Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

Kissx3

Final Flight
So we got some answers today. Basically, even if she falls apart, we need a Rochette or a Mao at their best to beat her.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Man, if Rachael hadn't lost credit for her spin, she mighta won. That would be a nice thing to tuck into your scrapbook..."I beat YuNa Kim!" ;) But, alas. And YuNa is so great, even with falls. Better now than at the Olympics, eh?

herro

On the Ice
111+ for THAT!?

It's perfectly reasonable. She normally scores with a clean skate around 130, so with those mistakes, around 111 is definitely reasonable. Remember that she has other elements besides jumps that she does fantastically well.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
So we got some answers today. Basically, even if she falls apart, we need a Rochette or a Mao at their best to beat her.

Rochette and Mao needs to do well in the SP and lights out on their FS. Even with her mistakes, Yun'as SP score helped carry her through.

What's this about her last spin not getting credit?

herro

On the Ice
Man, if Rachael hadn't lost credit for her spin, she mighta won. That would be a nice thing to tuck into your scrapbook..."I beat YuNa Kim!" ;) But, alas. And YuNa is so great, even with falls. Better now than at the Olympics, eh?

Nah... spins aren't worth that much. I still think though, that a perfect Rachael could still never beat Yuna if she makes a couple of mistakes...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Well, Yu-Na won. But something like that could happen at the Olys again.

Congrats to Yu-Na, Rachael and Julia :clap:

They all showed something new today, in a sense.

cornell08

Final Flight
It was an appropriate score, but I'm still sad/mortified for Yuna. 111 is really bad for her :no:

Excellent point, Kissx3. Even someone doing a good job might not catch up with YuNa.

Even with all the mistakes, though, I got a good impression of the program she's doing, in terms of how it's choreographed and how she interprets the music. (And I love the music choice, too!) Guess I'll go to YouTube and look up the other GP skate she did, where she stayed standing up.

Oh, man, another Olympics I'll have to watch with my heart in my mouth. Well, that's skating for you.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Well, as Sandra said, better to make mistakes now than later..
This should be a very good (weird, I know) experience for her though.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
It's perfectly reasonable. She normally scores with a clean skate around 130, so with those mistakes, around 111 is definitely reasonable. Remember that she has other elements besides jumps that she does fantastically well.
Yeah I guess it's a good score for a program with only 3 clean triples and 1 fall :sheesh:

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Alright, seriously, the 2A needs to be Zayaked after this season. Every single skater, except maybe Rachael, did 3 axels.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, one of my questions got answered today, and that was how Yuna deals with pressure situations. But the SP is key...another 76 and I think she has a comfortable enough lead to hold on even with a couple of mistakes.

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Alright, seriously, the 2A needs to be Zayaked after this season. Every single skater, except maybe Rachael, did 3 axels.

I hope so as well. It's absolutely horrible that the much touted the 'greatest' female figure skater in history is doing THREE 2As in a LP...