Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21

Medusa

Record Breaker
Sure but those are for practicality! They just look ridiculous on men - like tights do. They look especially awful when they have feathers and sequins on them!
I take it you are not a fan of the ballet.

Seriously, don't you think you are being a tad narrow-minded here? Tights e.g. were worn as a major part of a man's attire for centuries. And gloves are just gloves. They are clothing for the hands. I fail to see how having clothed hands is ridiculous. It's like people complaining about men wearing pink - just because in their culture it is not accepted for men to wear pink, they find it ridiculous every time men wear pink? E.g. pink on men has no deeper meaning in Russia. Maks Trankov was asked in the press conference at TEB if he was gay, just because he is wearing a pink shirt. :laugh:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Chan's warm up is not looking promising.

They look especially awful when they have feathers and sequins on them!

Are you talking about Evan??

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Chan's warm up is not looking promising.
That's why I never watch warm-ups. E.g. Joubert often has kick-butt warm-ups, landing Quad after Quad, 3As etc. - only to falter in the actual competition. Other skaters have bad warm-ups and can totally rock the competition.

Either way, you can only make yourself miserable by watching warm-ups.

Love Jeremy's costume. I find men in formal wear very appealing.

i love to skate

Medalist

Seriously, don't you think you are being a tad narrow-minded here? Tights e.g. were worn as a major part of a man's attire for centuries. And gloves are just gloves. They are clothing for the hands. I fail to see how having clothed hands is ridiculous. It's like people complaining about men wearing pink - just because in their culture it is not accepted for men to wear pink, they find it ridiculous every time men wear pink? E.g. pink on men has no deeper meaning in Russia. Maks Trankov was asked in the press conference at TEB if he was gay, just because he is wearing a pink shirt. :laugh:

I do enjoy the ballet very much but I have never been to a performance where the guys wore gloves (or noticed). I don't think it's narrow minded, it's just my personal preference. I think they look ridiculous. I never said anything derogatory about people who wear them.

BTW, lots of guys wear pink in Canada.

amateur

Final Flight

Is that true, about Trankov being asked that? :eek:

Heck, in Montreal at least, if not elsewhere in N.A., it suddenly became rather in style for guys to wear pink (i.e. even as office attire) over the last couple of years. :shrug:
It's just a colour, that can look great on the right man

Phoenix347

Final Flight
He looks so promising until the two falls. His fall on the 3A looked like his almost split his legs. Poor guy.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Patricks skate

Beautiful skate until the first fall..... it looked like that fall hurt! He's such an expressive skater especially in the footwork section. I wish him all the best for the season.

☆Genie

Rinkside
Patrick Chan
Nice and simple outfit...
Triple axel-2toe a bit rushed..
3flip-3toe
Nice footwork, very flowing.
Great spin
Hard fall on the second triple axel.. did he do a split fall?
3lutz fall... the last two jumps seem very sketchy in terms of whether the jumps were rotated fully.
2lo
3flip
Another fall on the slachow....

luvsasha

Final Flight
ack, PatChan really imploded...that said, I really liked his music cuts. nice to hear
Masquerade in there.