Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 425

Thread: Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

  1. #181
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Well, Yuna wins by *only* 13 points!

  2. #182
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    448
    So we got some answers today. Basically, even if she falls apart, we need a Rochette or a Mao at their best to beat her.

  3. #183
    Custom Title Gymfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    257
    Man, if Rachael hadn't lost credit for her spin, she mighta won. That would be a nice thing to tuck into your scrapbook..."I beat YuNa Kim!" But, alas. And YuNa is so great, even with falls. Better now than at the Olympics, eh?

  4. #184
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    111+ for THAT!?
    It's perfectly reasonable. She normally scores with a clean skate around 130, so with those mistakes, around 111 is definitely reasonable. Remember that she has other elements besides jumps that she does fantastically well.

  5. #185
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    111+ for THAT!?
    She landed, I thought only 2 clean triples. her first 3lutz looked underrotated as well.. but I am glad she won!

  6. #186
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    So we got some answers today. Basically, even if she falls apart, we need a Rochette or a Mao at their best to beat her.
    Rochette and Mao needs to do well in the SP and lights out on their FS. Even with her mistakes, Yun'as SP score helped carry her through.

    What's this about her last spin not getting credit?

  7. #187
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Man, if Rachael hadn't lost credit for her spin, she mighta won. That would be a nice thing to tuck into your scrapbook..."I beat YuNa Kim!" But, alas. And YuNa is so great, even with falls. Better now than at the Olympics, eh?
    Nah... spins aren't worth that much. I still think though, that a perfect Rachael could still never beat Yuna if she makes a couple of mistakes...

  8. #188
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Well, Yu-Na won. But something like that could happen at the Olys again.

    Congrats to Yu-Na, Rachael and Julia

    They all showed something new today, in a sense.

  9. #189
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    596
    It was an appropriate score, but I'm still sad/mortified for Yuna. 111 is really bad for her

  10. #190
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Excellent point, Kissx3. Even someone doing a good job might not catch up with YuNa.

    Even with all the mistakes, though, I got a good impression of the program she's doing, in terms of how it's choreographed and how she interprets the music. (And I love the music choice, too!) Guess I'll go to YouTube and look up the other GP skate she did, where she stayed standing up.

    Oh, man, another Olympics I'll have to watch with my heart in my mouth. Well, that's skating for you.

  11. #191
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    222
    Well, as Sandra said, better to make mistakes now than later..
    This should be a very good (weird, I know) experience for her though.

  12. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Well, Yu-Na won. But something like that could happen at the Olys again.

    Congrats to Yu-Na, Rachael and Julia

    They all showed something new today, in a sense.
    Nobody is invinciable.

  13. #193
    Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable. She normally scores with a clean skate around 130, so with those mistakes, around 111 is definitely reasonable. Remember that she has other elements besides jumps that she does fantastically well.
    Yeah I guess it's a good score for a program with only 3 clean triples and 1 fall :sheesh:

  14. #194
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Alright, seriously, the 2A needs to be Zayaked after this season. Every single skater, except maybe Rachael, did 3 axels.

  15. #195
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Overall Lp was very disappointing, except for Rachael jumps and Julia Long program.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •