OD - 12:00 EST - Saturday, November 21 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

OD - 12:00 EST - Saturday, November 21

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I thought they were not allowed do use props like W/P did with the fan?

From Ice Skating International...

Props are allowed for this year’s OD but they must be attached to the costuming. Since Weaver pulls out and stows the fan in her cleavage, it is not immediately evident how the fan is attached. However, the two are definitely joined and how this is accomplished is disguised with a wonderful piece of costuming. Weaver said, "I did have to practice dropping the fan and catching it very quickly, otherwise it would be swinging round me. But it could never hit the ice unless I went down, too."

Final Flight
Twizzles: 0.2, with one judge giving them a 2 (WTH?)
CiSt3: mostly 1s and 2s, which is right - the mistakes came later.
NtMiSt2: ditto.

The mistakes were in the transitions/linking footwork/movement, but that was still scored in the eights. I don't see how they got 9.00 from one judge in interpretation/timing, and the 9.50 in choreography (same judge) definitely feels like a "lets see how to get this score higher" maneuver.

i know right?! exactly. who is the judge who gave them a 2 for goe....?! this is a gimmick. yeah, i admit, that was bold flamenco routine...but really?

i praise the judges who remain truthful and REALISTIC.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From Ice Skating International...

Props are allowed for this year’s OD but they must be attached to the costuming. Since Weaver pulls out and stows the fan in her cleavage, it is not immediately evident how the fan is attached. However, the two are definitely joined and how this is accomplished is disguised with a wonderful piece of costuming. Weaver said, "I did have to practice dropping the fan and catching it very quickly, otherwise it would be swinging round me. But it could never hit the ice unless I went down, too."

The fan is attached to the seam under her arm. I noticed that during the OD.