SC Prediction | Page 2 | Golden Skate

SC Prediction

samba

On the Ice
My predictions: Men: Chan, Abbott, Takashi
Ladies: Rochette, SuZuki, Zhang
Pairs: S/S, M/T, D/B
Icedance: V/M, P/B, S/B

Very sorry to hear about F/S - it looked like they were off to a good season. I hope they recover soon!

Are there any reasons for the predictions or are they just hopeful thinkings?
Some of both. :p
Men:
Daisuke--he's just the best and has a champion's spirit. From his last (first) skate it looked like all he lacked was stamina and I'm hoping he's got that now. :bow:
Patrick--he's the best too! ;) I'm thinking Canadian crowd in an Olympic year, esp. when he's coming back after injury, means his first time out will be too much pressure to win. But as long as Dai and Patrick win G & S in any order, I'm happy.
Preaubert--no special reason, just that he'll be skating with relatively less pressure than Abbott, who ought to do beat him (if not everyone else)... but Jeremy seems like such a sensitive young man, he may crumble again, and then Alban could zip in for a medal. :cool:

Ladies:
Suzuki--whoa, this lady's on a roll and has fabulous programs this year. :rock:
Rochette--basically I'm assuming all the Canadian skaters will have a home field disadvantage at this event, except for V/M who seem invincible. Joannie didn't do so well at her first event and may not overcome it right away. Hopefully she'll get the kinks out of her system before Feb. Anyway I'll eat my... gloves? if she doesn't make the podium. :thumbsup:
Czisny--Alissa has so much talent, she's going to make the podium sometimes Why not here? She's won this event before so I'm thinking she likes Canada. :)

Pairs: Just hopeful guesses in this field. I'm not keen on the Canadian team D/D, even though I wish them the best, and certainly accident-free skates!
M/T
S/S
D/B

Dance: Similarly hopeful guesses. I don't follow this discipline as much as the others, but just moved up S/B :love: to the second spot due to F/S withdrawal, and added W/P. (These kids get home field advantage because they're young.) :agree:
V/M
S/B
W/P

Rinkside
Men:
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Patrick Chan
3. Michal Brezina
4. Daisuke Takahashi
5. Alban Preaubert

That is a difficult one. I think that any of the top four men have a chance to win a gold. I don't think that Alban can win gold, because last GP season even when he was landing quadruple jumps he scored relatively low.

Women:
1. Joannie Rochette or Akiko Suzuki
2. Joannie Rochette or Akiko Suzuki
3. Laura Lepisto

I hope that Joannie will be albe to handle pressure to skate well in her country. I also hope that Akiko will not feel overwhelmed by her success in China and will perform nicely in Canada too. And I hope that Laura will land more jump in her free skate than she did in Japan (because it is a very nice free skate and it does deserves nice jumps :) ).

Pairs:
1. Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy
2. Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov or Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison
3. Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov or Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

I think that Savchenko and Szolkowy will win although since they have a new free skate I predict a rough skate. I think that Mukhortova and Trankov probably will not be able to skate as well as they did in Paris because thay are not particularly consistent pair. Somehow, I can't get excited while watching Dube and Davison so I cannot imagine them taking gold. But they very well may take silver or bronze.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Laura Lepistö

Men
1. Daisuke Takahashi
2. Patrick Chan
3. Jeremy Abbott

Pairs
1. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy
2. Maria Mukhortova & Maxim Trankov
3. Jessica Dubé & Bryce Davison

Ice Dance
Federica and Massimo... noooooo! One of my favourite ice dance couples! I hope they'll be fine!

:cry:

1. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir
2. Nathalie Péchalat & Fabian Bourzat
3. Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates

M

mylastduchess

Mens:
1.) Takahashi
2.) Chan
3.) Abbott

Ladies:
1.) Rochette
2.) Suzuki
3.)Csizny

mishieru07

On the Ice
Are there any reasons for the predictions or are they just hopeful thinkings?

Eh mine isn't really wishes. There are reasons for my predictions and I do think at least Dance and Pairs is pretty reasonable. Men's and Ladies' ... mix because people keep imploding so much that it's unpredictable. :biggrin:

I'm not sure about F/S ... saw on their official website that the Italian Federation said they withdrew due to health issues. No reasons stated, so we'll have to wait for an official press release.

I wish them well ... it's really sad to see skaters suffer through injury and pain ):

Bennett

Record Breaker
SC may be the most exciting ladies field!

Among Joannie, Akiko, Laura, Mirai, or Alissa, I think that anyone who is cleanest will win! But I feel that everyone is making mistakes this season! There is no telling who is going to make the least mistakes!

I am hoping that Mirai will grab the Gold and shines here! But I am not sure how likely this is. Although it may be unlikely, a miracle may happen to Alissa! Who knows? Joannie, Akiko, or Laura does not need to rely on a miracle to make the least mistakes.

I wouldn't see Zhang taking a gold, until she fixes the jumps and speed. But she is still a strong, gutsy competitor so that she could totally medal here!

reynycpr

On the Ice
What I would like:

1. Czisny
2. Zhang
3. Rochette/Akiko

What will probably happen:

1. Rochette
2. Akiko
3. Lepisto/Zhang

Very sorry to hear about F/S - it looked like they were off to a good season. I hope they recover soon!

Some of both. :p
Men:
Daisuke--he's just the best and has a champion's spirit. From his last (first) skate it looked like all he lacked was stamina and I'm hoping he's got that now. :bow:
Patrick--he's the best too! ;) I'm thinking Canadian crowd in an Olympic year, esp. when he's coming back after injury, means his first time out will be too much pressure to win. But as long as Dai and Patrick win G & S in any order, I'm happy.
Preaubert--no special reason, just that he'll be skating with relatively less pressure than Abbott, who ought to do beat him (if not everyone else)... but Jeremy seems like such a sensitive young man, he may crumble again, and then Alban could zip in for a medal. :cool:

Ladies:
Suzuki--whoa, this lady's on a roll and has fabulous programs this year. :rock:
Rochette--basically I'm assuming all the Canadian skaters will have a home field disadvantage at this event, except for V/M who seem invincible. Joannie didn't do so well at her first event and may not overcome it right away. Hopefully she'll get the kinks out of her system before Feb. Anyway I'll eat my... gloves? if she doesn't make the podium. :thumbsup:
Czisny--Alissa has so much talent, she's going to make the podium sometimes Why not here? She's won this event before so I'm thinking she likes Canada. :)

Pairs: Just hopeful guesses in this field. I'm not keen on the Canadian team D/D, even though I wish them the best, and certainly accident-free skates!
M/T
S/S
D/B

Dance: Similarly hopeful guesses. I don't follow this discipline as much as the others, but just moved up S/B :love: to the second spot due to F/S withdrawal, and added W/P. (These kids get home field advantage because they're young.) :agree:
V/M
S/B
W/P
Goor retort and good choices.

luvsasha

Final Flight

actually that's fairly true-she's usually skates fairly well in Canada
Skate Canada 05-1st
Skate Canada 06-4th
Skate Canada 08-3rd

Hoping her luck holds, because I love her skating!

reynycpr

On the Ice

My thoughts exactly. If she could only channel the consistency she had at that competition in 2005 she would make the podium.. with possibly higher PCS marks as well. Coincidentally that's where she received her PB...(well technically this years Nebelhorn Trophy she had a PB in the SP: 60.38). She also got Bronze at last years SC.

She may have a slim chance of winning SC, but since this may be her last event before Nationals, it would be nice for her to have a couple of new PB's heading into Spokane. As much as I would love for her to make the OT, its looking like Flatt & Wagner are the front runners. But on the other hand... I guess had she finished in the top 8 @ Worlds, there would be 3 spots for the US and a little bit more breathing room for her.

Good luck Alissa!
& to all the Ladies as well!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
OK, I'll try.

MEN
Daisuke
Patrick
Jeremy A.

LADIES
Caroline
Joannie
Akiko

PAIRS
Jessica / Bryce
Aliona / Robin
Caydee / Jeremy

DANCE
Tessa / Scott
Emily / Evan
Nathalie / Fabian

sorcerer

Final Flight
According to the latest news:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/091119/spm0911190502000-n1.htm
Akiko has made significant improvements on her usage of edges in her skating during recent training sessions AFTER the CoC, that's what both her coach and herself recognizes.

If this is true, which probably is, my guess for ladies now turns out to be:

1. Suzuki (flooding with joy to skate, making the Final)
2. Lepisto (biggest spoiler to Joannie)
3. Rochette (unlikely to keep her nerves in both programs under her obligation pressure)
4-6. Nagasu/Czisny/Zhang (rooting for them in this order)

In this case Wagner and Flatt (both having one silver medal) go to GPF, no?

Last edited:

mishieru07

On the Ice
In this case Wagner and Flatt (both having one silver medal) go to GPF, no?

Yup. Wagner and Leonova have 24 pts. Flatt advances ahead of Rochette (2/4 beats 3/3). Personally, I hope it's Rochette to the GPF though.

Wow good for Akiko! :rock: Hopefully she'll keep the momentum going and make the Japanese Olympic team! Her joy and freedom is so rare today.

Wishing all the competitors well (Get better soon F/S)! And of course for my favourites to kick ***.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Pairs

1. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
3. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
4. Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT (USA)
5. Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY (CAN)

Men

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)
4. Michal BREZINA (CZE)
5. Samuel CONTESTI (ITA)

Ladies

1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
2. Caroline ZHANG (USA)
3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
4. Laura LEPISTO (FIN)
5. Mirai NAGASU (USA)

Ice dancing

1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
4. Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES (USA)
5. Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL (USA)

Canada sweeps the competition! :yes: And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series. :scowl:

jennylovskt

Medalist
It is truly a packed field. Too hard to predict. All I feel is that Patrick Chan will be gold in Men and V/M will be gold in Dance.

If I have to choose three, in Men:

1. Chan - He seems relatively consistant.
2. Abbott - He has everything, and might pull out a good performance one of these days.
3. Takahashi - He hasn't fully recovered on his jumps.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
It is truly a packed field. Too hard to predict. All I feel is that Patrick Chan will be gold in Men and V/M will be gold in Dance.

If I have to choose three, in Men:

1. Chan - He seems relatively consistant.
2. Abbott - He has everything, and might pull out a good performance one of these days.
3. Takahashi - He hasn't fully recovered on his jumps.

That podium looks real to me, but it would be kind of useless in terms of GPF. Chan can't be in GPF, because he missed CoR. Abbott needs to be 1st, and Takahashi - at least 2nd in order to have a chance to qualify for GPF. If I'm not mistaken.

Brezina and Contesti could surprise though.

life684

Final Flight
Canada sweeps the competition! :yes: And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series. :scowl:

That will be the cheapest and most effective ad for Figure Skating Olympic Program.

My prediction

Pairs
1) S/S- thy can make one or two falls and still win
2)M/T - If they lead after sp they may end up third, they may implode under self creating pressure.
3)D/D- they will need to perform clean program and hope others do not to win the title.

Ice Dancing
1) V/M- only question is how their PCS compares with D/W.
2)P/B- natalia and fabian should win second position
3)S/B - wide open, but they are best of the rest.

Mens - very hard to predict
1) Takahashi- :rock:
2) Patrick Chan-:no:
3) Brezina -:)

Abbott, contesti, Kvdp, D.Ten, Preaubert could all medal.
Ladies
1) Suzuki - hope she does well
2) Rochette- two clean programs pls
3)Mirai Nagasu - she is favorite american female skater, hence i hope she can fully rotate her jumps