Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Rachel was so good! :D And I loved how after she nailedh her last jump, she just couldn't contain her joy. That was so great to see. :D

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Rachael:

Spiral into 2a
3F-2T
3flutz
Spin
Spin
3 loop - first solo loop we've seen I think
3Flutz-2t turn out
Spiral
3F-2t-2t
3Sal
CStseq
Direction change spin

Kudos for doing a spin combo in both directions, even though it was sloppy and lost speed. By far, the cleanest skate of the afternoon.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Interesting to see that there quite a few European ladies medaling at the GP this season: Alena, Kira, Julia. Did I forget anyone?

Level of european ladies have dipped in recent years, now rest of world have joined them except the asian of course.

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Interesting to see that there quite a few European ladies medaling at the GP this season: Alena, Kira, Julia. Did I forget anyone?

That's just because every time the judges see a European lady staying on their feet, they get all giddy because of the excitement. It's such a rare occasion these days.

She has that just-folks unglamorous look, like Torvill, and similar steadiness of purpose. The one thing she lacks is carriage--she slouches a bit, which detracts from her line to my eye. Splendid jumps, though! Good for her. I'd be thrilled to see her make it to the Olympics.

krenseby

Final Flight
That's just because every time the judges see a European lady staying on their feet, they get all giddy because of the excitement. It's such a rare occasion these days.

Actually, that reminds me, should Kostner somehow manage to rotate and land some of her jumps, the judges would go absolutely bezerk and the rewards might get to be too insane to tolerate.

Has anyone envisioned the scenario of Kostner suddenly having an ok free skate and how the judges might just overmark it?

Kissx3

Final Flight
Yeah, she's going to the Olympics. And if the level of skating we've seen so far outside of Yuna doesn't show large improvements she might even medal.

herro

On the Ice
Ppp-poker face.... the in-between song selections are awesome.

1st place for Rachael

Oh Lady Gaga, the mysterious woman who never wears any pants...

If Rachael skates two clean programs, she can definitely score around 180, and that may just be enough for a medal in Vancouver if the other skaters don't get much better now. Can't wait to see how she develops as the season goes on!

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Yu Na bombed, Yeeeahh...

Two URed triples, fell on 3flip, her money jump... Popped another lutz. Her 2a+3t seems URed as well.

A skating Queen with NO clean program so far...

Last edited:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
They just said that she didn't get credit for her last spin, if they had her score could've been 120+.

ETA - what's going on with Yuna?