Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: FD 12:15 Eastern Time, Sunday, Nov. 22

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    V/M skated the program better than at TEB, but why did they make that change to their ending pose? I liked the one at TEB better.
    It was clunky I think ... they couldn't get it to flow at both Thornhill and TEB and got quite a bit of flak for it. Maybe they just decided that it would be better to change the ending.

Well I like both versions but I think the new one works better. It's a clean, neat end. The final pose is just gorgeous. Glad that they kept the spin though!

@ anne-marie: They broke character, yes. I'm not sure whether they actually STOPPED skating altogether (might have, but the camera angle in slow mo makes it hard to tell). Only one full stop (10 secs) or two stops (5 secs) is allowed; they could've gotten dinged on that.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    It was clunky I think ... they couldn't get it to flow at both Thornhill and TEB and got quite a bit of flak for it. Maybe they just decided that it would be better to change the ending.
    That's a pity. I did notice that it looked a little clumsy, but I thought they might have been able to fix it. I really liked it because it reminded me of ballet moves. Their new ending pose is just okay for me.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    V/M's end pose is lovely. I wondered what they were going to do there. Much as I loved the original pose ,the way she had to roll over to hit the arabesque left too much room for error - arms or costume getting in the way, etc.This is a beautiful and touching substitute, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some further refinement of the movements coming out of the spin and into the final pose , maybe even by GPF and certainly by the Olympics.

I think Tanith and Ben are in serious trouble. Both V/M and D/W have superior programs , IMO.I generally think music/ programs with a religious theme are best left alone..especially Ave Maria for Pairs or Dance where it's so easy to see the couple in a romantic light. Almost impossible not to. I can't see how their program relates to Ave Maria. Even when they're put on their knees with 'praying hands' part way through , it only makes me wonder if they're repenting their behaviour in the rest of the program. I don't think they benefit by the coaching move. This paragraph probably belongs on one of the GPF threads. Please move it , admin.s , if you think so ,too.

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    I have just rewatched V/M free dance from TEB and noticed how they progressed from that to SC! Ending at TEB was also beautiful and touching. I have a little question. Did they actually kiss in the middle of the dance (1.10 min.) and is it part of choreo? ?? It looked like they are so in love! I know that everybody say they are not a couple in real life and did look genuine.
    This is their program from TEB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSBDInM3mjc

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7