Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OD - 12:00 EST - Saturday, November 21

I don't think it's really wise/worth comparing scores between different competitions. Different panels, judges, etc.
    I'd wait until GPF to take some sort of conclusion...

(But that score was a joke.)

Custom Title
    I think V/M didn't get too many technical deductions because Tessa's two stumbles weren't on a required element and no body part actually hit the ice so it didn't count as a fall? And while Scott had a major wobble on his twizzle he didn't actually put a foot down.

But having said that their performance or more program interpretation scores should not have been that high- its a gorgeous program when performed but they had noticeable performance breaks when Tessa and Scott had to stop and re-group after the second stumble. Oh well bad night... I'm sure they won't let it happen again.

Custom Title
    Tessa made a mistake on the twizzles as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Belbin/Agosto only got a 60.95 at SA. I have no technical eye for ice dance...but this would suggest that B/A are not near V/M or D/W (who scored a 63-something at NHK)
    That wreck of performance nearly as good as B/A folk dance from NHK, surely Judges are smoking something really strong.
    Last edited by life684; 11-21-2009 at 01:12 PM.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I think V/M didn't get too many technical deductions because Tessa's two stumbles weren't on a required element and no body part actually hit the ice so it didn't count as a fall? And while Scott had a major wobble on his twizzle he didn't actually put a foot down.

But having said that their performance or more program interpretation scores should not have been that high- its a gorgeous program when performed but they had noticeable performance breaks when Tessa and Scott had to stop and re-group after the second stumble. Oh well bad night... I'm sure they won't let it happen again.
    ITA. Tess didn't stumble on an element so their TES shouldn't have been hit. I did think they were held up on PCS; they did appear shaken after TWO fluke near-falls.

I'm hoping it never happens again either.

Is it just me or was P/B off-sync in their twizzles?

Custom Title
    Ahh its times like these when it sucks being a Ice Dance fan.. probably my fave category but with the suckiest judging I hated looking at Tessa and Scott's faces in the K&C, they even looked kinda ashamed for getting that score for such a performance.

she needs to change the skirt (again). Still they are the team to beat at Vancouver IMO (and now even more looking at what home advantage can do to you ). Both of their programs are magnificient.

And yes the stumbles shouldnt hurt the TES but PCS wise they were so shocked with their own mistakes that they were skating by the numbers with no spark and fierce at all at the end of the program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    That wreck of performance nearly as good as B/A folk dance from NHK, surely Judges are smoking something really strong.
    B/A were at Skate America, D/W's 63 was at NHK

Custom Title
    Okay, now that I have icenetwork I can see everybody and IMO the reason V/M won was because the other od's are just not that good. W/P have a great program but it's skated without much power and attack, IMO, or depth of edge, and P/B don't have good unison and are somewhat sloppy.

IMO it goes to skating "clean" but overall not terribly high quality, or making several obvious mistakes while having better skating quality on the parts that were not mistakes. I know regrouping goes to pc's, but it's still arguable, IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    ITA. Tess didn't stumble on an element so their TES shouldn't have been hit. I did think they were held up on PCS; they did appear shaken after TWO fluke near-falls.

I'm hoping it never happens again either.

Is it just me or was P/B off-sync in their twizzles?
    They are off-Sync in their twizzles but not substantial enough to put them 10 points behind the canadians

Custom Title
    Wasn't just you mishieru, I caught that as well (P/B on twizzles).

I'd be fine with V/M in first overall, but not first with a bullet in the OD. Hell, frankly, I'd rather they got a score closer to 52 - just ahead of S/B and W/P (due to the strong musicality, solid basics, and probably higher levels). Lower wouldn't be unfair. But 60? I would love to defend the score, but simply speaking, I can't.

Custom Title
    B/A were at Skate America, D/W's 63 was at NHK
    thanks for correcting, i am totally pissed at the judging...

Custom Title
    Can't wait for the GPF with the 3 north american teams...and tessa and scott will hopefully have a phenomenal FD, redeem themselves, and truly earn their gold medal

Custom Title
    Just to reiterate - I think the other two were possibly scored too high. I just didn't think this was a very strong field (prior to V/M taking the ice). On the level of basic skating P/B are not impressive.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Can't wait for the GPF with the 3 north american teams...and tessa and scott will hopefully have a phenomenal FD, redeem themselves, and truly earn their gold medal
    Amen to that.

Iam sorry i missed this, forgot about the time. I adore V/M's OD, the style, character of the dance is superb. Sounds like they didn't skate it like they did previously. What a shame, was wanting to see it skated well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast