This or That: Cafe Games | Page 208 | Golden Skate

This or That: Cafe Games

altuixde

On the Ice
When it comes to cognition, the function of the left side is to keep track of details, and the function of the right side is the understanding of the gist of things. (In addition, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, but I'm more interested in the cognitive aspect.)

altuixde

On the Ice
If you're lefthanded, it's most likely that the left side of the brain is still associated with details and the right side is still associated with the gist of things. However, I think there are some rare cases where the entire body is a mirror image of the usual: all organs that are normally on the left are on the right, and vice versa; in those individuals, I think that the lateralized functions of the brain are reversed as well. Also there may be other causes of reversed brain lateralization, but I can't recall them. It's been a long time since I've taken psychology. :)

Personally, I'd like to have a better ability to keep track of details.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Altuixde - thanks for explaining all that. I'm a leftie, but I'll go for the right side of the brain.

Tiffany

Brittany or Tiffany?