Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Yu Na clearly has problem with 3flip. I don't think it's just mental. It'll be interesting to see how her 3flip will look like in the GPF.

Without 3flip, she just becomes another Mao. 3lutz, 3S and 3T, the GREATESt ladies skater? I don't think so.
    Really? I don't think so. She did it well in both of her SPs and looking at the fact that she had it combo every year before this one (and the reason for the switch had nothing to do with the fact that she had a tremendous problem with the jump either) I don't really agree. I think it is a mental problem stemming from the fact that she missed it at TEB. I'm more worried that she messed up on her 3-3 at the beginning. I'd like to know what happened there.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by poorScorer View Post
    But I doubt it will put more pressure on other top ladies.

I agree. I'm just thinking that it will take pressure of Yu-Na.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    it easy to see why yuna deserve her score if you pay attention to lines; posture ;positions ,speed ;flow ; hieght ;ease; steadyness; intracacy; If you only look for things that look pretty and what jumps they did you end up overlooking a lot of the points;

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I've watched almost everything on Universal Sports/NBC but justinTV is preferable because of lack of commentators. Every now and then Scott or Sandra will say something useful but its value is pretty much wiped out by their (mostly his, actually) extraneous babble, repetitiveness, and silence about mistakes that should actually be named, or how things are scored.

As grateful as I am for the coverage, I want Uncle Dick and Peggy back. Or hire the Eurosport guys!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    I heard that the entrance to the flip has been changed after the TEB. She's probably not used to it yet. And since she was too concerned about the flip, she might have messed up all together.

I think it's better for her like this because she's now free from having to break the record every time she skates. She would be less criticized for having scores skyrocketing, which prohibits other skaters from dreaming about the gold medal at Olympics.

SA was quite interesting after all. Lots of thanks to Yuna, Rachael and Julia for unexpected surprises

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    1) LOL as if "another Mao" is supposed to be bad. Mao is still one of the top skating phenoms in the world.

2) YuNa has a mental fixation on the 3flip specifically in her LP, stemming from the TEB incident with the uneven ice (something she could not have controlled.) We will just have to see how she deals with it.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princesspts View Post
    Really? I don't think so. She did it well in both of her SPs and looking at the fact that she had it combo every year before this one (and the reason for the switch had nothing to do with the fact that she had a tremendous problem with the jump either) I don't really agree. I think it is a mental problem stemming from the fact that she missed it at TEB. I'm more worried that she messed up on her 3-3 at the beginning. I'd like to know what happened there.
    I think she was focus on the triple flip and skating clean so she was tense and distracted

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    I heard that the entrance to the flip has been changed after the TEB. She's probably not used to it yet. And since she was too concerned about the flip, she might have messed up all together.
    Yuna is still doing the same entrance; 3 turn. The problem came at the landing. It looked like her foot got caught when she landed.

Banned
    She fell again in the warmup. NBC even did a small piece analyzing it.

Custom Title
    I am really happy for Julia
    It looks like she has a good shot for the Euro gold this year.She looks younger than ever and has good flow over the ice, though, her music choice should be forbidden!!

Rachael did a fantastic job out there and showed good energy today. I like this program very much but I would rather see someone as Nagasu skating to it

Yuna is still very good despite the mistakes and deserved to win. The Grand Prix Final will be interesting if the other ladies could live up to their potential namely in the SP.Didn't Joannie score 67-68 with "just" a 3/2 last year?I wonder what score Rachael could get in the SP if she got her 3/3 ratified..

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    She fell again in the warmup. NBC even did a small piece analyzing it.
    I still don't think it has anything to do with an actual problem with the flip. The fall in the warmup could've made her think about during the performance. She also fell on it in an official practice before the SP and then proceeded to nail it in the SP. Like I said, who knows what the problem really is?

Banned
    I still don't think it has anything to do with an actual problem with the flip. The fall in the warmup could've made her think about during the performance. She also fell on it in an official practice before the SP and then proceeded to nail it in the SP. Like I said, who knows what the problem really is?
    The NBC commentator commented her shoulder position was not quite right during take-off. She's having trouble with 3flip, period. It remains to be seen whether it will get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    2) YuNa has a mental fixation on the 3flip specifically in her LP, stemming from the TEB incident with the uneven ice (something she could not have controlled.) We will just have to see how she deals with it.
    Uneven ice? Huh?

When she performed on Battle of the Blades and fell on her double axel it was quite shocking. Kurt interviewed Orser on the show as well and when Kurt called Kim the favourite going into the Olympics - you should have seen the cringe on Orser's face. I bet the pressure is getting to her. When you are hyped so much and have been on top for awhile there is no where to go but down. Hopefully she pulls it back together.

Flatt was absoltuely delightful. She sparkled out there!

Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    It is based on skills. And based on skating skills, Kim eclipses Flatt, sorry.
    True, but this time out Kim skated like a scared puppy thrown onto the ice. The program components are supposed to be about the overall effect of the program taken as a whole. Did you honestly see anything in this performance that deserved 7.50s and 7.75s in choreography, interpretation and performance?

Down With It
    I'm just glad NBC finally broadcast this in crisp clear HD.

Currently editing my captured footage...

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast