Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: SC Prediction

  1. #31
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Very sorry to hear about F/S - it looked like they were off to a good season. I hope they recover soon!


    Some of both.
    Men:
    Daisuke--he's just the best and has a champion's spirit. From his last (first) skate it looked like all he lacked was stamina and I'm hoping he's got that now.
    Patrick--he's the best too! I'm thinking Canadian crowd in an Olympic year, esp. when he's coming back after injury, means his first time out will be too much pressure to win. But as long as Dai and Patrick win G & S in any order, I'm happy.
    Preaubert--no special reason, just that he'll be skating with relatively less pressure than Abbott, who ought to do beat him (if not everyone else)... but Jeremy seems like such a sensitive young man, he may crumble again, and then Alban could zip in for a medal.

    Ladies:
    Suzuki--whoa, this lady's on a roll and has fabulous programs this year.
    Rochette--basically I'm assuming all the Canadian skaters will have a home field disadvantage at this event, except for V/M who seem invincible. Joannie didn't do so well at her first event and may not overcome it right away. Hopefully she'll get the kinks out of her system before Feb. Anyway I'll eat my... gloves? if she doesn't make the podium.
    Czisny--Alissa has so much talent, she's going to make the podium sometimes Why not here? She's won this event before so I'm thinking she likes Canada.

    Pairs: Just hopeful guesses in this field. I'm not keen on the Canadian team D/D, even though I wish them the best, and certainly accident-free skates!
    M/T
    S/S
    D/B

    Dance: Similarly hopeful guesses. I don't follow this discipline as much as the others, but just moved up S/B to the second spot due to F/S withdrawal, and added W/P. (These kids get home field advantage because they're young.)
    V/M
    S/B
    W/P
    Goor retort and good choices.

  2. #32
    Custom Title luvsasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Czisny--Alissa has so much talent, she's going to make the podium sometimes Why not here? She's won this event before so I'm thinking she likes Canada.
    actually that's fairly true-she's usually skates fairly well in Canada
    Skate Canada 05-1st
    Skate Canada 06-4th
    Skate Canada 08-3rd

    Hoping her luck holds, because I love her skating!

  3. #33
    GoldExpress reynycpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manhattan Valley, NY
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Czisny--Alissa has so much talent, she's going to make the podium sometimes Why not here? She's won this event before so I'm thinking she likes Canada.
    My thoughts exactly. If she could only channel the consistency she had at that competition in 2005 she would make the podium.. with possibly higher PCS marks as well. Coincidentally that's where she received her PB...(well technically this years Nebelhorn Trophy she had a PB in the SP: 60.38). She also got Bronze at last years SC.

    She may have a slim chance of winning SC, but since this may be her last event before Nationals, it would be nice for her to have a couple of new PB's heading into Spokane. As much as I would love for her to make the OT, its looking like Flatt & Wagner are the front runners. But on the other hand... I guess had she finished in the top 8 @ Worlds, there would be 3 spots for the US and a little bit more breathing room for her.

    Good luck Alissa!
    & to all the Ladies as well!

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    OK, I'll try.

    MEN
    Daisuke
    Patrick
    Jeremy A.

    LADIES
    Caroline
    Joannie
    Akiko

    PAIRS
    Jessica / Bryce
    Aliona / Robin
    Caydee / Jeremy

    DANCE
    Tessa / Scott
    Emily / Evan
    Nathalie / Fabian

  5. #35
    nefertiti..reincarnate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    865
    According to the latest news:
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/09...0502000-n1.htm
    Akiko has made significant improvements on her usage of edges in her skating during recent training sessions AFTER the CoC, that's what both her coach and herself recognizes.

    If this is true, which probably is, my guess for ladies now turns out to be:

    1. Suzuki (flooding with joy to skate, making the Final)
    2. Lepisto (biggest spoiler to Joannie)
    3. Rochette (unlikely to keep her nerves in both programs under her obligation pressure)
    4-6. Nagasu/Czisny/Zhang (rooting for them in this order)

    In this case Wagner and Flatt (both having one silver medal) go to GPF, no?
    Last edited by sorcerer; 11-19-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

  6. #36
    On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    In this case Wagner and Flatt (both having one silver medal) go to GPF, no?
    Yup. Wagner and Leonova have 24 pts. Flatt advances ahead of Rochette (2/4 beats 3/3). Personally, I hope it's Rochette to the GPF though.

    Wow good for Akiko! Hopefully she'll keep the momentum going and make the Japanese Olympic team! Her joy and freedom is so rare today.

    Wishing all the competitors well (Get better soon F/S)! And of course for my favourites to kick ***.

  7. #37
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Pairs

    1. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
    3. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
    4. Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT (USA)
    5. Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY (CAN)

    Men

    1. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
    2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
    3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)
    4. Michal BREZINA (CZE)
    5. Samuel CONTESTI (ITA)

    Ladies

    1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
    2. Caroline ZHANG (USA)
    3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
    4. Laura LEPISTO (FIN)
    5. Mirai NAGASU (USA)

    Ice dancing

    1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
    2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
    3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
    4. Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES (USA)
    5. Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL (USA)

    Canada sweeps the competition! And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series.

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    It is truly a packed field. Too hard to predict. All I feel is that Patrick Chan will be gold in Men and V/M will be gold in Dance.

    If I have to choose three, in Men:

    1. Chan - He seems relatively consistant.
    2. Abbott - He has everything, and might pull out a good performance one of these days.
    3. Takahashi - He hasn't fully recovered on his jumps.

  9. #39
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    It is truly a packed field. Too hard to predict. All I feel is that Patrick Chan will be gold in Men and V/M will be gold in Dance.

    If I have to choose three, in Men:

    1. Chan - He seems relatively consistant.
    2. Abbott - He has everything, and might pull out a good performance one of these days.
    3. Takahashi - He hasn't fully recovered on his jumps.
    That podium looks real to me, but it would be kind of useless in terms of GPF. Chan can't be in GPF, because he missed CoR. Abbott needs to be 1st, and Takahashi - at least 2nd in order to have a chance to qualify for GPF. If I'm not mistaken.

    Brezina and Contesti could surprise though.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Canada sweeps the competition! And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series.
    That will be the cheapest and most effective ad for Figure Skating Olympic Program.

    My prediction

    Pairs
    1) S/S- thy can make one or two falls and still win
    2)M/T - If they lead after sp they may end up third, they may implode under self creating pressure.
    3)D/D- they will need to perform clean program and hope others do not to win the title.

    Ice Dancing
    1) V/M- only question is how their PCS compares with D/W.
    2)P/B- natalia and fabian should win second position
    3)S/B - wide open, but they are best of the rest.


    Mens - very hard to predict
    1) Takahashi-
    2) Patrick Chan-
    3) Brezina -

    Abbott, contesti, Kvdp, D.Ten, Preaubert could all medal.
    Ladies
    1) Suzuki - hope she does well
    2) Rochette- two clean programs pls
    3)Mirai Nagasu - she is favorite american female skater, hence i hope she can fully rotate her jumps

  11. #41
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    I read akiko sounding very confident. she says that she newly improved her edges quality and can skate without efforts like Shizuka. In a way, this sounds more promising than hearing her saying that she has been consistent in her jumps. Jump consistency is so elusive; but if you can focus on basic skating skills you are on your feet. I hope that she doesn't think too much from now to the comp and just goes on at the current frame of the mind.

  12. #42
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I read akiko sounding very confident. she says that she newly improved her edges quality and can skate without efforts like Shizuka. In a way, this sounds more promising than hearing her saying that she has been consistent in her jumps. Jump consistency is so elusive; but if you can focus on basic skating skills you are on your feet. I hope that she doesn't think too much from now to the comp and just goes on at the current frame of the mind.
    Edging could also help her with her jump consistency, since both Lutz and Flip aren't good jumps for her, she gets edge calls/warnings on both. So maybe some refinement of the edge work in general also will help with those two jumps.

  13. #43
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Edging could also help her with her jump consistency, since both Lutz and Flip aren't good jumps for her, she gets edge calls/warnings on both. So maybe some refinement of the edge work in general also will help with those two jumps.
    Oh, she gets calls/warnings on both jumps. I see! I had atually sometimes felt puzzled when she got edge calls on one of them because the other one could look more questionable to me. But now it makes better sense! Yukari gets calls/warnings on both, too.
    Other than the questionable edges, however, her Lutz/Flip are fab, with great height and flow. Very powerful. But perhaps she could never get plus GOE if she gets edge call/warning? Then better fix it.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,592
    Pairs
    1. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
    3. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)

    Men
    1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
    2. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
    3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

    Ladies
    1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
    3. Caroline ZHANG (USA)

    Dance
    1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
    2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
    3. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS)

  15. #45
    Custom Title gopatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada...or wandering
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Pairs

    1. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
    3. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
    4. Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT (USA)
    5. Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY (CAN)

    Men

    1. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
    2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
    3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)
    4. Michal BREZINA (CZE)
    5. Samuel CONTESTI (ITA)

    Ladies

    1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
    2. Caroline ZHANG (USA)
    3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
    4. Laura LEPISTO (FIN)
    5. Mirai NAGASU (USA)

    Ice dancing

    1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
    2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
    3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
    4. Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES (USA)
    5. Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL (USA)

    Canada sweeps the competition! And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series.
    A daring prediction~I'm loving it
    I would put Langlois/Hay in 4th because they always placed 4th in SC.

    I am not very good in prediction except for the men last season guided by PJ's curse, so I decided to shy away from the prediction posts. But I change my mind after seeing yours, and pull out my Canadian flag to show some surpport

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •