Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

kyla2

Final Flight
Yu Na

I have been watching figure skating for 46 years. I don't need to be there in person to know what I am looking at. When Yu Na is on, she is difficult to beat. But she was not in this competition and skated a highly flawed LP. In short, it was a disaster. She is consistently oversocred in my opinion. Her flip is nowhere in sight. You are speaking anectdotally about what you perceived to be the general reaction after the results were announced. I am certainly not saying you are lying, but I promise you, if this were to be repeated at an Olympic venue the viewing public and the media would go beserk, and rightly so. The quality of that particular LP should have remived her from first place contention.

figurejennah

On the Ice
I have been watching figure skating for 46 years. I don't need to be there in person to know what I am looking at. When Yu Na is on, she is difficult to beat. But she was not in this competition and skated a highly flawed LP. In short, it was a disaster. She is consistently oversocred in my opinion. Her flip is nowhere in sight. You are speaking anectdotally about what you perceived to be the general reaction after the results were announced. I am certainly not saying you are lying, but I promise you, if this were to be repeated at an Olympic venue the viewing public and the media would go beserk, and rightly so. The quality of that particular LP should have remived her from first place contention.

So, who do you think should have won, Rachael? Suguri? OH PLEASE. You say it like you know it all, but I am sorry, there were other OLD figure skating fans, too, in SA and I did not hear the crowd going berserk. In fact, after the sp was over, she got a standing ovation from everyone, and even after LP score was announced, the crowd still cheered her on. And you say her flip was nowhere in sight, and what were you seeing in her sp then?

Her LP was a disaster, but you are missing the point that the quality of her skating couldn't even be compared to anyone there. I would have totally understood your feelings, if there was any other skater at SA who had Yuna's jumping skills, speed, and artistry. There was no one like her there. And to be honest with you, I don't think Yuna's scores are inflated, especially after seeing some other skaters who received ridiculously high PCS even after messing up the program much worse than Yuna.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
True place.

1.Rachael Flatt(Of course, she was to have won!)
2.Yu Na KIm(Kim must return to Rachael the gold medal!)

I understand why you would feel that way, and I think if Rachael had gotten credit for the last spin and got level 4s on all her non-jump elements (she got a level 2 on her spiral sequence and a level 3 for her CiSt, and the two spins that didn't count were a level 1 and 2) then she should have won, but I mean it is Yuna and she did have a huge lead in the short.

USFSA gave Alissa the gold last year at nationals after Rachael gave a LP performance rivaling her one at SA, and Alissa landed less triples than Yuna and is slow, looks at the ground, has tiny jumps, and received a score in the short that was possibly inflated. Yuna is at least super fast and elegant with huge jumps, even though she screwed up at SA, if the judges can pass over Rachael to let Alissa win, then they definitely can pass her over to let Yuna win. Yuna is ranked first in the world after all, and fairly so.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wonder how Flatt feels though. Every time the camera is on her she smiles, but deep down she must be frustrated..