting Skate America's ladies LP competition. Heather's TV Schedule is showing the time on NBC as 2 to 4. However, there seem to be discrepancies. Check your own stations on Sunday to be sure not to miss the program!

1 Elena GLEBOVA EST 1
Music: Capriccio Espagnol by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov
2 Susanna PÖYKIÖ FIN 2
Music: Portait: The Hours Suite - Movement III The Secret Agent by Philipp Glass
3 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 3
Music: Carmen by Georges Bizet
4 Sarah HECKEN GER 4
Music; Croatian Rhapsody performed by Maksim Mrvica
Wonderland performed by Maksim Mrvica
Lee Loos' Tune performed by Maksim Mrvica
5 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 5
Music: Selection of Music by Raul di Blasio
6 Fumie SUGURI JPN 6
Music: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian
7 Yu-Na KIM KOR 7
Music: Concerto in F by George Gershwin
8 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 8
Music: Symphonie No 5 by L. v. Beethoven - performed by Edvin Marton
Somewhere in Time by John Barry - performed by Maksim Mrvica
The Godfather by Nino Rota, Carmine Coppola - performed by Edvin Marton
9 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR 9
Music: Tango de los Exilados
10 Rachael FLATT USA 10
Music: Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov
Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini Variation XVIII by Sergei Rachmaninov
11 Alexe GILLES USA 10
Music: On the Town by Leonard Bernstein
12 Emily HUGHES USA 10
Music: Gone With the Wind (soundtrack)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Order of skate is:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Sarah HECKEN GER 12 43.86
2 Emily HUGHES USA 11 45.32
3 Alexe GILLES USA 10 46.56
4 Susanna PÖYKIÖ FIN 9 46.72
5 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR 8 49.42
6 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 7 51.32

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 6 52.18
8 Elena GLEBOVA EST 5 52.28
9 Fumie SUGURI JPN 4 56.04
10 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 3 58.54
11 Rachael FLATT USA 2 58.80
12 Yu-Na KIM KOR 1 76.28

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, well...two of the Americans are in the first group. I wonder if NBC will try to show them (or at least Emily) live? Maybe as a break between taped coverage or something? Then again, they didn't show Alyssa at Worlds.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have teh NBC coverage starting at 10am (which is 2pm EST) so I think Heather's got it right

lakeshore

Match Penalty
The ladies' LP is about to take place. Only a handful of people are showing up from this cam angle. The FS is absolutely dying in the U.S. It'll be interesting to see what the audience size will look like next week at Skate Canada.

Does anybody know where skatebuzz get their feed from?

R.D.

Record Breaker
There weren't too many at the start of the SP but to my amazement the arena quickly filled up. I'd wait about 15 or 20 minutes.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I think that NBC will only show the second group of ladies and will show the top men in the first hour. That's what they did for the first Grand Prix event. We'll know shortly....

lakeshore

Match Penalty
There weren't too many at the start of the SP but to my amazement the arena quickly filled up. I'd wait about 15 or 20 minutes.

CoP and lack of American female starts are definitely killing the popularity of FS in America. Let's be honest here, Yu Na Kim is not going to save the sport for American audience. Every country wants to root for their own stars.

ks777

Record Breaker
Go Yuna! She is the only one I am looking forward to seeing at this event. I hope she goes clean.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
CoP and lack of American female starts are definitely killing the popularity of FS in America. Let's be honest here, Yu Na Kim is not going to save the sport for American audience. Every country wants to root for their own stars.

Yes, you're right. Problem with US org is that they always promote the young fresh blood and shove out the older skaters. Even their promotions is beyond pitiful. Before Kimmie's meltdown, she had very little attention and she did what she could to promote skating. Ratings were low when she won her Nationals, flawed FS or not. The next year, the Hello Kitty generation garnered high ratings and then this year, low again. Their PR team needs a new plan or needs to be replaced. As for the skaters, get to work.

Riding on the coattails of Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen has gone on far too long, even when there was a new champion who was pulling in as much medals as she could individually.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
On NBC, they are now showing Kim Yu-Na's SP. There was also a brief mention about Emily skating in the first group and being a last minute replacement for Sasha. Andrea Joyce said she spoke with Sasha earlier in the week. Among the points in their conversation:

• She's disappointed to not be there competing.
  • The injury has limited training both on and off the ice, but expects to resume full training in 2 weeks
  • She doesn't have time to listen to the naysayers about her comeback
  • She's had regular monitoring sessions for feedback on her programs

R.D.

Record Breaker
They showed Yuna's SP and Andrea Joyce did a brief report on Cohen's WD.

Surprisingly (or not?) they still have not shown the actual standings after the SP...

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Sarah:

3T-3T
telegraphing into 3-loop -lands on toe pick
3S
2A
Combo spin
Spiral Seq
3S-2T
2A - turned out
2A-2T-2T
Upright spin
SlStp
Combo spin

Program heavily front loaded, very little choreography and transitions but she skated very cleanly with good energy. :agree: Alright ladies, take note stay on your feet please.

Score Total: 131.10

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Yeah, the arena seems to be filling up.. The first skater did very well, almost clean.

Emily is next.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hecken did pretty well. She was very happy and basically had a smile on her face throughout the entire thing. Boring program though (very empty), and the spins/spirals are nothing to write home about, but she did what she needed to do (I think she needed to break 128 to go to the Olympics, and she scored 131.10 overall; 87+ in the free).