FD 12:15 Eastern Time, Sunday, Nov. 22 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

FD 12:15 Eastern Time, Sunday, Nov. 22

lmarie086

Medalist
ITA. All that talent going to waste with generic FDs. Also, the music... :eek: if I had to skate to that crap every day in practice, I think I'd make like Van Gogh.

ITA. It makes me so, so happy that the Hubbells left (hopefully they'll come back strong, as for now I guess they're stuck with their FD : eek: ). I've said it before, S/B are just way too youthful for the stuff they've been given for their FDs. Their FDs are always so heavy- I'd love to see them do something light and whimsical.

I really, really want Weaver/Poje to go to the Olympics. It's a shame Canada doesn't have three spots. I'm a huge fan of their POTO- it's what I was hoping to see from D/W.

Weaver/Poje second in the FD, but first overall. They're going to medal!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
W/P: A stumble in the straight line step sequence, but this program is really growing on me. That curve lift is a beauty. They are really making a claim to that second spot. Oh, and can I just say I love the fact Krylova and Bourne work together?

Missed P/B. Stupid computer. PJ doesn't seem all that impressed. This is the most negative I've heard her

life684

Final Flight
P/B :love::Requiem for a Dream, i loved it when i first heard the music, but ice dancers are giving me a overdose of this Music. Between it interesting program, i don't think i have hated any Zhulin pairs, and i have very soft corner for them.

Last edited:

beabstress

On the Ice
give me a break w/p better than d/w are you ddru nk?

I'm not a W/P fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to admit that I like the whole "package" of their POTO much better than D/W's. It's a beautiful program. That said, W/P aren't even remotely in the same league as D/W in terms of talent, skills, or much of anything else.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pechalat and Bourzat

I lost my signal for some of this

He has clock pointers on both sleeves and no face paint. He has the gears &cogs shirt.

She has an outfit sort of reminiscent of last year's clown outfit with a bright yellow skirt

They do not look thrilled at the end.

The twizzles were out and there was something very labored about the last lift, like they were tired.

The lift where her legs are upright and tick tocking back and forth is very cool.

Score 93.47 season's best

missysays

On the Ice
I like P/B soooo much but I just don't like this FD.

There are interesting highlights and moves but I can't register them properly- it's like I don't see them until way after the move has been completed- something about the music or arrangement of the steps.

Glad they're getting good scoring though... But still...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This really hurts, but after three events, I can say with certainty: I don't like P/B's FD. And I really wanted to like it. But the music cuts are bizarre and it all seems so choppy... I wish they'd at least return to the original version.

At least Fabian got a haircut and showed up with no facial paint.

Alicja

On the Ice
Well, I have to say that performance-wise I prefer W/P's POTO to D/W's. Of course, D/W have much more technical difficulty. But I don't feel the same kind of connection with and interpretation of the music when they skate to it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
V/M.... love the changes. Love everything about this couple. Love this FD. Love the ending. Love love love love love.

There. Gushing over. For now.

i love to skate

Medalist
V/M - WOW! I didn't totally get this program in Paris but I got it today. It was so beautiful. Less shaky lifts and some changes as well. Fantastic!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Virtue and Moir

White dress on Tessa, very pretty. Not so lingerie like as the TEB version. Also shorter (a good thing)

30 seconds of random posing to start

The first lift is very wobbly. Scott had trouble with the back arabesque, keeping his leg still. May have a time penalty.

Dance spin very lovely indeed, with interesting shapes.

Twizzles OK

Gymnastic lift landed nicely on one foot this time.

Standing ovation of course!

Score 103.32 (This is the highest FD score of the year)
Total score 204.18 (and the highest total score)

First of course.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Nice comeback for V/M after yesterday. I thought his expression matched the mood of the music very well, hers in the other hand...
Third lovey dovey program in four seasons... Darn, last season it looked like they were going for the change...

They are wonderful skaters, I'd love to see them going for something different.

ETA: Looks like I'm the only one not gushing...

Last edited:

beabstress

On the Ice
The ending to V/M's FD? Oh my. I have never, ever in my LIFE seen a more picture-perfect, goosebump-inducing pose. It just made me fall in love! With them, with ice dance, with life. . . . OK, time to breathe and stop gushing!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
V/M got a 9.00 for performance (not one, but averaged out).

beep_beep, I really hope we see something different next season. Now, I'm fine with lovey-dovey.