Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Fumie Suguri has always been one of my favorite Ladies skater, and my favorite Japanese Lady skater of all time.

I love her look it is so exotic.

herro

On the Ice
lol can't wait to see this Victorian-vampire outfit on Elena. Congrats to her for her scores though.

Good luck Fumie!

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Kimmie told her coach in K&C she already felt exhausted while doing spirals. Little gas left in the tank by the end of the program.

Expect Julia to pop tons of jumps...

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Fumie:

3flutz- 2T/3T can't tell too fast for me
3F spread eagle out
2A star turn out
Camel spin
Spiral - better lift and stretch on arabesque
2 S
1Lz - off timing
3F - two foot
2A-2A seq barely hangs on
Spin
SlStep
Spin with the forward scratch ending

So many needs to be slapped for giving Fumie this choreography and her name is pronounced Fu-mi-eh. Not a bad skate until her 2 Sal forwards. Like others, she got slower as the music accelerated, so she was just getting dragged along.

This hasn't exactly been a standout ladies' competition. Who's left besides Flatt and Kim?

....oh, of course! Julia. Go, Julia!

Last edited:

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Kimmie told her coach in K&C she already felt exhausted while doing spirals. Little gas left in the tank by the end of the program.

Expect Julia to pop tons of jumps...

Kimmie is nursing her knee at home. ;)

But even so, it means Fumie needs to work on her conditioning and her reducing her heart rate to fend off fatigue.

Score: 148.99 1st place!

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Julia:

2A
3Lz-2T-2l step out but big Lutz
3Flip - two foot
3Sal star turn out
Flying camel
steps into 2Lz
Serpentine Step - holy crap! it's for real!
1A-1A seq
Flying camel
Spiral
3T-2T
Combo spin

You go girl! I love her edge work. It's incredibly steady and smooth. Even with her mistakes, it was good skate compared to what we had to see before. Haters to the left! :rock:

So what we're saying is that skaters have invented an entirely new jump: the flutz. Maybe the judges should just accept it as a jump and grade for it...

Nonetheless, I think Julia did a better job than expected. Good for her!

Hope Flatt aces it!