Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: E. Tuktamysheva

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    131

    E. Tuktamysheva

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42_3Eeg93Y

    Hi everyone. I know we're in the heart of the GP season - and I hate to draw attention away from that - but the subpar women's performances have left me searching elsewhere for my kicks.

    Does anyone know in which competition Tuktamysheva gave this performance?

    I think it's one of the best women's LPs that's been performed this year, which isn't saying much (only Kim's LP at TEB, Suzuki's LP at CoC, and Flatt at SA have inspired me). To think that Tuktamysheva is still only 12 years old makes me both excited and wary - puberty, please be kind to her.

    Tuktamysheva's speed and jumps (correct edges on Lutzes and flips!) are very impressive, and her line is lovely, as well. Just a few more years for her to mature, and who knows what will happen in Sochi.

    The other young Russian women are great, too, but Tuktamysheva is my favorite.

    Thoughts?
    - DL

  2. #2
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by doug_log View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42_3Eeg93Y

    Hi everyone. I know we're in the heart of the GP season - and I hate to draw attention away from that - but the subpar women's performances have left me searching elsewhere for my kicks.

    Does anyone know in which competition Tuktamysheva gave this performance?

    I think it's one of the best women's LPs that's been performed this year, which isn't saying much (only Kim's LP at TEB, Suzuki's LP at CoC, and Flatt at SA have inspired me). To think that Tuktamysheva is still only 12 years old makes me both excited and wary - puberty, please be kind to her.

    Tuktamysheva's speed and jumps (correct edges on Lutzes and flips!) are very impressive, and her line is lovely, as well. Just a few more years for her to mature, and who knows what will happen in Sochi.

    The other young Russian women are great, too, but Tuktamysheva is my favorite.

    Thoughts?
    - DL
    This was quite good indeed. But it's just before puberty truely hits her so we don't know yet but a lot of promise.
    I could tell she was definetely inspired by Yuna, don't u think?

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,435
    Russian ladies haven't had a great history when it comes to Junior Lady champions making the transition to successful Senior skaters.

    Between 1994 and 2001, Russian ladies won 14 Junior World medals, including 5 World Junior Championships. Russian ladies swept the JW medals in 1996 and 1998, and won two JW medals in 1997 and 1999. But most of those ladies soon disappeared into oblivion, and the only lady from that era to have great success at the Senior level was Irina Slutskaya.

    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.

  4. #4
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    I thinks she lacks transitions in this program. Jumps are impressive but I wish she would have better extensions, also, di I miss layback spin or there was not any?
    I wish her good skating future!

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russian ladies haven't had a great history when it comes to Junior Lady champions making the transition to successful Senior skaters.

    Between 1994 and 2001, Russian ladies won 14 Junior World medals, including 5 World Junior Championships. Russian ladies swept the JW medals in 1996 and 1998, and won two JW medals in 1997 and 1999. But most of those ladies soon disappeared into oblivion, and the only lady from that era to have great success at the Senior level was Irina Slutskaya.

    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.
    Chuck, I'm hoping that this trend doesn't hold. She's only 12, so it's hard to tell, but she doesn't have that rail-thin body type (a la Kim and Asada) that made puberty easier to handle. Maybe that's why I like her line so much now.

    Those stats really are startling, especially because they apply so strongly to the Russian set. In general medalists from other countries have had more success as seniors, at least to varying degrees.

    Fingers crossed, tho! I'm a fan of this girl. And I think she's a great reason that the age rule should be thrown out. I honestly believe that program would vie for a spot on the podium in Vancouver.

  6. #6
    On the Ice poloska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    As far as I know Lisa's favourites are Sasha, Mao and Yuna. Lisa is great, love her Does anyone know how this music called?

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nürnberg
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russian ladies haven't had a great history when it comes to Junior Lady champions making the transition to successful Senior skaters.

    Between 1994 and 2001, Russian ladies won 14 Junior World medals, including 5 World Junior Championships. Russian ladies swept the JW medals in 1996 and 1998, and won two JW medals in 1997 and 1999. But most of those ladies soon disappeared into oblivion, and the only lady from that era to have great success at the Senior level was Irina Slutskaya.

    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.
    I think it is a general problem of all countries. Please try to make the same statistics of the US (Jennifer Kirk, Deanna Stellato, Ann Patrice Mc Donough, Katy Taylor, Christine Zukowski, maybe Caroline Zhang) or Japanese Junior ladies (Yukina Ota, Aki Sawada, Rumi Suizu).

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    But Liza has strong technique, her jumps are textbook, it can be even more important than "rail-thin body type" I think... And she has one of the best coaches.

    This performance was 2 weeks ago at Russian cup and her scores for FS was 120+(don't remember exactly). And she will compete again this week, Sotnikova and Agafonova will be there too. Shelepen will skate with juniors

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nürnberg
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    This performance was 2 weeks ago at Russian cup and her scores for FS was 120+(don't remember exactly). And she will compete again this week, Sotnikova and Agafonova will be there too. Shelepen will skate with juniors
    She reached 185,95 points (SP: 60,58, FS: 125,37)

    Complete results:

    http://news.goldskate.ru/CAT020RS.HTM

    Oops, sorry. These are results of the 3rd event of 2009 Cup of Russia in Kazan. I didn´t find the results of the 2nd event in Perm, where the video in October was made.
    Last edited by luckyguy; 11-24-2009 at 07:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyguy View Post
    I think it is a general problem of all countries. Please try to make the same statistics of the US (Jennifer Kirk, Deanna Stellato, Ann Patrice Mc Donough, Katy Taylor, Christine Zukowski, maybe Caroline Zhang) or Japanese Junior ladies (Yukina Ota, Aki Sawada, Rumi Suizu).
    Exactly. Plus Russia in that period ended up having a deep Senior Ladies team with Irina and Maria (both who won world medals and stuff at this time)

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    I also think Liza looks older than most of the competitors her age - she certainly looks older than Sotnikova, Agafonova and Shelepen. I think she might end up having a body type like Sasha. But she has much better skating skills and jump technique. Really, her jumps are very good and so clean. I also like the expressive way she uses her arms.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.
    There's nothing in the Russian water to make puberty especially difficult there. What you say applies all over the world. If Russian girls have had a harder time than most, that's just chance, and there's no particular reason to think it will continue.

  13. #13
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.
    Then there wouldn't be that many brilliant pair skaters from Russia, would there? I don't think that puberty hits them harder than other Caucasians. But it may have something to do with the fact that in Russia pair skating is very prestigious and young petite girls are perhaps more often encouraged by coaches to take up pair skating than ladies in the US e.g.. Therefore it's possible that more normal built ladies end up in singles, than in other countries.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russian ladies haven't had a great history when it comes to Junior Lady champions making the transition to successful Senior skaters.

    Between 1994 and 2001, Russian ladies won 14 Junior World medals, including 5 World Junior Championships. Russian ladies swept the JW medals in 1996 and 1998, and won two JW medals in 1997 and 1999. But most of those ladies soon disappeared into oblivion, and the only lady from that era to have great success at the Senior level was Irina Slutskaya.

    For some reason, puberty seems to hit Russian ladies hard.
    I have heard this is a primary reason Alexei Mishin prefers not to coach Russian female skaters. Not sure if it's true, but it's what I've heard. I can't remember any particular Russian ladies either pre- or post-puberty that he coached...so someone jump in if they can remember. (Fumie Suguri is of course a special case, isn't Russian, and obviously doesn't have puberty issues.)

  15. #15
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I know Katarina Gerboldt who left Mishin this season

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •