Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
So what does the grand prix final look like for the men.

All I have to say is I am glad that Patrick was not gifted with a spot on the podium, he skated very poorly and I just do not see why he is given such high scores to begin with.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Okay, I believe the ones who made it to the GPF are:

Oda
Lysacek
Joubert
Abbott
Takahashi
Weir

ETA: Oops, my post was superfluous. lol Sorry ;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
which announcer? are you referring to radio canada?

The announcer in the arena as the set-up for the medal ceremony was taking place. It was a little Artistry contest for who could have the most artistic hug and kiss (I suspect artistic reads a bit more risque in this context, however). I know Artistry is a sponsor this year. Anyway, it was fun. I only heard from a distance.

Oh Hurray, zippity doo dah, Johnny makes GPF. :party:

I'm very glad Patrick is OK. He'll be back!

Thanks for the La Strada link, daisies.

skfan

Final Flight
lots of great performances in the men's long program. i'm really excited about the line up for GPFinal in the men's event. thanks for everybody filling me in :)

still wish i understood about the bananas though.

enlight78

Medalist
judges got it right again; abbott and taka were so close i was nail bitting; the top three were great and a great event overall; The GPFinal for the men is super stacked; I have no clue who will win ; medal; bomb; the pressure is gonna be on everyone from the get go ;

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I hope Jeremy continues to improve his LP throughout the year. It isn't nearly as interesting as the program he had last year. Thankfully, his SP is a masterpiece.

Takahashi deservedly received the highest PCS for the LP.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm very glad Patrick is OK. He'll be back!

Agreed! I think his new LP is a masterpiece and could potentially put him on the Olympic podium if he skates it well. I can't believe I'm typing that because normally I hate Phantom of the Opera (I dislike Davis and White's dance version, for example, this year, no matter how well-skated). I found his attitude in the interviews both after the short and long refreshing — no boo-hooing, just an acknowledgment that he didn't skate well and will be back for Canadian championships.

Enjoyed a number of the programs very much. My fav was probably Takahashi. Abbott could certainly play spoiler at American nationals for a spot on the Olympic team.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols are up...

1. Jeremy got a positive GOE of 1 on the quad.

2. Patrick Chan's 2nd triple axel was deemed underrotated, as if you didn't know that already.

3. No edge calls for the top five FD performances.

4. Preaubert really doesn't get anything GOE wise. Total GOE of 2 points. But he does this with only one of his elements getting a negative (his lutz)

gourry

Final Flight
Wow! Congratulations, Jeremy, Daisuke, and Alban!!!! They were all awesome!!:love::love:

As for Daisuke's choreography:p, I think he is playing a circus performer. Definately not Zampano(not macho, brutal enough), nor Jelsomina. IMO he is portraying the other guy, the guy killed by Zampano, I don't remember exactly, maybe he was an acrobat or a jester? A bit silly, a bit feminine, a bit melancholic...
So I can imagine that the jester wakes up and gets out of bed, trips over something in his messy, tiny room, just shrugs it off and starts another day in circus. He walks a tightrope, does juggling and his stuffs....:)
I actually think it is really well choreographed and Daiske performed it very well.:clap:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't know what MIA means, but the ladies haven't skated lps yet.

Missing in Action.

As you said, protocols only go up once the entire event is finished.

Doesn't it seem like the three Americans in the GPF will be their Olympic team?

skfan

Final Flight
Doesn't it seem like the three Americans in the GPF will be their Olympic team?

yeah, i doubt abbott or mroz or the others pose much challenge, should these 3 land more than half their jumps.

ETA: i meant rippon and mroz... thanks gourry for the correction.

Last edited: