I'm so happy | Golden Skate

I'm so happy

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Have my new computer up and running. I found a place that said music on the left side of my window and clicked on it and it had Dave Brubeck. When I clicked on it it was Take Five. I love that music. I wonder if it will wear out? :laugh:
My son forgot to put in my addresses and favorites but have a few of them up and he will finish one of these times. It is so nice to read things without all that texture it had.
Of course, by the time I got it up and running they didn't have my granddaughter's wedding pictures up any more but my daughter has them on a disk. I never know which disk (disc) to use.
:confused:

Good for your, GrGranny. Glad to see everything turned out fine. Is your new computer faster?

That's a pain about all those discs (I think "disk" is preferred, but I always say "disc" for some reason)...

Now you've got me curious, so I looked it up. According to my big dictionary, "disc" is preferred when you are talking about a phonograph record, but "disk" is preferred when you are talking about computers).

Anyway, it's a pain when you've got all those disks arround, none of them labeled correctly, and you don't know what's on any of them.

Mathman

PS. One "L" or two on "label(l)ed?"

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Granny, I love Brubeck too. I've seen him a couple of times at the Regatta bar in Boston.

GrGreat for GrGranny! So glad things are working so well with your new computer. When I upgraded, I felt as if I had been driving a '64 Volkswagon beetle and now was behind the wheel of a new Lexus. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but something like that. Happy surfing!

Pitchka,
Wow! You are so fortunate to have heard Brubeck live, especially in the perfect setting of a bar. I think he's a jazz genius.
Rgirl

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny:

Congratulations on the new computer!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yah GRGranny............I've had my latest computer for about 10 months and I'm always finding out new things about it.....42

4dogknight

Final Flight
When I was in high school the crowd I ran around with were jazz fanatics; Dixieland, Progressive and everything in between.

Chicago in the 50's and 60's was a jazz mecca and our group particularly liked the London House, downtown Chicago.

Yes we were all underage but we weren't there to drink, we were there because of the music; our parents knew it and so did the managers of the London House.

One of the mothers worked the night shift at IBM just down the block from the London House and would drop us off and then pick us up after her shift.

One Saturday night Oscar Peterson was appearing and come about 3:00 a.m., in walks Gerry Mulligan. When our ride came to get us, the managers let her in so she could hear the jam session too. If only I had a tape recorder!

I remember when Ramsey Lewis was a Tuesday night fill in at a small club on Grand Avenue, just east of Michigan Avenue. And then there was the Alhambra, Amahd Jamal's club just south of the Loop.

For Dixieland there was a club on Rush Street where the Dukes of Dixie Land appeared. There was a spot in Stickney, about 25 miles south of Chicago that had great Dixieland. But my favorite was the Red Garter and especially their traveling band. The lead banjo player started playing the banjo after being in an auto accident and was thrown through the front window. His palms were a mass of tiny scars. The doctors told him that learning to play a stringed instrument that required plucking would be the best therapy; he took it one step further and made it a career.

4dk

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
That's really interesting.
I heard yesterday that people my age can hide their own easter eggs because they couldn't remember where they put them.:laugh:
Sorry to say, they're right.

Good luck with your new computer, Granny. I envy you. I am still playing around with this older system of mine. I expect to go to Nats and Worlds and that's going to take away from my getting a new computer for now.

And Brubeck is worth having around.

Joe