Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21

Scout

Final Flight
what needs to happen for Jeremy to make the final?
Just wondering, and my brain is getting tired from trying to figure it out. lol

Abbott? He has 7 points, so he'd need to win and get 15 to move ahead of Johnny in the standings

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Abott needs 1st, or second w/ >215.57 and some help (Dai/Contesti not winning OR Brezina not medalling. If it's Dai-Abbott-Brezina or Contesti-Abbott-Brezina, Abbott's out.)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott just needs to skate a reasonably solid program, without quad but with 2 3A's. And he'll be there. IMO.

Hey, a nice program from Carriere. I'll take it over Evan's Firebird. It stretches him in a good way. But he could definitely drop the slow butt spin at the end. If he could speed up some of his spins and put just a bit more energy or passion into the footwork and transitions, he could do great with this program, IMO.

Scout

Final Flight
it's been a strange GP for men. correct me if i'm wrong, but normally 22 or 23 points would not get you into the final...but there has been so much inconsistency with men doing really well in one competition and terribly in another.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I was actually impressed with Carriere's speed here. His jumps don't slow him down.

Good, solid program. His posture during the jumps is great.

But what happened to him? He actually had the same jump content when he was junior world champion!

beep_beep

Medalist
it's been a strange GP for men. correct me if i'm wrong, but normally 22 or 23 points would not get you into the final...but there has been so much inconsistency with men doing really well in one competition and terribly in another.
There are also winners that are competing in just one GP: Plushenko. And Chan only has one GP as well.

Trewyn

Medalist
Just got home; is there a stream somewhere?

What exactly happened to Kevin? I can barely make out; he landed a triple-triple-triple, lost steam and pretended vomiting?His score looks low...

Medusa

Record Breaker
Russell does the Yu Na spin. Better than her, imo. :)
I like Russel. He looks a bit like he traveled from the early 19th century into our time, to compete as a figure skater. Great extension, good flexibility, lots of exuberance.