Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Mens Short Program Friday 19:55 Eastern Time Nov 20th

Rinkside
    I don't understand why everyone are always complaining about the PCS too high. If you clearly read the definition of PCS you'll see that the scores have nothing to do with the jumps or spins. Skating skills, transitions for exemple are always the same or similar even if the technic is bad. The only points of the PCS that can be affected by a bad technical program are the performance of course and choreography, but the others should be the same. Anyway, his score has been affected cause normally he is in the 8's.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjl View Post
    Is he going to 4CC?
    Since 4CC is the week right after Canadians I don't think any of our Olympic team will be attending.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Congrats To Jeremy, Dai and Denis. Great figure skating from the top three men tonight.
    I agree. I am especially happy for Denis!

Denis was really great yesterday. He still needs to grows as an artist a bit but he's doing great for his age. I'm looking forward to his free skate. I thought his PCS was a bit low but I guess that comes with the territory... he's fresh to the Senior stage.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Denis was really great yesterday. He still needs to grows as an artist a bit but he's doing great for his age. I'm looking forward to his free skate. I thought his PCS was a bit low but I guess that comes with the territory... he's fresh to the Senior stage.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I couldn't watch, but I'm very happy with the top 3! If that's how it stays after the LP, that would be great.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but [URL="http://www.freep.com/article/20091120/BLOG34/91120084/1048/SPORTS/Abbott-honors-fallen-skier"]Jeremy Abbott[/URL] dedicated the SP to a friend of his, who died in a skiing accident earlier in the day. Haley Rose Gans was a skater in Colorado Springs, and died at the age of 14. So sad.
    Thanks for the link BC. I am glad Jeremy was able to skate well last night.

He did look a bit upset but I had no idea why.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted yet, but [URL="http://www.freep.com/article/20091120/BLOG34/91120084/1048/SPORTS/Abbott-honors-fallen-skier"]Jeremy Abbott[/URL] dedicated the SP to a friend of his, who died in a skiing accident earlier in the day. Haley Rose Gans was a skater in Colorado Springs, and died at the age of 14. So sad.
    What a story. Thank you for telling, Buttercup

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12