Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Mens Free Program 16:00 Eastern Time Sat Nov 21

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I thought Abbott looked GREAT in his new costume. It actually helped me to notice that he is very tall, I have not had that feeling before. I went to ISU biographies to check out his height, ...
    After I read this, I went to there to check too. Abbott is only 5'9". I can't believe it! He looked like 6'. I thought he was taller than Weir.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I thought he was taller than Weir.
    But he is.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...8/cf43153.html

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm SO PROUD of Jeremy and Daisuke for rebounding so well from their performances at the NHK Trophy. WAY TO GO, GUYS! You both put on an entertaining show! Now on to the GPF!!
    They sure did. I just finished watching the Men's Medal Ceremony and those guys looked so darn happy and proud to be standing on the podium, all three of them were just beaming. I liked how Jeremy applauded Dai when he skated out then both Dai and Jeremy applauded for Alban when he skated out. Nice to see a podium where all of the medalist not just the winner looked truly happy.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 11-23-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Custom Title
    I've seen Abbott live on the floor without skates, and he is a small guy---maybe 5'8" or 5'9" with a slight build. I agree his costume makes him look taller, and that is a good thing.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    After I read this, I went to there to check too. Abbott is only 5'9". I can't believe it! He looked like 6'. I thought he was taller than Weir.
    Before I saw him live at 4CC earlier this year, I had always thought he was TALL. Like Lysacek tall. I was so surprised to see that he actually was only 5'9. I think this is partly because his lines and stretch. He's all about amplitude and moving big. He just has a great presence on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    In USFSA website, both Abbott and Weir listed as 5'9".

Custom Title
    BTW, I loved Preaubert's FS. He really knows how to sell a program, and when he's landing his jumps, he's a lot of fun. His was one of the most enjoyable programs I've seen recently.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Before I saw him live at 4CC earlier this year, I had always thought he was TALL. Like Lysacek tall. I was so surprised to see that he actually was only 5'9. I think this is partly because his lines and stretch. He's all about amplitude and moving big. He just has a great presence on the ice.
    I have to agree with your post, shine, in particular the bold parts I highlighted.

Regards Jeremy's height, I'm shocked to find out he's only 5'9". He looked so much taller than the other guys at SC when they were getting off the ice. Also when he was on the awards stand with the other medalists he literally towered over Daisuke Takahashi. Then again Evgeni Plushenko is the same way, but even moreso! At Rostelecom Cup his breadth of chest, manly presence, and overall aura just blew everyone else away. Thus, I was equally shocked to find out Evan Lysacek is actually taller than Zhenya by a few inches. One would never know.

Regards Jeremy's presence on ice & how he skates *big*, I must agree. There is one particular move that he does in his SP that is the epitomy of what I speak, it comes at exactly 110:41 (if watching IN's coverage). At this moment he looks at the judges while his left leg makes a huge stroke backwards, literally caressing the ice, it gave me chills. There are other moments of course (e.g. 110:11, 110:18, 111:52, 112:51), but this one move stands out the most to me. Truly, the entire program is a masterpiece.

But it is the s-k-a-t-e-r that makes it come alive! It was as if the music was coming from within Jeremy, as if he were the music, not just skating to it. No, Jeremy was one with the music, he was the music. Awesome to see that first time. Lol, he had me at hello, at that first note.

I was so moved by his performance at NHK that I went to look for that particular Beatles song the very next day, and had to watch Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love Show on t.v.
    Last edited by Nadine; 11-24-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    They sure did. I just finished watching the Men's Medal Ceremony and those guys looked so darn happy and proud to be standing on the podium, all three of them were just beaming. I liked how Jeremy applauded Dai when he skated out then both Dai and Jeremy applauded for Alban when he skated out. Nice to see a podium where all of the medalist not just the winner looked truly happy.
    I missed the medal ceremony but I'll check it on icenetwork. How nice! So far the men's discipline has been far more interesting than the ladiezzzzzz this season.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    I missed the medal ceremony but I'll check it on icenetwork. How nice! So far the men's discipline has been far more interesting than the ladiezzzzzz this season.
    Even the pairs have been more interesting and of higher quality than ladies.
    I have a suspicion that its all a grand scheme. When come olympics, its actually going to be ladies standing and all the others wiping the ice with their backs..

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20