Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Practice reports

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Update: my husband is still sick (a fluish cold) so no trip to Lake Placid for us.

But thank heavens for NBC Universal Sports and Justin TV!

Custom Title
    Aw, that is terrible! Hope your hubby feels better soon.

Custom Title

Yuna's LP practice clip

[Ooops. I just realized the clip seems to come from Icenetwork. So I removed the link. Maybe later it will pop up at youtube.]

Anyway, in her LP run-through, she landed the 3F, but popped a 2A. See, she is human after all.

But it seems she still had a good practice session overall. Word from her fan forum is that she hit 22 jumps in a row in the recent practice.
    Last edited by SusieH; 11-14-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    Aw, that is terrible! Hope your hubby feels better soon.
    Thank you. I've already warned him that if he thinks this is the end of our skating travels, he's sadly mistaken.

Custom Title
    It's not really a practice report but according to L. Rutherford's tweet, Verner's coach has said that Tomas is actually sick though Tomas hasn't said anything to the press.

Tripping on the Podium

Yu-Na's dress rehearsal & interruption

Suguri Fumie interrupting Yu-Na. Whether or not it was intentional, it was at least reckless and annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZztPum8skM

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Well this may be a little late so I will just comment on some things. Lutai eventually made it. It was funny because they let him have like 15 minutes of practice on the ice before the beginning of the compulsary dance. Everyone that was coming in was like...what?...thought this was compulsary dance. He was very thankful to the US skating officials who let him get out there on the ice.

Yesterday in pracitce (before the short program)...Emily had the blue tape heating pad think down her back. During the practice it appeared that she started crying and then Bonnie her coach gave her a hug and then she went to the middle of the ice, did her bow and ended her practice. Don't know what that is about or if she was injured or not. During the short program she didn't have anything on her back...so don't know what to make of it.

As for Tomas....someone asked about it. It's funny because he had pretty good practices this week. He didn't appear to be sick but maybe he hides it very well. So the short program was kind of a surprise for everyone, especially the ones that have seen him practice all week.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the reports from the arena, sillylionlive. I just can't make sense of everything since I see only the TV or worse, internet streaming.

Thanks again!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post

As for Tomas....someone asked about it. It's funny because he had pretty good practices this week. He didn't appear to be sick but maybe he hides it very well. So the short program was kind of a surprise for everyone, especially the ones that have seen him practice all week.
    http://www.tomasverner.com/About-Tom...c.article.aspx

“During the competition I was struggling with fatigue and a virus. The jumps were allright in practice, but the problem was to do all the elements one after another”

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Thanks for that link about Tomas. It's a shame he is such a nice guy and I really wanted to see him do well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2